1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Deadline Thread 2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bo6, Feb 6, 2022.

1. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Oh heavens, we've been over this numerous times. Pat Fertitta is a man with a college degree, with all the requisite social graces that come with annual participation in the Tanglewood/River Oaks gala circuit, and a man whose housekeepers, butler, and staff at the Mens Grill at River Oaks CC all recommend highly. ABC13 named him as one of Houston's "most eligible bachelors" several years ago. I could go on and on, but the point is made. Saint Patrick is eminently qualified to make player-personnel decisions.

GOOD DAY

NIKEstrad and Nook like this.
  2. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I saw people reporting they saw him in PHX like two hours ago with another NBA player but didn't he just have a interview with the press earlier today?

Mr Woods and D-rock like this.
  3. xaos

xaos Member

Really?

4. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

The consummate professional, doesn’t want to risk injury in case a trade goes through

RocketWalta and D-rock like this.
  5. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

anytime there is a Fertitta involved things are headed downhill.

YOLO and D-rock like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

So articulate and insightful.

7. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Should have just kept lavert and Allen. Would have gotten more in return for them for sure.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Same Stone that offered washed Dipo an extension and traded Allen for stale cookies? Stone can escape criticism no matter what, just blame all the bad decisions on someone else

Mr Woods, treyk3 and D-rock like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Giving Stone too much credit.

Did Patrick make the call on JA/Prince/LeVert for Dipo too?

treyk3 likes this.
  10. MystikArkitect

Feel bad for Stone who has to talk to Joffrey Baratheon on a daily basis.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Said that from jump street but CF went bananas on me.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yes :D, daddy wasn’t touching Prince’s contract and daddy wasn’t gonna pay Allen.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Could have traded both at trade deadline then.

Still would have gotten more than what Dipo got us.

jch1911 likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

Defense. Portland just wants to get better and most of the improvements will have to be on the defensive side of the ball. Grant is someone that defends and also is solid offensively.

BigMaloe, D-rock, Milos and 1 other person like this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup and the funny thing is not spending $20 mil per and instead using that money on sorry players like Theis/Nwaba

And $20 mil per actually isn't bad at all, especially when he is still such a young player whose having a great year. His salary is in the mid range for starting centers in the league, which is pretty good value.

Not keeping JA will always have been a dumb decision. Whether you trade him or sign him.

The Dipo trade was absolute trash

#675 YOLO, Feb 9, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
    thekad, D-rock and Nook like this.
  16. i3artow i3aller

We need more trades to happen [​IMG]

mikol13, D-rock and Reeko like this.
  17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

No guarantees. Face it, if TF wasn't cheap and always thinking about contracts, I'm sure we would have been more likely to roll the dice to keep Levert and Allen. Stone decided to go the full cheap route and guarantee that TF wasn't going to have to pay money

18. JW86

JW86 Member

People are dumb

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

when this is all said and done, I really think Portland will come out looking good on the other end. I don’t think they had much of a choice but to blow it up. They just cleared a bunch more space with the Ingles trade. They have the assets to deal for players like Grant and sign players in free agency. Not sure if Detroit let’s Grant go, but Portland could find a way to add a couple more impact 2-way players around Dame, Nurc and Simons, and they will be good if Dame stays healthy.

Nook likes this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

This jives with what I have heard for weeks. The Rockets could move Gordon for a #1 but wanted a #1 in a future draft and were still shopping him.

If the Rockets fail to move Eric Gordon this deadline that is an indictment against Stone. Last year he overplayed his hand as well.

For a self proclaimed great dealer, so far I’m not impressed. Maybe he will prove me wrong. When he worked under Morey he had the reputation as someone that had a natural ability to identify winner and diamonds in the rough. Let’s see him find us one.