1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Deadline Thread 2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bo6, Feb 6, 2022.

1. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

At least we did better than Dallas

BallaDoc likes this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Should have kept the vanilla cream dream, moved Wood on draft night.

The things Kelly would have tough Sengun

@i3artow i3aller please respond to me with the mellow out man video link because I'm hot right now

D-rock and BallaDoc like this.
  3. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

It’s simply too early to say. He’s has made some questionable moves and some really good ones (KPJ, Sengun, Christopher, etc.). People are overreacting.

Monty B. likes this.
  4. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Stupid Is Stupid Does..

D-rock likes this.
  5. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

We aren't getting either. We'll be lucky if we end up picking 8th at this rate.

All this losing, just to botch the deadline and end up with Jalen Duren or some ****.

6. Nook

Nook Member

I wouldn't blame the Green pick on the Rockets scouting department. That is who the GM and owner wanted to draft at #2. For good or bad that is rightfully attached to the GM. Green may improve greatly and Stone deserves the credit, or he may be OJ Mayo and in that case the blame should go to Stone as well.

Stone deserves more time, but thus far he has been quite uninspiring and has made a number of mistakes.

Scouting is very important, but only if the front office listens to them.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Ben Simmons is a all star, that's more than what we got for Harden.

CapelaOnlyFan and D-rock like this.
  8. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

It’s no big deal. We weren’t getting anything worth while in return for Gordon. He will be gone in the off-season or bought out after the season. I guess it was the same for Wood. I would have pulled the trigger on Gordon even if it was a sh*tty pick, but just so we wouldn’t have to mess with him next year. We’ll probably sit him with foot problems the rest of the year. I honestly don’t know what they will do with Wood. I think they will continue to experiment with him guarding the perimeter. It’s not like he is winning us games and screwing up the tank. He is a good offensive player, although a bit sticky. If they can find a way to neutralize his bad defense with Chet or a mid-round big that surprises, then who knows.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

It's the opposite actually.

You cant assume draft picks will work out.

FA is about acquiring proven NBA commodities that your coaches are reasonably certain will fit system.

The problem is that both Stone and Silas are neophytes who are poor at their job.

KingSamJack, BMoney and steddinotayto like this.
  10. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I suppose Stone didn’t want a late first rounder in this upcoming draft because he already has many young players to develop. Christopher and Sengun already don’t get enough mins, Garuba will need time, etc. But seems like a late FRP is currency that could be dealt?

I suppose ultimately, Stone thought whatever he might get for Gordon this summer outshines what he was offered this deadline. Fine, but annoying.

rockets 100 percent must finish bottom four and hit on whatever pick they end up with.

BallaDoc and D-rock like this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

How much more does he get to fail before he no longer "deserves" time?

He's been a failure 2 trade deadlines in a row now, he was a failure in his off-season moves, he was a failure with the top pick in the draft.

How much more does he get to screw up before we get to hold it against him?

BallaDoc and D-rock like this.
  12. MystikArkitect

Drafting Green and Sengun, watching them try and develop when a player like Wood is taking up space, possessions, cap space, etc and still not finding a way to off load him is just unreal. This is the only day I was looking forward to since around November and December when it seemed like this team was just rudderless.

On top of that, you couldn't even find a landing spot for Eric Gordon? I thought KPJ quitting at half time and storming out of the building was an aberration when it seems like it's more a result of the rotten core of this organization. Disappointing isn't even the correct word to describe today. I'll probably spend more time watching Chet/Jabari/Paolo games instead of watching the Rockets as it seems more pertinent to the future of this franchise.

Unreal. Just unreal.

BMoney likes this.
  13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Sure hope Simmons takes a while to make a difference so our pick stays in a decent range. He will surely be a bit rusty if not down right bad for a while.

D-rock and B-Bob like this.
  14. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Every other post in this thread is you apologizing for Stone. Patrick, is that you?

D-rock likes this.
  15. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

A bunch of teams wanted Wood and openly talked about it. I think we just want to keep him.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

I guess that depends on what you think is overreacting.

Stone deserves more time to prove himself, but the fans have every right to be upset that Stone thus far has proven to be mediocre at making deals.

Maybe Green has a great year next year, and we draft well in 2022 and everyone forgets..... but right now, Stone does look so hot.

D-rock, BallaDoc and CXbby like this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If true, that's even worse.

BallaDoc and steddinotayto like this.
  18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Two-time All Star Victor Oladipo disagrees. lol

D-rock, TheRealist137 and Nook like this.
  19. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Nope. I’m just not reactionary.

20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

If you whiff on the #2 pick in an incredible draft, or don't have the right coach to develop him, that is an absolute killer.

D-rock and BallaDoc like this.