1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Deadline Thread 2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bo6, Feb 6, 2022.

1. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

So you guys are mad that last year Stone lowered his asking price at the last minute to flip Dipo and now you are mad he hasn’t lowered his asking price to have traded Gordon by now?

mikenm268 and red5rocket like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Huh? No, we’re mad that he’s gonna have to lower his asking price to get rid of him, not that he hasn’t…

Fulgore, Mr Woods and DCHAMP like this.
  3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Is this source legit?

4. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Maybe I misunderstood, but the way I'm reading it is that the price is going down as a result of him not making a deal sooner. The first was on the table, but now that all the teams (other than phoenix) have filled that SG slot, phoenix knows the rockets have no leverage and the price becomes lower. The correct move here would have been to trade him for a first rather than waiting until the final day where his value drops.

5. thekad

thekad Member

Who’s mad?

We’re laughing at the self-proclaimed dealmaker playing himself in public two years running.

Next year, “HOU has multiple offers for first round picks on the table for Christian Wood.” If Stone can’t flip EG for value, he’s a certified clown and deserves the mockery.

BigMaloe, Reeko, Little Bit and 3 others like this.
  6. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

I’m more confused. So you don’t want him to trade Gordon?

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He says FRP were offered but he wanted more. Now it looks like we might get a protected SRP.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

I thought he had multiple deals containing 1st round picks lined up for Gordon? Same sh*t that was said last year for Dipo

now we’re hearing he’s gonna have to lower his asking price

this isn’t that hard to understand

Mr Woods, ElPigto and DCHAMP like this.
  9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Could the reverse be true? They leaked the rumors of teams offering a first to try and get a first because they were finding it difficult to get one?

harold bingo and blahblehblah like this.
  10. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I'm frustrated because I feel his asking price was met, he just didn't want to take back more salary in order to get it. I think he rejected deals that were giving us players equal to EG in contract size and length but he's been holding out to get an expiring + FRP and that didn't come through. As a result, the market has dried up.

11. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

How would you definitively know these aren't leaked sauces from other teams. They are playing the game within the game and some of these tweets seem to be more opinion than fact. Especially with some of the verbage and fan bases latch onto it.

12. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Maybe I haven’t followed close enough but my understanding is he doesn’t really want a late first this year since we’ve got players like Brooks/Mathews/Garuba/etc he values more and would rather develop with those roster spots than the expected player in 22-28 range this year and has been holding out for a first in a future year.

Leverage is see if you can do better over the summer I guess.

13. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

for the first time ever, my faith in stone has taken a step back..seems like he mistimes/misreads the market...oladipo trade, and now potentially EG

#713 DCHAMP, Feb 9, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
    cheke64 likes this.
  14. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Also, why would you not want to hold out for a lottery pick per the sauces? I don't want no 30th pick from the Suns and some bum for EG LOL. Give me two low seconds at that point.

Fans want the low 1st round pick and I don't want that AT ALL. Give me lottery or reassess his expiring which may or may not have more value after the season.

15. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

And unfortunately we're potentially look at a pattern of bad player personnel decisions. Green instead of Mobley. Multi-year deal to Theis. Resigning Nwaba. Levert for Dipo. Dipo for nothing. Adding Gordon to the underwhelming return column is really going to hurt. This is getting old.

16. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

:rolleyes:

17. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Whiny, whiny biatches.....You'd think there wasn't another 24 hrs...Stone dropped the ball...he isn't going to do anything..we're screwed...

Boo hoo...Learn some damn patience...and grow a pair.

Seriously, read through this thread. smh

jcmoon and ChillyPete32 like this.
  18. i3artow i3aller

This is all setting up perfectly for Clutch to break some news on tonight's pod :D

Hopefully we'll be poppin' bottles :cool:

19. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

It seems like generally complaining just to complain.

You just want to see a trade go through and no rumor about it?

A team “lowering their asking price” is not an irregular occurrence in the NBA.

Last year he tried to play hardball with Riley and Dipo kind of killed the leverage by getting hurt and Riley didn’t blink so he got less than he wanted.

Plowman likes this.
  20. Xopher

Xopher Member

Stone is playing musical chairs. Tomorrow we will find out if he gets left without a chair when the music stops.