1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Deadline Thread 2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bo6, Feb 6, 2022.

1. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Do you know whether Houston telling teams they have two offers of a first for EG is legit?

D-rock likes this.
  2. CXbby

CXbby Member

Any word on Wood? Thanks in advance

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Feels like they were in a rush. Maybe they are targeting Sabonis with Bledsoe/TPE and Simons. Still feel like they're just as likely to pull a full rebuild, so close now.

4. mightybosstone

I do, too. But, to me, a lower lottery pick, some 2nds and cap space alone isn't worth a perennial 20-point scorer in his prime. Even if that pick ends up being in the top 10, it still feels like Portland got hosed on that deal.

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

@Dr of Dunk we been saved.

Bless you @ch44.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Thank you for keeping Rockets fans hopes alive! Was getting worried! Please post more often!

7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I really see no point in trading Theis if the return is a second round pick. It’s not like we need the cap room and his contract can be used as throw-in for a big trade. If we move Wood without a big coming back Theis becomes the backup center until the draft. You can trade him anytime the next couple of years.

mikenm268, Aruba77 and cmoak1982 like this.
  8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

and he’s actually our best front court defender. He’s actually a very good role playing big; he’s just stuck behind Wood and Sengun. Perfectly fine hanging into guys like Theis and Nwaba.

sydmill and mikenm268 like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Stone is a pontoon.

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Don't forget that Tilman/Stone are trying to develop Houston as a friendly place to players. I'm sure Theis is frustrated that he isn't playing anymore and I'm sure his agent is talking to the team to try to get him somewhere he will play. Houston will give the players what they want I guess.

D-rock and jacoby like this.
  11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Depends on a lot of things.

If Harden isn't traded, Portland is now the top free agent destination.
    If they win the lottery, they basically still have a pick to trade that any cellar dweller will trade any short term value to acquire.

Not to say these things happen, but they have much better chances to get lucky now than they did before the trade, IMO. If nothing breaks in their favor, sure they will win less, but I don't see Lilliard and CJ by themselves taking down the West.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Other GMs getting shyte done.

13. Xopher

Xopher Member

Would you rent a Bentley or something to take them? Need to see how serious you are...LOL

D-rock likes this.
  14. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I think it is a decent return for CJ who is a one-dimensional player. Maybe they could get more, just don’t know.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

LMAO

Nook likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

@ch44 riding in like the F'ing cavalry!!!

So great to have you back!

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Ponstone? Stonepon? Stopo? C’mon, help me here.

D-rock likes this.
  18. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

While a good trade by the Pels, can’t wait for the absurd comment from CJ about them being the team to beat in the West lol. It’s bound to come.

D-rock and jcmoon like this.
  19. mightybosstone

To be fair, I don't see "Lillard + 2022 free agent" taking down the West either. Realistically, Lillard will be 32 and is approaching the end of his prime, and we know he can't be the best player on a legitimate contender. If Portland wants to seriously contend, they need to get a second player who is as good as or better than Lillard. Beal feels like just an upgraded version of McCollum and Harden takes the ball out of Lillard's hands and doesn't help their defensive concerns at all. The rest of this free agent class is pretty "blegh." On top of that, you probably need to spend some of that cap room to retain Nurkic, who's easily been their second best player the last couple of years.

I just think Portand going all in on Lillard is delaying their inevitable rebuild by another 4-5 years, and by not maximizing value out of their best players, they might be setting their franchise back by a decade. Maximizing cap room shouldn't have been the priority with the McCollum trade; maximizing value and assets should have been.

#219 mightybosstone, Feb 8, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
    NewAge and BallaDoc like this.
  20. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

I really hope that we can get Hart
    Maybe there is a chance