1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

~{ James Harden's Philadelphia 76ers }~

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 10, 2022.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Jokic is having the best defensive season of his career, leads the league in DPM (also BPM, OPM, VORP, WS, WS/48 ;), almost everything RAPTOR)

you're b trippin on this one (in my humblest of opinion big daddy reeko). Saying things like no argument is a total delusion

Easy and hakeem94 like this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I would say Jokic has a slight lead. With him winning last year will impact voting though.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

the advanced stats are cool, but sorry man, I don’t see how u can put him above Embiid…if Embiid hadn’t missed 12 games, their records wouldn’t even be close, and those missed games are the only reason this can even be a discussion

30-14 with Embiid, that’s a 56 win pace…meanwhile, Denver is on a 45 win pace

Nuggets do have a very easy stretch of games coming up while the Sixers are playing a bunch of playoff teams and have just added a star in Harden, so maybe moving forward Jokic will have more of an argument because up to this point, Embiid is Usain Bolt in this MVP race

jiggyfly likes this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Your writing off stats but your only argument is team record without acknowledging 76ers have a obviously superior supporting crew.

If you think MVP is Embiid, I won't argue, if you it isn't close and Embiid is blowing Jokic out the water over a 6 game record difference (being ultimately your only decider) I'm gonna still gonna say u B trippin lol

We'll see what the MVP votes look like and how the boys finish the year. I think Embid finals MVP is a real possibility, Phillys team is very nice.

jiggyfly likes this.
  5. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Jokic's personal record is 30 - 20, Nuggets without him is 1 - 5. So like you said, in terms of the wining % when they can play, Embiid has a clear edge, but Jokic makes up the difference in games won by being available more. Also Nuggets without Jokic has a worse record than Embiid-less 76ers.

I think it all just comes down to whether 76ers can be top 3. With Harden joining, I think the likelihood is decent.

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

no it’s not…my argument is better record AND Embiid dominating on both ends

Embiid is averaging 30, 11, and 5, and despite what advanced stats might say about Jokic and his defense, I refuse to believe that he is close to Embiid on that end

Embiid about to get done dirty like Harden in 2017

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Asian Sensation

James Harden in game 7 against the Bucks last year.

22 points
    5/17 FG 29%
    2/12 3PT 17 %
    4 Turnovers

His Onlyfans are quick to point at him playing injured and use that as an excuse. Well how was that game much different than his previous 6 elimination games? Hint: it wasn’t.

I can already tell you guys what’s gonna happen this summer but I won’t spoil it.

Don’t hate me. Hate his terrible play.

hakeem94 and Salvy like this.
  8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What about Giannis?

I think Embiid should be the top guy if he played same number of minutes as Jokic. Games missed makes it a bit less clear, but I’d still give him the edge due to team success.

9. Salvy

Salvy Member

[​IMG]

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

Salvy likes this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he is just not a good 3 point shooter and he relies upon that shot more than he should...

12. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

They all have a good case & it'll come down to where they place in. The standings.

Embiid is my current leader & he'll win if his team is a top 3 seed. He's been the most dominant player on both ends, carrying the Sixers all season.

Jokic wins if he is a top 4 seed. He's been the most prolific and efficient player in the NBA. He leads everyone in nearly every advance box score stats (BPM, VORP, PER WS )and advance impact stats like EPM, Raptor etc. He's carried his team without it's 2nd and third best players all season. His defense has improved to above average but it's not nearly as good as the metric indicate.

Giannis will win if his team is a top 2 seed. He's just puts up stats, plays great defense and is just having another great season. The Bucks however are underperforming somewhat and they'll need to pick it up for him to win the MVP.

Lastly CP3 needs to be in the discussion. His numbers aren't as impressive and certainly doesnt compare with the other candidates. But his leadership, consistency and playmaking/passing has help established the Suns as by far the best team in the NBA this season. He's turn Javalle and Bismack into elite rim runners and both are having career years interms of scoring rate. CP3 at the age of 36 is still the best passer/leader In the nba.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. i3artow i3aller

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

AD been taking a beating by the pundits recently

Rocket River

15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Lookie here. Btching about harden already b4 his first game with 76ers. Anyone surprised?

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. hakeemthagreat

b****ing and speaking truth are 2 different things. Harden has either choked or imo quit in almost every important elimination game he's been

red5rocket and Asian Sensation like this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

How many elimination games did we win before he got here?

Rocket River

18. hakeemthagreat

This justifies quitting?

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Did they quit in those games?

Rocket River

20. Asian Sensation

DatHardenFan b****ing at me for sharing Harden stats like it’s my fault he sucks. Nah I’m just here to remind you he sucks.