1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Fantasma Negro

Perfectly timed heel turn, Bryan must be booking his own ****

Been waiting a long time for this

#7101 Fantasma Negro, Nov 18, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I clicked on the video and skimmed through it, Carlito must have fallen on some hard times to be running with whatever group this is

I would have been sure it was newjack by reading the headline if he weren't dead

5. Fantasma Negro

aew is whack, the only guys booked properly are Bryan Danielson, MJF and Sammy Guavera. Jericho should stay gone. Cody still has no personality. All of the bucks matches are exactly the same. The Acclaimed are being wasted. Adam Cole is nothing but a cool theme song. Pac is insignificant. Darby is a dollar store Jeff Hardy. Does anyone know what Eddie Kingston's gimmick is? Punk is ****ing lame, he might as well have stayed retired, all he's doing is stealing Khan's money. They have too many guys that can't work or cut a descent promo. Vince isn't trippin on aew, he probably wants Bryan back but he probably knows that if aew doesn't slash its roster and get the guys to work on their promos and ring work, Bryan, Sammy and MJF will be under the titan banner.

body slam likes this.
  6. Fantasma Negro

I hope this means aew just a new booker

7. body slam

body slam Member

The WWE acknowledged Impact on Smackdown and caller the KO Champion a World Champion.

8. VanityHalfBlack

I think Wrestling in general has been pretty bad since the pandemic. I don't know maybe I'm just getting bored of the fake fighting or the story and promos is just not that engaging anymore. I'll watch here and there but not like I used to back in the day.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  9. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For me back in the day was the NWO / DX / Stone Cold / Rock era. My oldest was young and I would watch with him. Got steadily more boring after that. You're right, the pandemic had an effect. Wrestling in empty arenas drove home wrestling being fake as ****,

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  10. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Since the summer AEW has signed Danielson, Punk, Andrade, Black, Keith Lee, Undisputed Era, Brody King, Danhausen, Switchblade Jay White, Thunder Rosa, Daniel Garcia, Serena Deeb, Jay Lethal, Hook, Wheeler Yuta, Lee Moriarty & Ruby Soho that is a pretty epic overhaul/upgrade of the roster with Swole, Peter Avalon gone and Marko Stunt, Janela, Lio Rush contracts Tony K will let expire soon

11. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I don't think Jay White is signed. I still think he is signed with NJPW since Tony was talking about his definition of forbidden door being some one from another company showing up but everyone has been pretty awesome to see sign for AEW. Coming up in April I definitely see alot of people not getting resigned. Janela, THC, Sonny Kiss, and Cage are the ones that I think are out.

12. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Cody and Brandi Rhodes have left AEW. Wonder if he goes back to WWE right away.

13. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

supposedly it’s a work and he’s gonna turn back up at the Revolution with a heel faction of free agents. I can’t imagine him walking away from his EVP/booking role, his own tv show that AEW operates, a tv show that Turner operates, etc

14. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

I'm glad I didn't buy Wrestlemania tickets.

Mr.Pringles likes this.
  15. body slam

body slam Member

last night on Impact's No Surrender (hell of a show by the way) AWE top star (did I do that right) Jay White turned on G.O.D. and is aligned with the Good Brothers. Bullet Club is getting interesting.

NJPW and Impact both being on AXS seem to have a good working relationship.

16. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Coming off of Elimination Chamber and the following Raw here is my prediction for the WrestleMania XXXVIII card:

Night 1

Smackdown Women's Title Match:
    Ronda Rousey
    vs
    Charlotte Flair (c)

This one is obvious as it is already set. I can see this one going either way but ultimately I think Rousey wins the title, Flair takes some time off after Mania setting up the likes of Banks and Bayley as challengers for Rousey following Mania.

Men's Battle Royal:

Not sure if they will continue to call it The Andre The Giant Battle Royal or not but this would serve two purposes. One to get the majority of the roster on the card but more importantly to make Omos look strong and get a win at Mania

US Title Match:
    Austin Theory
    vs
    Damien Priest (c)

We saw on Raw that Priest is asking for better competition. I think this leads to Priest picking up a few big wins on the road to Maina to set up him dropping the title to Theory to give him a big early win on Mania and allow Priest to make a potential move up the card.

