1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs trade Kristaps Porzingis for Spencer Dinwiddie & Davis Bertans

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Feb 10, 2022.

1. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Also, I think Kyrie forced the Celtics trade the same time Gordon Hayward was signing there. I remember Hayward been a part of the draw (Taytum and Brown were not seen as stars at that time). Once again I don't see enough instances of outlier data.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

Think it's probably exaggerated a bit to say nobody will play with Holmgrem or Luka, or even Bird, but do I think there is some truth to it, no doubt. However, talent recognizes talent. Somebody in the upper tier will play with them that really wants a title shot but can't cut deals with a guys like Durant or Curry. There's no evidence to suggest it will happen, or could happen, but the NBA was a different animal during the Nash and Dirk years. Keep in mind both players were also lowly rated as destinations because they were international too. Yao was a joke when he got drafted too. but times have changed a bit on that.

#22 PhiSlammaJamma, Feb 11, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
    hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In the Dirk days, I'd say the myopic whiny douchebag meddling owner was more of an issue than playing with Dirk. Dirk had to go to Cuban to tell him to tone his act down because it was a distraction.

4. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Lmao the comments

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The new shaq and kobe

7. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Frankly I'm surprised they got so little. This trade basically meant Porzingus was a slightly negative asset.

Porzingus was having a good year too but once again is injured.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. RoxFanfrom93

RoxFanfrom93 Member

Got to see everything from your myopic black and white lens. Your post doesn't even deserve a response but since you seem to have a cult following I decided to respond.

Lebron doesn't want to win with a prime white star he made Cleveland trade Wiggins for Kevin Love?

You think Beal didn't have a say in Porzingis coming to Washington's

I guess TMac didn't want to play with Yao either

Superstars joining up or teaming up is about friendship which is cultivated over the AAU days. If you played in Europe and come to the NBA it's not as easy unless you go out to make friends with other stars. Luka getting stars to come to Dallas is as difficult as Giannis getting stars to come to Minneapolis. Put down the color lens smh

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Beware Beard and Troel.

Here come Beal and Porkchops.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I have to admit this is an intriguing concept but there are so few white franchise type guys and so few FA who actually move the needle and teams that have actual cap space, its hard to come to the conclusion that it's as simple as not wanting to play second fiddle with a white superstar.

They have not gotten any high level white FA's either so what does that tell you?

The real issue would be that they know Luka is a chucker and will never win anything and has entirely too much power in that organization.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That's a good thing. He was a very negative asset just a year ago, so the Mavs did a decent job of rehabbing his image a bit.

12. wekko368

wekko368 Member

It's ironic that you feel this way about Luka yet you're such an ardent Harden defender.

hakeem94 and J.R. like this.
  13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

KP is like an Emoni Bates. A set shooter and negative else

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

A nightmare which defense? I assume he means his own?

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

James Harden lives rent free in your head for some reason.

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yeah, because I post so much about him...

You're an idiot.

17. Nook

Nook Member

It's BS.

It is 2022.

It isn't about a black basketball player not wanting to play second fiddle to a white player.

It comes down to relationships and social circles and how well players know each other.... is it possible that some black players are more comfortable being around other black players? Sure... but the idea that they won't be second fiddle to a great white player is dated. Hell, most black players have or have had a white coach.

Dallas will recruit okay in 2022 if they REALLY win in a big way.

The bigger issue is that if I am another all star level player, I don't know what to make of Doncic. While Luka is an incredible talent and has been very good, he really hasn't gotten better and he comes to camp regularly out of shape. If I am going to give up part of my game, do I want to do that with a guy that doesn't sacrifice? Maybe not.

hakeem94 and jiggyfly like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Says the man that just posted about James Harden in a thread about the Mavs and Wizards trade.

apollo33 and jiggyfly like this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I agree, players at the level are going to go for the money and team strength more than anything else.

I think it's more about giving up part of my game for a player to pad personal stats, and not conducive to winning when it matters.

And also knowing not being in peak condition factors into that.

But personal relationships and circle of friends is a black and white issue, so that's what I was talking about intriguing.

20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Actually, I posted about a poster. No worries. I'm aware that reading comprehension isn't one of your strengths.