1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2021-22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Gordon
    DJA
    Nwada
    Theis

For

Westbrook
    2 player with minimum salaries
    2027 LAL FRP

why for the Lakers: they are contenders again and save a lot of money
    Why for us: we get a good first and in 2023 we have 80 milliions in expiring contracts.

randerson likes this.
  2. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Simple trade: Eric Gordon to BOS for Richardson + Nesmith + 2024 FRP (top 10 protected)

More complex trade: BOS - HOU - SAC
    BOS: Gordon (HOU) + Theis (HOU) into TPE + Nwaba (HOU) into TPE
    SAC: Richardson (BOS) + Nesmith (BOS)
    HOU: Bagley (SAC) + Jones (SAC) + 2024 BOS FRP (lottery protected) + 2022 BOS SRP

2nd trade: HOU - LAL
    LAL: Wall (HOU) + 2022 BOS SRP
    HOU: Westbrook + 2027 LAL FRP (top 10 protected) or becomes 2028 FRP lottery protected or becomes 2029 unprotected

3rd trade: HOU - ATL
    ATL: Augustin (HOU)
    HOU: Delon Wright (ATL)

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Gordon+Tate+Bucks pick with top 15 protection for Deandre Hunter+Gallo+Jalen Johnson

4. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Figured I'd give this a try.

BOS
    - Al Horford (expiring), 2022 & 2023 First Rounders (unprotected), 2-3 Future Second Rounders

HOU
    - Wood, Theis, Augustin

I believe the salaries are close to matching, could be wrong. We add the expiring of Horford for added flexibility in the offseason and load up on picks. Thoughts?

5. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

We would probably have to send something of value to get 2 firsts…..

6. NewAge

NewAge Member

How about this.

1. Walgreens Special Offer to the Nets: Wall/green + 2022 BKN for James Harden

2: 2022 HOU lotto pick + Theis + Augustine to DET for Jeremy Grant

Could be now, could be draft night.

2022/23 Rockets:
    Harden
    Gordon
    Mathews
    Grant
    Wood
    ————-
    KPJ
    Sengun
    Jaygup
    Tate
    KJ

CHAMPIONSHIP!

7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

No way we take on Westbrook’s contract without unloading Wall. I’m also wondering if we could ever sign another free agent if we let two max players sit out another year. I think the players association would blackball us.

8. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Trade Targets:

Miles Bridges S&T - Max Deal
    Jamal Murray - 3 years remaining about 31 million a year
    Malcolm Brogdon - 3 years remaining about 21 million a year
    Paul George - 3 years remaining about 40 million a year
    Anthony Davis - 3 years remaining about 40 million a year
    KAT - 2 years remaining about 30 million a year
    Julius Randle - 4 years remaining about 25 million a year
    Pascal Siakam - 2 years remaining about 35 million a year

We have the salaries and picks to get one of these guys and then MAYBE max someone after the 22-23 season. Who do you want to pair with the young team we currently have and a potential #5 pick?

9. fattz

fattz Member

This was one of the bigger let downs of a trade deadline. I spend more time than I should thinking about random trades that would make the team better. Theis’s signing was such an out of nowhere move to begin with. The ripple effect took a promising player in Brooks who was tied into a nothing deal that was so team friendly. It was some of Stone’s better work. At the moment there is a lot more questions than answers.

till draft time, only the best to you and yours.

10. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

If Donovan Mitchell demands a trade, would you trade KPJ + Wood + Tate + a 1st? I think I would If I am arockets GM. I am not sure if Jazz would take that.

jcmoon likes this.
  11. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

They would laugh at it

12. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

2022 Draft Day or Offseason Trade

HOU
    Michael Porter Jr.

DEN
    Christian Wood
    Eric Gordon
    *1st round pick (2023 Bucks)

This only happens if Nuggets regret the extension they gave MPJ because of injury history. Nuggets get a starting PF in Christian Wood moving Aaron Gordon to SF and get Eric Gordon off the bench in a 6th Man role which he excels at in a championship level team.

*Only offer one 1RP if Nuggets don't bite on Wood/Gordon package because of MPJ's injury history.

