1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Whether it is the media or the layman, the eye test would be the strongest tool in the end.

#3601 daywalker02, Feb 9, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Happy Birthday!

3. i3artow i3aller

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Hear me out, but I think Jalens shooting woes could be in part due to his hammer dunking. The way he slams the ball one handed easily bruises his shooting hand causing inconsistency with his release. I saw him rub his hand after a dunk a few games ago. Most elite shooters dont have a dunk bag...steph, Dirk, trae, reddick to name a few. Francis dunked hard like JG does and his shot was not elite most nights. This may be one of KJ Martin's problems as well.

HBD JG

5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

like i posted a few weeks back about his redbounding improving, his playmaking is starting to improve as well. He has had atleast 4 assists in 4 of the past 6 games and 6 of the last 11. Getting a much better feel at setting up team mates for shots

BigMaloe, Dobbizzle, xaos and 2 others like this.
  6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

What shooting woes? last 4 games he has been over 40 percent in 3 of 4 of them. The last 2 games he missed a few threes, the two games before that he was 5-11 from three. 43-31-87 so far this month. He will get better

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Happy Birthday JG.

DD

BigMaloe and xaos like this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest they were talking about his 29% 3 point shooting, his 37% FG%, his sub 30% mid range shot.

When they say "shooting woes", they are likely talking about how his numbers are an embarrassment outside of 3 feet from the rim.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  9. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

He's only 20, goddamnit :mad:

But yeah, I think the future is bright for Jalen Green, and he's definitely been playing better overall basketball lately. Now if only he could fix his shot...

I don't compare him to Mobley, Cade, or anybody else...it's futile anyway. All I need to see from him is progress, and I hope he will progress well

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

The Jalen Green experience is coming......very slowly. And maybe not at all. I am just not seeing it, but I sincerely hope that he does make it.

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't agree with that but ok.

12. conquistador#11

2 lobs that weren't passed by Wood and Tate. Plus the last lob where Latino Sean Paul grabbed him in mid flight- that's 6 points. Maybe he bricks one but there were no defenders in front. Then the 3 that was taken away. Even with terrible shooting from 3s it would have been a 18-20 pt night.
    '
    The guy I wanted the Rockets to draft, thinking Sengun would be gone, is shooting about the same from 3s. And the Gonzaga sniper was supposed to be automatic blindfolded. Just have to keep working on the three ball if he's going to shoot so many.
    What I'd like to know is why do they just stand around at the 3 point line. Is that on the coach or the player? Reminds me of the milk hair days.

13. Salvy

Salvy Member

Damn, I'm going to need to remember my excuse is no longer he is 19... "He is only 20" "He is only 20" He is only 20" aight got it lets do this...

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A secondary star scorer in this league would be in a bind. He is not a superstar, he does not get to change narratives within the media.

He can only wish to join an Alpha on a contender.

If he is on a bad team, he can pretty much just stats hunt for nothing.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. Bo6

Bo6 Member

his shooting mechanics are just all over the place.

i'm getting really concerned that unless he makes whole changes to the form (bringing it up from the chest and relocating is a big issue right now) that he will never shoot at a decent clip.

charlieaustin and apollo33 like this.
  17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I really don't know what you mean here. Most mentions of Jalen are positive and allude to him becoming at least a very good player up to a star. I'm sure that's not a bad thing.

18. xaos

xaos Member

Changing shooting form is really an off-season task.

Bo6 and conquistador#11 like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is pretty simple, because you invest your time following his every move, you actually lose focus on what is important to the team.

And that is getting back to winning a championship.

We have been there before with Harden, with Yao and Mac.......a scorer ain't doing squat in this league unless you have another 2 stars alongside him.

Solution would be to get rid half of that glut of SGs on the team.

#3619 daywalker02, Feb 9, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
  20. Tmac1Yao11

Tmac1Yao11 Member

35 is ignoring everybody and that is nothing new ! First it was the spacing, then KPJ, then Silas now its Wood.
    Man these Jalen Green lovers are just as annoying as the haters.

Not every rookie is Lebron or Luka with huge impact from the get-go, so lets see how he develops. Just give him some time

jiggyfly likes this.