Singles Match:
    AJ Styles
    vs
    Edge

We got Edge's promo on Raw calling out any and everyone for a match at Mania. He did use the word phenomenal and based off that I can see this being the match. Think this would be a true 50/50 call on who goes over but I think the more plausible scenario is one last run for Styles on top of the card with this match getting him back there.

Tag Team Match:

The Miz and Logan Paul
    vs
    Rey and Dominik Mysterio

This one was also announced on Raw and I think it is pretty obvious that Miz and Paul win here and hopefully it sets up the Rey/Dominik feud we have been waiting for.

Raw Tag Team Title Match:
    RK-Bro
    vs
    Alpha Academy (c)

I expect Alpha to retain in the triple threat match in a couple weeks without pinning RK-Bro which gets us back to this match for Mania. I would expect RK-Bro to regain their titles as they are still super over and running their reign into the summer to ultimately set up their singles match at SummerSlam. I hope that Alpha don't get lost in the shuffle because they have been great and deserve a chance to continue to shine.

Raw Women's Title Match:
    Bianca Belair
    vs
    Becky Lynch (c)

Another match signed for Mania. This appears to be another obvious choice with Belair finally getting over on Lynch and getting a huge moment winning the title in the main event spot on night 1. Think this will allow Becky to take some time off and let Belair have a big run on Raw.

Night 2

Singles Match:
    Kevin Owens
    vs
    Stone Cold

This is the big one that is being teased and I think it has to pay off here at Mania. Obviously Austin would get the win and a great way to kick off night 2.

Women's Battle Royal:
    Just a way to get more people on the card. A good chance to have some big star power with the likes of Banks, a returning Bayley, Bliss, Ripley and the tag champs in the same match. Think Banks or Bayley would win to set up something with Rousey post Mania.

IC Title Match:
    Johnny Knoxville
    vs
    Sami Zayn (c)

Zayn already has a built in story with Knoxville and reports are that Knoxville is not done with WWE yet so I think this one makes sense. WWE also seems to be behind Zayn given his new contract so I would expect him to retain.

Smackdown Tag Team Title Match:
    The New Day (Kofi and Big E)
    vs
    The Usos (c)

Think this is inevitable as these teams have never had a singles tag match with each other at Mania. These teams always put on a good show and I would hope they would get a nice 12-15 minute window to really put on a show. I would expect The Usos to retain as I don't think the Bloodline are done being champs yet.

Singles Match:
    Drew McIntyre
    vs
    Happy Corbin

Probably the match I would least be looking forward too. But it is inevitable and hopefully the last thing Drew has to do before moving back up in the card.

Singles Match:
    Seth Rollins
    vs
    Cody Rhodes

Even though Rhodes wasn't revealed last night they dropped way too many hints to think he won't be coming back after leaving AEW. This match would make sense because they can tell a story where Rhodes says everything that Rollins has gotten in the WWE should have been his and he is back to take it. I wouldn't expect anything less than a great match, probably the best match on the card with Rhodes getting the instantly make him a top star in the company.

Champion vs Champion Match:
    Brock Lesnar (c)
    vs
    Roman Reigns (c)

This one is obvious as it is already set. Typical wrestling logic would suggest Lesnar wins this match as he has come up short and cheated against Reigns the past few times but I don't see Lesnar being the one to end Roman's long title reign. I will say Reigns wins the match and that is where the fun begins because I don't think the titles remain unified or one man holds both for a extended amount of time with each main show being on two different networks.

There you have it. I'm sure much of this (outside of what is already set) won't happen but it's always fun to fantasy book the show. Let's hear it. What are some of your predictions or thoughts on mine.

17. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

AEW in the Fertitta center May 18. Will feature some of the Owen Cup tourney matches

18. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I still think the Rhodes thing is a work. How do you walk away from everything you dreamed of doing in the wrestling business. Even if Tony K didn’t pay him all of the millions he wants it’s still more than Vince will offer and I’d imagine being EVP gives him a small percent of profit sharing

CK Johnson likes this.
  19. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Tony Khan has purchased and become the new owner of ROH. Pretty big news.

Mr.Pringles likes this.
  20. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Their first show back is WM weekend in Ft Worth. Jonathan Gresham vs Bandido, Briscoes vs ?, Deonna Purazzo vs ?

Hopefully they get a TNT/TBS show w/ fans, better production and set.