1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll: Let's play - what's your frustration level?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Feb 11, 2022.

?

Which best describes your level of frustration with the Rockets front office?

Poll closed Feb 18, 2022.
  1. James Harden level: This situation is crazy, it can't be fixed

11 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. A lot: Having serious doubts about what the FO is doing

31 vote(s)
    33.7%
  3. A bit : Maybe it would be nice to understand the plan

30 vote(s)
    32.6%
  4. None: Feeling we're building something cool and sustainable leading to tremendous success!

20 vote(s)
    21.7%
  1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Given the lack of trades and the overall course of this team the last few years, it's interesting to know how clutchfans are feeling.

2. i3artow i3aller

Aaargh lol

[​IMG]

DreamR, DeBeards, Reeko and 4 others like this.
  3. Millennium_Fan

With the harden trade, miss on mobley and the lack of trades this year im pretty pissed.

however if mobley would of been as good here as he is in clevand that only puts us maybe 8th seed? Ill take the project of green plus a top 4 pick (plus sengun since i dont think we trade for him had we took mobley).

annd if harden really declined due to age and not because of change of scenery i think us fans will be fine. Esp if we can turn gordon and wood into something really nice in the offseason or next year trade deadline

4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I'm good.

I like what the Rockets are doing.

I hope the Rockets can sign Schroder and Bruno Fernando on the cheap

1) Porter jr.......................Schroder / Nix
    2) J Green........................Mathews / J Christopher
    3) Tate..............................Kenyon jr / Eric Gordon
    4) C Wood........................Jabari Smith
    5) Sengun.........................Garuba / Fernando

Jabari Smith is my preference; but I'm good with Banchero or Chet as well.

Future looks bright as this group grows together

#4 ApacheWarrior, Feb 11, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
  5. Cherenqueco

Cherenqueco Member

9/10. The franchise seems rudderless. Fertitta proven to be a great business man but not a good franchise owner. He needs to stop trying to be nba jerry Jones, scrap the nepotism and hire people that are proven winners. Furthermore, The uniforms suck. They look cheap. The product on the floor is gross. I’m getting heavy cheap vibes from ownership and that is not a good sign. The saving grace is the food in the stadium is excellent now. When the ridiculously overpriced food is a professional basketball teams saving grace there’s a lot of work to do.

PuzzledFan and napalm06 like this.
  6. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’m now a 76ers fan.

7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I chose the 'it can't be fixed option'.

All our problems stem from the owner.

The owner who said he's never selling the team and it'll pass from generation to generation within his family.

The owner who inserted his 20-something son who has zero experience, into the front office and gave him the keys to make decisions.

The owner who ran out the franchise player, the head coach, the CEO. All long-term and happy members of the Rockets organisation before his arrival.

I'm saying it can't be fixed because the one thing that'll fix it won't ever happen.

I just pray there's some emails or voice messages saved in someones phone from a decade ago of him calling someone something not nice one time, and the NBA has to do a Sterling.

pippendagimp likes this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm at about 3 only because watching sports I'm not competing in, and have no control over, does not matter. The Rockets don't know I'm rooting for them to win.

Remember guys, when your Rockets fandom in in the gutter, none of this really matters.

Root for the children.

I didn't vote.

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

It’s dope over here in Philly. No salt grasses, just Philly cheesesteaks.

pippendagimp and Downtown Sniper like this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

You either have the right bread or you don't

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

Need an option for "Frustration was last year's emotion. Now I'm just numb for the next few years until we finally make the playoffs again."

12. i3artow i3aller

All we ask is that they don't fudge this tank job up down the stretch. The fear of E-Gone and Sauerkraut winning us a few extra meaningless games on the back nine is very real. It'd be all too cruel if the Rockets were to somehow fall out of the top five in the draft because Dennis Schroder decided to showcase his abilities before hitting FA. We can't be having that. Let's not compound the Theis signing mistake. Instead let Gup and the crew develop long term on court chemistry that will help them build towards next season. Call up Nix and Garuba too once his wrist his right and give the gambinos more floor time.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Borderline comical

The level where you see things as a joke and you feel the urge to parody someone.

[​IMG]

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  14. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Not frustrated at all. Only been 1 year of rebuilding. But also feeling uncertain about the direction of this team, players, and even the coach based on current progress.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You were a Brooklyn fan.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

No sir, we’re double chin Daryl fans first and for most, Tad was the cream filling, Harden is the icing. Cookies and cake Phillys team is baked.

Downtown Sniper and daywalker02 like this.
  17. CCorn

CCorn Member

I was never a Brooklyn fan actually

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just imagine if Tillman didn't F up a 65 win team that Morey & Co spent a big chunk of their careers building - I'd have quit too if I were Morey.

We'd still have Chris Paul, we'd still probably have Harden, and might have another star to go along with them. Imagine if we never got rid of Capela but had added a Christian wood to that mix? Or another all-star level talent. This team could have been even better, historically so. But instead of building upon and saying the course, Tillman put his hand into something he didn't understand and messed it up badly.

And now we get to watch Morey and Harden compete for a championship in Philly while we hope to get a top five pick which our FO seems hell bent on mucking up.

I'm shocked as many as 1 in 6 fans are frustration free at this point.

19. a time to chill

I'm frustrated because in hindsight there were some key decisions Stone should've made that put us further ahead in our rebuild schedule than where we are now. I realize hindsight is 20/20, but in the end, a GM is going to be judged on the result of trades and draft picks. The biggest regrets are not getting back Jarret Allen in the James Harden trade because they wanted a "star" in Oladipo to play alongside John Wall and Demarcus Cousins, only to realize Oladipo wasn't a good fit, and not getting Evan Mobley in the draft. Stone has yet to make any trades to get good players from other teams that are proven key pieces to our rebuild. KPJ and Wood are supposed to be those pieces but Wood will probably be traded and KPJ is still an unknown. Also, the vets Stone has brought in have not had a positive impact (e.g. Thies). This upcoming offseason will be critical.

20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At this point it’s pure apathy, and that’s the absolute worst a fan can be

cmoak1982 and Bobbythegreat like this.