1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Jokic IS more skilled than Hakeem...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Feb 9, 2022.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lmao on what planet ?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, because Hakeem is 60 years old.

DD

3. eman

eman Contributing Member

OP Blasphemes! Ban!

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

This writer/hack goes on to also say Kyrie Irving is arguably the most skilled player in NBA history. That right there should tell you how much he/she knows or not knows about basketball.

xaos likes this.
  5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Medium.com.....? More like belowaverage.com...

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Ya know I was actually thinking if he made this article based on something like Kyrie is more skilled than say John Stockton I could get behind it for sure.

There are a lot of players today who have better skills than players of the past even if those players of the past are remembered as “better players”

But picking Jokic over Hakeem as his highlight example is one that just doesn’t fly. Hakeem was far ahead of his time.

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

That settles it, Jordan fears Joker more than Dream? :confused:

…….
    …….
    ……

8. ExTexanNowEastCoast

I have read a lot of posts on this site, some really, really stupid ones, including:
    • Mitch Trubisky is more athletic than Deshaun Watson
    • Luca Doncic is better than Lebron James
    • Eric Spoelstra is one of the greatest coaches of all time
    This take, by far, is the dumbest.

Lets consider this:

Hakeem went to the NBA finals three times.
    He was MVP, DOPY, Finals MVP all in the same year
    On multiple occasions, Dream was top 5 in the league in Scoring, Rebounds, Blocks, and Steals
    He won the 1993-1994 NBA title on his own without another all-star.
    Hakeem played in an era where he was doubled and tripled teamed regularly. Also he played during the days where big guys were just beaten to death in the paint.
    Also, lets remember that Dream did all of this during a period where there were 9 other guys who were HOF Centers: Kareem, Moses Malone, the Admiral, Ewing, Parrish, Shaq, Zo Mourning, Dikembe and Sikma. Not to mention guys like Brad Daugherty who was a heck of a player whose career was cut short by injuries.

Jokic's is soft in the middle, a subpar defender, and his only competition are players with limited offensive skills. Only Embid, who in my opinion is the real heir to Dream, are offensively skilled. Difference between Jokic and Embid is that Embid plays defense. I would also add Giannis but he plays more 4 than 5.

This author is more proof that you cannot take anything you read on the internet seriously.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Define skilled. Fancier passes?

Like most of these arguments we need a good definition before any debate can be useful.

But yeah, call me when Jokic carries a 6th seed to the finals.

10. conquistador#11

At smoking cigarettes? Probably.

11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

In the words of Philosopher David West -
    " These damn nerds outta control mane"....

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

only on offense, but it's hard to compare different eras.

13. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not even sure if Jokic is more skilled than the most obvious comparison from the 1980-present era - Arvydas Sabonis.

aaquaa and don grahamleone like this.
  14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Slow down on all this Walmart stuff... you made your point... now let Walmart be.

kjayp and jiggyfly like this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Skills are usually considered shooting paasing and dribbling, shot blocking could also be considered a skill because of timing and footwork is a skill.

I love Hakeem like nobody else but Jokic is more skilled, but that does not mean he is a better player or more impactful and people should not be getting up in arms about it.

Harden is more skilled than Jordan and definitely LeBron is more skilled, but that does not mean they are better than Jordan.

aaquaa likes this.
  16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I disagree that Lebron is more skilled than Jordan, perhaps equal. Harden is skilled but his success is primarily gamesmanship and shot selection. I'd say CP3 is probably more skilled than Harden. It's possible that you are confusing Jordan and Hakeem with Shaq or Wilt. Hakeem is one of the most skilled big men of all time, you don't 'bamboozle' people by just being big. What MVP bigs has Jokic bamboozled? I can see why people might be up in arms.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  17. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I am going to be sick listening to such utter blasphemy

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Dream would look Jokic and laugh. Then proceed to kick his ass. This is a click bait article all the way!

19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Jokic ain’t going against no body…

The only guy that probably makes him even work is embid who he sees twice a year?

Teams don’t really even use big power forwards anymore.

Jokic is a beast but he’s not Hakeem.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What do you consider skills?

The NBA skills challenge is dribbling and shooting and passing, and LeBron is a better dribbler and passer than Jordan IMO.

Gamesmanship and shot selection is not really a skill, and I disagree that CP3 is more skilled than Harden.

I am not confusing anything it's what I actually think and yes Hakeem is one of the most skilled big men of all time and so is Jokic and Jokic is a better passer and shooter and a tic below on footwork than Hakeem.

Anyway, you are free to your opinion, but I have watched both since college so I will keep my opinion.

Wilt was a very skilled big man, Shaq was not very skilled, I have no idea why you think they are similar.

Wilt offensively was a lot like Hakeem.

aaquaa likes this.