1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#FIRESTONE

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Feb 10, 2022.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think he just bit off far more than he could chew. He is just an average GM who thinks the world of himself.

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

He was perfectly stable before Doc decided to throw him under the double decker after their loss to Atlanta. Was his play worthy of the #1 pick? Probably not. And were the expectations placed on him too much for him to handle? Yes. And obviously Ben handled this whole situation about as badly as possible, but I do think going to a team where he's not expected to score is going to be a positive for him. He can defend, rim run, and facilitate since scoring is accounted for. It gives the Nets an incredibly versatile player who can basically play the Draymond role.

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Donkey was never scared to shoot or dunk on tiny PGs.

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can someone (honestly and without glib) explain why we didn't keep Levert or Allen?

PeterKingX likes this.
  6. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Levert - Gambled that Oladipo would revert to prior form and either would stay here to more reload than full tear down or fetch more in a second trade. He got hurt and it didn’t pay off but the draft comp Indy got really isn’t all that much better value wise than the swap right we got from Miami at the time.

Allen - Didn’t want to pay him, wanted Wood at the 5, and also needed someone to take Prince’s salary. No other team stepped in with a better offer so the Cavs got him. If you think Stone effed this up so did many other GMs for not topping the Cavs.

7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Did people already forget this is the same GM who wanted to give Oladipo 20M/year extension?

Stone isn't as great as people think. He's good at finding undrafted scrap heap talent but that's pretty much it. He hasn't proven he's been good at trades at all.

8. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

supposedly Silas didn’t think a Wood Allen front court would work.

9. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Trust the process.

10. thekad

thekad Member

Fertitta and Stone just ooze fraudulence.

More evidence that Daryl Morey was the real thing. Now he, Harden, and Tad live happily ever after in Philly with an ownership group that puts winning first.

FrontRunner, ashleyem and YOLO like this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly the Allen part of it hurts me most. . . .
    I like that young man as a anchor down low

Rocket River

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I seriously can't think of one move you can say confidently will be great for us aside from some decent scrap heap pickups we have yet to turn into anything of value.

There are a lot of seemingly major f**kups on his resume already.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I was trying to figure this out
    I did not HATE Olidipo .. . but I did not WANT him because of his injury history

Rocket River

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thought this thread was about tires. am disappoint

15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

We still keep Wood and Gordon? Lol

16. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Stone should be fired.
    We keep too many players we don’t want.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  18. Rockets4Life13

I would argue that right now, the most important job of Stone is to find cheap talent and I would argue that he has done an amazing job at that.

I think of his biggest finds is yet to play significant minutes for the Rockets in Daishen Nix. That guy is putting up Harden-like numbers in the G-league.

And while the G-league is clearly much worse than the NBA, obviously, a lot of his strengths i think will translate well.

He got us Sengun, Christopher and guys like KJ Martin for a very good price. I think that's much more important than getting a late first rounder for Gordon now rather than in the offseason.

majicdonjuan likes this.
  19. majicdonjuan

majicdonjuan Member

Not too worried. Can still trade Wood and Gordon in the offseason. I don't mind EG sticking around to help the young guys.

As far as Wood, I'm not exactly thrilled about him being here but he's been playing better lately and can further up his value for an offseason trade through strong play during the rest of the season.

20. Alleyoopsy

Alleyoopsy Member

Simmons mentally checks out in high pressure situations, he's not gonna stick around in Brooklyn long term