1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Texans Coaching Search

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Jan 13, 2022.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

What aren’t you getting?
    In the study they had the opportunity to identify as black.
    They didn’t.
    There are tons of mixed black and white kids that don’t look black at all and identify as white.
    57% or the league is black
    9% is mixed-does not mean black, white, Hispanic, Asian or anything

Your opinion doesn’t trump the study man

2. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

What study do you keep referring to? I tried going back and looking and I must have someone on ignore, but I can't find the first reference.

3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

4. raining threes

I've got alot of Coushata blood in me.

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I can't believe the Texans are so boring that their head coaching thread has devolved into three plus pages of fans debating about what percentage of mixed race NFL players are.

6. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Its conditioning. Prep the fan base of the possible coaching candidates and then wait for the frustration to subside… and THEN announce our next head coach. By that timeline, we’ll know by next month lol.

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, it is getting a little ridiculous. Announce the hire

houston19519 and mikol13 like this.
  8. conquistador#11

yup. It was their pre season strategy

9. seank1986

seank1986 Member

10. a time to chill

Down between McCown and Gannon. I think if it was Gannon they would've announced last week.

11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Looks like you guys are arguing life experience vs a study. In our society over my lifetime, 99% of the time when a person is biracial and one of their ethnicities is black, the American society treats them as black. One study doesn’t trump history. If you go back far enough, if you were fair skinned ( or biracial) and trying to pass as white, depending on where you were the consequences could have been deadly. It didn’t matter how you saw yourself.

There was a poster who correctly noted that Americans who have an extensive family tree in America are not very likely “ pure bloods” anyway one way or another. So if we’re being technical, the whole argument gets silly. But the divide between you two is how biracial people see themselves and how they are treated are often VERY different things.

primtim24, UTSA2step, Xopher and 2 others like this.
  12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, great points. I've posted this before, but I think a lot of Texans and maybe other southerners talk about having Cherokee blood in their families, (as if it was something noble, I guess?) but that's often a cover for having a Black person in their family tree. My own family swore and had photos showing a squaw sitting in old family lineups, and I had completely believed it. Genetic testing showed I'm a little part Black, with zero aboriginal American blood.

I guess the squaw was probably all like, "okay, I'll wash some clothes but I ain't sleeping with any of you losers. lulz."

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I’m not arguing any of this.
    What I’m saying is there is no way to distinguish outside of assumptions that the 9% is mixed with black like he is saying.
    Statistics tell you that 90% of that 9% is not likely, and the athletes don’t identify as anything other than 2 or more ethnicities

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I hear ya, that being said , let’s get a good coach with some great players and win some damn games. I’m sick of preachers, politics, lawsuits, racial discussions, nepotism, BLAH BLAH BLAH….. THE FREAKING CINCINNATI BENGALS ARE IN THE SUPER BOWL! So anything is possible if you get the right guys, no matter what they look like.

15. Two Sandwiches

That's what I was speculating too. Seemed like we were going to hear a decision sooner, then the Flores news hit. This makes me think it's McCown.

Anderson's tweet is nothing new. We heard that Flores was taken out of consideration because he didn't want his staff to be made for him.

In my opinion, McCown is probably okay with this, and would also allow Caserio to moonlight through the headphones.

16. Major

Major Member

Maybe they all said no and that's the reason for the delay. David Culley is ready and waiting for a call.

whag00, Two Sandwiches and Fulgore like this.
  17. Two Sandwiches

I'll be a puppet for half Culley's price.

Major and phasors28 like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

“Josh McCown figures to be the favorite in Houston as they continue to go through the process. Brian Flores also square in consideration. I would think the Texans would have a decision here in the next couple of days. They are narrowing down their choices, trying to put together their staffs. I think Josh McCown still remains the favorite.” — Schefter

Rudyc281 and Fulgore like this.
  19. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lol

20. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

It's interesting that you all took it that way, cause I took the delay as Flores and Gannon. It's probably wishful thinking, but I wonder if a delay is related to them trying to get a staff together.... Bringing in McCown this week, next week, or 2 months from now, won't make a difference, we'll get ripped and lose a large part of the fanbase....deservedly so IMO...

UTSA2step, Fulgore and Rudyc281 like this.