1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Deadline Thread 2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bo6, Feb 6, 2022.

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

…….
    …….
    …….

jcmoon likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

and yet he's so good that they continue to lose more than they win when he plays. CF's and their love for mediocre players and want to act like they're diamonds. just another day.

3. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

As I look back at past trade deadlines it’s pretty clear, even during the Morey era, that most of the time its a big disappointment. If you keep that in your mind, this one will be easier to stomach ;)

BigMaloe, VooDooPope, burlesk and 2 others like this.
  5. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Gotta throw in Ish to make the money work. Gonna have to find some separate trades if we’re taking in three guys for one.

6. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

For me, Wood getting traded today was always like 10%. I personally hope we don’t lock into him long term for big money because I don’t think he is the guy, but rightly or wrongly, it appears the FO thinks he is part of the future unless there a massive haul available.

I thought Gordon was very likely to be traded, and am pretty surprised 1.25 seasons of his services as a well rounded depth upgrade for a contender cant fetch a lotto protected 1st in like 2025-2026.

That said, I’m pretty underwhelmed about trading Gordon for a 2nd rounder and I fully understand why the Rox wouldn’t do that if that is how the market is valuing him. That would have PJ/Dipo trade vibes for me (ie, comically underwhelming). I’d rather have the Rox try again in the offseason to see if we can get a first then.

saleem likes this.
  7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Nwaba, Brooks, Wood for Kai, PJ, Plumlee works salary wise and roster space wise. I wouldn't want Plumlee to step foot in this building. No Plumlees allowed.

saleem likes this.
  8. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

If we knew Haliburton was available how would you all have felt about trading one of Green/KPJ and Wood for him?

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

The great difference between now and then, is that we NEEDED to make a trade then to contend with the likes of GSW, Cleveland (prior to Lebron leaving), DEN, and the likes.

This year, we're just taking fliers and hoping something worthwhile comes by while still not having to push to FORCE anything into existence. For once I'll be ok if we don't make a move prior to deadline time.

burlesk and raining threes like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Coaching matters.

11. Houston77

Supporting Member

I didn’t think the PJ Tucker trade was underwhelming.

12. CXbby

CXbby Member

Yeah pj Washington is about as meh as it gets. Wood gets hate because if he’s the best player on your team then your team is going to be as bad as the Rockets, but as the third option that team will be a contender. Pj Washington is never going to be the best player on any team.

NewAge, D-rock and Plowman like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

If he was, he would be making moves

D-rock likes this.
  14. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Dipo is on year THREE of rehabbing his injury.

He was never 100% last season and Rockets either did not do their due diligence or their player evaluations (including medical) are incompetent.

BamBam, Bo6 and Aruba77 like this.
  16. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Not every trade needs to be for a diamond. You're going to be disappointed if that's your expectation. PJ is a better role player who fits our team now, every single possible player we may draft, and is younger.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Houston77

Supporting Member

Obviously PJ Washington isn’t as good as Wood. But he would fit well next to Sengun, and if they added in a prospect like Kai Jones along with draft capital? I could be sold, and that’s coming from on of the few Wood defenders on this forum.

raining threes and D-rock like this.
  18. CXbby

CXbby Member

In a heartbeat

Ekiu, Amel, BigggReddd and 1 other person like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

well that's pretty obvious. But I also don't want players who aren't any good and do nothing for the team. the diamond reference is for folks like you who want to act like certain players are, which never fails on cf's

20. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Yup, i think this is all posturing. They're trying to get us to drive down our price, same way our statements of us seeing Wood as part of our future signals to other teams that they need to bring stronger offers in order to acquire him. If I'm guessing, I think we'll see something go through here.

I think on the EG front, it will go down last minute, and most likely include John Wall as part of a multi-team deal that brings back Russ, some other salary matching pieces and picks.

D-rock and CircaSurvive like this.