1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Deadline Thread 2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bo6, Feb 6, 2022.

1. CXbby

CXbby Member

Pj Washington + Knicks 1st + Atlanta 1st

Done deal

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

More interested in the FRP and young pieces that would come with PJ Washington.

Kai Jones, JT Thor, Bouknight.

Need 2 of those 3.

jch1911 likes this.
  4. H. Christopher

Will Fat Maury give up Maxey for Harden or no?

cheke64 likes this.
  5. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Make things up about me if it makes you feel better. But you're lying to yourself if you are saying a 40% shooter who can defend multiple positions, albiet inconsistently, does 'nothing for the team'. Just an unserious argument.

Nook likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup it does nothing. Especially when it isn't meaningful. When PJ plays and they start winning more than losing then you can start your case. Folks who want to prop up guys that put up empty stats don't mean much at all. It's just another added to the list of wrong assumptions that so and so is actually a good player

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Dacamel likes this.
  9. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Being a good shooter is being a good shooter. What a bizarre post.

NewAge likes this.
  10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It's definitely not "too high" though as that tweet said.
    the players may never be more than the meh they are... the 1st is the most interesting part and who knows where that ends up, clearly Charlotte would lotto protect it.

If you end up trading CWood for a mid/late teens pick its a pretty meh trade... mainly useful cause it moves CWood...

11. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

Ok, which part did you like? Are you a big fan of the Djs? Or do you see significant value in trading an unprotected 2022 MIL pick for an unprotected 2023 MIL pick? Obviously if Giannis is out the whole season next year or something, it will be valuable, but the reverse could have been true for the pick we gave up this year. That’s all pretty marginal stuff to me.

If we trade EGO + an unprotected 1st for salary filler + a very similar unprotected 1st, is that the kinda trade you want to see?

12. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

If Porzingis can be had for cheap I wouldn't think twice about trading Wood for him. Lots of issues with Porzingis but if you could resurrect his career, man..

mikenm268 likes this.
  13. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Didn't like my joke huh? As a life long Houston sports fan you get use to the disappointment and I have zero confidence in anything positive happening as long as there is a Fertitta involved.

They've take a perennial contender and turned them into the Joes Crab Shack of the NBA.

A couple good pieces on the menu but overall the product sucks.

Downtown Sniper, D-rock and Dacamel like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

As in leaving?

Because it sure isn't in trading for superstars.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope. there's a huge difference between being a good shooter on a relevant team and a shooter on a bad team. Someone who actually has played the game and understands it would know the difference

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  16. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Ah I didn't realise I was talking to an NBA player.

17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

You're barking up the wrong tree.

[​IMG]

foggy94 likes this.
  18. JW86

JW86 Member

The type of guy you gamble on being solid down the line.

xaos and treyk3 like this.
  19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

As much as I want to trade Wood, I don’t make a Wood for PJ trade without significant draft capital. Unless the Hornets are willing to part with a decent 1st rounder I definitely take my chips and go home. I won’t blame Stone for not moving Wood at the deadline of the best he can do is PJ Washington and 2nd rounders.

EG on the other hand….pretty inexcusable not to move him.

Richie_Rich, DrNuegebauer and D-rock like this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

don't need to be an NBA player but i certainly have more experience playing at the organized level and surrounded by folks who know the game more then someone like you.

Here's something to let yourself think about because you obviously don't get it. why is EG shooting +40% on the worst team in the league. yet when the rockets were winning 65+ games and being perennial contenders, he shot below that and at often times struggled. but but but a good shooter is being a good shooter