1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Deadline Thread 2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bo6, Feb 6, 2022.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well obviously it's Stone's fault, so.... #FireSilas

Jontro likes this.
  2. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Gordon is at least good though

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Is it gonna b a boring trade deadline 4 us?

Dacamel likes this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I remember the deadline when we traded Battier for Thabeet. Good times

BigMaloe, Bo6, palmsnbananas and 3 others like this.
  5. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

I yh
    It was Battier for Rudy Gay and Stormile Swift.

6. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

No he is right.

We traded Gay in the deal that got us Battier on draft day. We then later traded Battier and Ish Smith for Thabeet, and a 1st which was at the deadline.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Really hope we drop at least one of Wood or Gordon, even if it's for an expiring and a second round pick. We need to free up some shots for the players in development.

I would be happy to live with Wood playing the 4 if Silas was willing to play him more as a stretch 4 and Sengun as our post option. I don't think Silas or Wood are willing to do that though even with 30 games remaining, so I would prefer Stone forces their hand by shipping Wood out for a vet 3&d PF with a short contract. Horford would be great.

Gordon I don't mind keeping, but it looks like he doesn't WANT to stay, so I'd rather he leaves.

harold bingo and daywalker02 like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

I remember Morey acquiring scrubs like Jordan Hamilton and then be like

"We like Jordan, we like the upside in Jordan, we think he can help us not only now but in the future as well. Whether he starts or comes off the bench, that's obviously up to Coach McHale but we like what Jordan brings to the team."

“Jordan is someone we've coveted for a long time. We really like him & think he can help us as we make a push for home court in the playoffs. Obviously it's up to Kevin where & when he plays but we think he can be a great player for us off the bench.”

“We thought we had some other [bigger] deals lined up but obviously that didn't happen. I like our roster. I think we have a good roster that's gonna make a push here for home court. We want home court. That was our goal coming into the season, that's still our goal. I think we can do it. Obviously we're not the favorites in the West - Golden State, San Antonio, maybe the Clippers - but we like our chances in the first round. COY [candidate] Kevin McHale and the no doubt MVP in my mind James Harden, we like our chances. Now we still have to go out & play but we feel good about it.”

:D

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fire yourself, Stone.

Go with a young, ambitious GM.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dork Elvis was always a good salesman.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would think that the team still has not figured out how to deal with the Wood situation yet, I believe he would be dealt in the summer or next season unless a super deal comes along now which I doubt would happen.

Fingers crossed either way.

12. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Hope they get a few offers for Wood. If the Kangz, Knicks or Pelicans come a calling you start with a lightly protected 1st and go from there *fingers crossed*

13. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Who else thinks not a dang thing will happen this deadline? Poor clutch he’s really pushing the Gordon propaganda!

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Good ass trade right there

ThatBoyNick and NewAge like this.
  15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We actually got a first out of it, and considering Battier was well past his prime, and expiring (he averaged 5ppg for the Grizz and bolted in FA) it legitimately was!

We also traded broken ankle AB for Dragic AND a first that day too, so Morey actually killed that trade deadline.

@J.R. do you know what came of those draft picks? I tried and can't find enough detail to figure it out.

cheke64 and DJ like this.
  16. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

and we trade Aaron Brooks for Dragic and a 1st that trade line.

17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I guess Holinger hasn’t watched THT play lately. He really sucks and will be making about 10m for 4 years I believe. That is a really bad contract for the Rockets to absorb for a future pick. NO THANKS

Corrosion, BigMaloe, DeBeards and 3 others like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Battier ended up 2x champs with the Heatles.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

10 mill for 3 years, this season is one of them. So 2/20 after this year, with the 2nd year being a player option (if he plays well enough he could opt out).

EG is owed 19 mill next season, so the contract is extended an additional year but it's not like we're taking on a lot of money in the bigger picture. If we could get a lightly protected first, due after AD's contract expires (and likely LBJ's career) is something you have to consider.

20. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Thanks for the info. You changed my mind with the lightly protected pick in 2027. Although that trade doesn’t do anything to free up playing time, just adds another young guard to the mix. Maybe find a third team to absorb tht sending us back an expiring, although that might be tough given how bad THT has been this year.

Nook likes this.