1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

~{ James Harden's Philadelphia 76ers }~

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 10, 2022.

1. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

ringz without context, amiright

2. HardenVolumeOne

playing nba 2k22 on my ps5( the game was on sale).. the sixers are loaded.. love how they have maxey at pg and harden out on the 2. If doc rivers is smart he will use hardens underrated post game and have him be a facilitor once he draws multiple defenders. Danny Green is eating from 3 on this game

all philly really need is a backup center

paul reed number 44 on the sixers is compared to our very own christian wood lol

im just throwing alleys to this dude in my nba franchise mode

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/paul-reed/

BigShasta likes this.
  3. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

"Team ball and player movement" From the least passing offense in basketball, where every play was Harden/KD/Kyrie ISOs.

Sounds like damage control coming out of Brookylin.

jiggyfly, Nook and hakeem94 like this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

@Nook

Would you look at that. I though the plan was always for Harden to go to Brooklyn and team up with Durant.

I thought Tim Machmahom said that Morey and Dantoni being gone had nothing to do with Harden leaving

Hmmmmmmmmm, makes you wonder, doesnt it.

jiggyfly and Nook like this.
  5. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

I'm still shocked Morey pulled this off without giving up Maxey OR Thybulle.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly . . . . I want to see the relationship between Harden and Sam Cassell.
    If Sam can convince James to play like he did
    Crafty, mid Range, uber smart
    Harden's additional skills would make him unstoppable
    Sam is an insane mentor . . .. he helped NASH alot

Rocket River

HP3, B-Bob, riko and 3 others like this.
  7. HardenVolumeOne

IKR, im shocked people are saying the nets won this trade.

to put this in perspective drummond was on the lakers last year and was getting roasted by the media every night

seth curry is a good shooter but how many different teams has he been on, he is literally in the league because of his brother.. He is more of a gary neal type of player than anything

and ben simmons is a mental midget. The first round picks are actually worth more than drummond and seth

ElPigto and hakeem94 like this.
  8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

We get it, you're stupid.

HP3 and Tuckankhamun like this.
  9. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Simmons averaged less than 10 ppg against the Hawks in the playoffs last year, and is unplayable during the clutch time because he shot 33% from the free throw line. I don't think Simmons' shooting problem is ever going to be fixed, so in the playoffs, he is basically a better version of Roberson who can dribble and pass. Beside, Kyrie's stableness 100% relies on NYC government to lift the vaccine mandate, which would probably happen in the future, but uncertain this year.

Easy and HP3 like this.
  10. riko

riko Member

Sean marks and the nets have let their media stooges like Woj and shelburne loose to do damage control. Woj is a well known front office stooge. We saw McMahon for Tillman do the same last season

Nook, hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  11. riko

riko Member

If he was this bad why were they so keen to keep him?

HP3 likes this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Here is the thing. Nets could do just fine with Simmons averaging 5ppg. People are seriously, 100%, ignoring everything he does well. Roberson wasn't even half the defender Simmons is and as far as passing and playmaking, Roberson simply couldn't do it. I don't think it's a shooting problem if he's the one with the ball and I don't think Kyrie or durant will have issues with letting him do that. I mean really, I told people this last year about Giannis but some people overrate 3 point shooting acting like if you can't shoot a 3 you are worthless as a player. This isn't the case for Ben. He positively affects every other area of the game outside of shooting.

The only thing BKN has problems with is availability. I think Durant and Kyrie can even make up for Ben's ummm...shyness in clutch as both are very clutch players. Again, their big issue is...will they actually be there. Durant has been riddled with injuries for the past few seasons and Kyire, as you mention, depends on laws changing.

Speaking of Ben's mental, I do think Durant is probably the ideal guy for him. Durant is doggedly loyal to his teammates, he goes to war for them and protects them in the press. You won't ever hear him shade dissing teammates he'd do the opposite. Even if its clear to everyone else that those teammates he's protecting are extremely flawed in some way Durant always steps up for them.

JumpMan, daywalker02 and hakeem94 like this.
  13. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

They got harden for a dude that wasnt gonna play in philli anymore and 2 1sr round picks. Not a steal but def not the worst trade morey made. For the worst trade morey has made people should look up Westbrook for cp3

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

IMO people are only saying the nets won the trade is because they simply hate james harden. Now all im hearing is how great ben simmons is. What? Some real short memories i guess. Brooklyn is NOT better with ben than james. They barely played together and were still about to run through the bucks like they were notning. Easily an all time great team without the injuries and drama.

Drummond is trash. Worst finishing big in the league and will get abused in the pick n roll. Is he even signed beyond this year?

Then people say, oh im not sure james and joel fit together... What? How? Thats a perfect fit.

Its just silly to me to think the nets won the trade.

15. HardenVolumeOne

you are kidding yourself bro, prime roberson was a nightmare on defense. He locked down kawhi and the 67 win spurs in the 2016 playoffs, and would give harden hell. That was the only guy that could literally say he locked up harden routinely

ive seen harden light ben simmons up for 40 multiple times

16. riko

riko Member

Blake disappeared like Chris Paul did as well.

jiggyfly likes this.
  17. riko

riko Member

Yes I think harden dropped 46 points on him

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not want anything to do with those evil bastards, they think they can control the game of bball by spamming 3s, selling contact and shooting FTs.

Jimmy is 32, he won't change his stripes.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Haven't given up on Simmons, he doesn't make sense in Houston because he would have played for the Play In with kids around him.

Brooklyn makes sense, they are a great veteran team if they click.

JayGoogle likes this.
  20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You're making the mistake that being a great defender means shutting down a great offensive player. Ben Simmons is a much better defender than Roberson ever was. Hint. One guy is 6'7 and the other is 6'11' with a 7'0 wingspan. By all metrics Simmons is better. You're kidding yourself if you think Roberson has ever been a better defender than Simmons.

Also, Harden had 1 game with 40 points against Simmons so you are mistaken there. Not that it matters.

Asian Sensation likes this.