C: Jokic
    PF: Wood, JaM.Green
    SF: A.Gordon, Je.Green
    SG: Barton, E.Gordon
    PG: Murray, Morris, Hyland

Rockets gamble on young talent with elite height for the SF position. Get him to the best doctors and rehab clinics this summer. Add some yoga classes. Bring him back slow.

C: Sengun, Garuba
    PF: (2022 1RP), KMJ
    SF: MPJ, Tate, Nwaba
    SG: Green, Mathews
    PG: KPJ, Christopher

Amel and Y2JT like this.
  13. sogood.

sogood. Member

There are probably 20+ teams that can easily beat that offer.

14. awc713

awc713 Member

Musings on the trade deadline:

1. I’m glad we didn’t move EG for a 2022 late first. He has more value to an org than people realize, especially with how young we are and will be. This is a long rebuild and I don’t hate holding onto EG like some other posters. I trust Stone here…and more importantly, EG is happy in Houston. I would’ve been okay with any deal if that was EG’s preference, but his value to HOU is better than a late FRP this year when we already have ours and BKNs. I don’t hate holding out for a future first, especially since such a deal may still convey this off-season. He’ll be an expiring contract next year, so who knows, maybe he’s traded then.EG needs to stay healthy but I don’t hate holding onto him unlike some posters/media takes, he’s a very solid player and professional. Probably the last ounce of basketball credibility this organization has, besides Dream’s hospitality.

2. Wood is not as coveted or valued as some of y’all thought. I’m surprised we held onto him, but there really must’ve not been any good offers made. Wood is the opposite of EG in many regards. He’s just not a winning player, and teams were never going to trade substantive assets for him. Wood has skills but needs to change his approach if he wants to stay in HOU long term. I hope we get Jabari Smith and show Wood the door.

15. sydmill

sydmill Member

The moratorium on trades ends when a team's season ends. So, with that in mind, I propose the following oddly times deal:

(Sometime between April 10 & June 29) Christian Wood and Brooklyn's 2022 FRP to Portland for Eric Bledsoe and Portland's own 2022 FRP

Why Houston does it: Bledsoe's salary is only partially guaranteed in 2022/2023 (essentially his $19M becomes $4M if option is exercised by 6/29. This is the reason the trade is timed as it is, so that he is essentially expiring). So basically they turn Wood + pick 17 (though it will get worse once KD returns) into pick 10 and cap savings.

Why Portland does it: Bledsoe is unlikely to be part of their plan moving forward and they get a serviceable veteran big who pairs well with a ball dominant guard in Dame to try and keep Lillard happy in Portland. All at a cost of dropping down 7 spots in a draft where they still have NOP's top 10 pick.

fattz and snowconeman22 like this.
  16. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

in a second. but that would never happen.

17. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

Wood is already on the way out it seems. I think sengun will take his spot and he'll be moved to the bench. Why start him anymore? we are trying to lose this season and there's no point in boosting his stats when all he wants is the max? We know what the market is for him, since no one was giving us anything worth taking. If the lakers turned down wood and wall for westbrook and a first, it just shows we didn't get any better offers for wood. He needs to be a sixth, seventh man who can just focus on scoring, since he don't play no D.

18. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Christian wood +Garuba + Brooklyn pick for Michael Porter Jr

JamalP. likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

DEFENSE MATTERS.

Rockets need a few of these guys.

Thybulle and Vanderbilt would already be Rockets if I had my druthers.

Herb Jones too.

#1919 D-rock, Mar 2, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2022
  20. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Lakers In: Gordon, Wood, Nwaba and Tate

Rockets In: Westbrook, 2027 unprotected FRP, 2029 unprotected FRP

Rockets gain 2 premium draft assets and have almost $100m coming off of the books at the end of the season (Wall & Westbrook). Also opens up time for the young guys and allows the Rockets to re-sign Schroeder for vet leadership.

Lakers greatly increase their chances to win with Lebron and AD in the short term. Also gives them two 25 year old rotation players to help with the age gap.

Schroeder/Nix
    KPJ/Christopher
    Green/Garry
    22 FRP/KJ
    Sengun/Garuba/Fernando

#1920 DM'sVP, Mar 19, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2022
    jcmoon likes this.