1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3 straight good games from Jalen Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wizkid83, Feb 10, 2022.

1. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I wanted him to come off the bench a month ago (still do to be honest) but gotta give it up that he's looking better lately.

He's tracking the Darius Garland/Ant Edwards development route and hope it continues. Just got to trust the coaches know more than I do and need to be patient with them.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

3. Millennium_Fan

Looks like its slowing down for him just a tad . He use to sprint to his spots then reserve energy now it seem like he has one speed for most of the game and uses his speed only when necessary.

hope he keeps it up

4. Nook

Nook Member

I’ll be honest… if he ends up being Darius Garland, I will be disappointed.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He has a lot of potential. I wonder if people thought Siakim was a bust when he averaged 4ppg his rookie year

6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

27 more games. Yes it looks like he has gotten a second wind lately or
    the Rockets trainers are backing off the weight training some.

About this time of year when all rookies are asking the vets,
    "when is the All Star Break, again?"

don grahamleone, xaos and 18pbr like this.
  7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Similar thread(s) popped up one month ago. Game slowing down for him, etc.
    I hope so. I want to believe.

fattz, clos4life, roslolian and 4 others like this.
  8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

don't jinx it

9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

If he was drafted 2nd overall they may have?

fattz, juanm34, javal_lon and 3 others like this.
  10. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Many straight good games from KPJ.

jcmoon and sydmill like this.
  11. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

He needs to improve his 3pt shooting and get stronger, that will help him on the one on one game

What i saw today is that he needs to also be used differently. He needs to cut to basket or come off curls to drive or pull up for short jumpers, lastly he needs to have atleast 6 ponts on breakouts

18pbr likes this.
  12. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

And there were people all over the place here just a month ago asking to cut him, saying he couldn’t shoot straight, saying he was selfish and couldn’t pass or dribble, etc.

sometimes players need time to develop. If it’s true for third year players, it might also be true for a rookie.

Dobbizzle, red5rocket, 18pbr and 4 others like this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Green and KPJ will have good games and they will have bad games. The only time it stsrts becoming relevant though is when they become consistent enough to alter their season averages IMO.

14. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Don't really see what makes these games, especially the NO one, good. My biggest issue with Jalen is that he's just a scorer. Everyone else in the top 6, Cade, Mobley, Scottie, Giddey and even Suggs fill up the stat sheet even when the shot is off. Jalen gets points and that's it.

15. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

while this thread is fine for the most part, i really don't wanna see anymore "jalen green went back to the basics and now is unstoppable" or "the jalen green experience is coming" threads.

i like the kid and he seems to work really hard but it's still too early to say he's going to be a star - just like it's way too early to call him a bust.

Dobbizzle and zeeshan2 like this.
  16. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I still believe Jalen might win the ROY trophy this year, he is averaging 14 ppg and Cade, Barnes, Mobley and Wagner is only averaging 14 or 15 ppg so it’s very close. However, if Green can score 30 points or more in 5 games, win the dunk contest and move his average to 17 to 18 ppg….I believe he will win…..he is getting better every day.

17. sydmill

sydmill Member

I was very pro Mobley once the rockets missed out on the first pick. But that was just because I thought Mobley would be about what he has shown himself to be. I also thought Jalen was worthy of the pick as well due to his scoring ability. If you expected Jalen to be Kobe or Jordan then you were always going to be disappointed. If you expected that from him this year then you're just crazy. The kid is going to be good and it will be sooner than later.

xaos, CDrex, 18pbr and 1 other person like this.
  18. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

This is so basic and true, and it makes me sad.

fattz, clos4life, CXbby and 1 other person like this.
  19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

You're just looking at it from an unusual perspective.

He's always going to be a scorer mainly, none of those guys is a pure SG. Those guys are either forwards or primary playmakers, of course they will get more rebounds and assists lol. If Jalen in his second season puts up 20 points on 16 shots with 5 rebounds, 4 assists and good defense, those are Kobe Bryant's numbers at that age (and that was his 3rd season btw).

Essentially, your test is not telling whether Jalen is going to be good, it's just telling you he's a different type of player behind in development.

20. Puppet Master

Puppet Master Member

Lol what

Garland is in his 4th year??

Got Cavs fighting for a top 2 seed in the East

Yea, your expectations are trash