1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jimmy G

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ferrari77, Jan 11, 2022.

1. raining threes

If Tartt catches that int that was thrown directly to him the 49ers are likely in another SB with Jimmy G starting at QB.

JayZ750 and UTSA2step like this.
  2. raining threes

For the record I dont want Jimmy G as the Texans QB.

I think Mills is the Texans future at the QB position.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Gotta admire a poster who goes down with his ship.

[​IMG]

RIP to the SS Garappolololololololololol

3Rings likes this.
  4. 3Rings

3Rings Contributing Member

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If Jimmy G looked like Mike Glennon no one would want him:

[​IMG]

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think everyone knows I'm no Jimmy G fan -- far, far from it -- but he had a hurt throwing hand for a good chunk of that time.

That doesn't explain why he panics though. Oh god, oh god! About to get sacked! I willllll FLING IT, yes! Fling it randomly over that way!

3Rings and Buck Turgidson like this.
  7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I always thought "raining threes" referred to b-ball, but maybe he wants a QB who can secure a few field goal attempts, Like Jimmy G. :oops:

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Never have i seen a poster hate on Watson as much as raining 3, been btching about Watson from the start.

It takes a special type of poster to blame that Chief's game on Watson.

If we have legit any competent coach, we would have went further.
    Dumbass franchise promote dumbass coach who made dumbass trade and we are in this dumbass situation where we have dumbass poster pining for
    Jimmy G off all quarterbacks. lol

3Rings, charlieaustin, B-Bob and 6 others like this.
  9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Jimmy G needs to stay the F away from Houston.

10. raining threes

Pute on that ship that has the Texans where they've never been before. A NFCCG and a SB.

Could've been the Texans if TA had drafted her m. At that time they were a QB away. Instead we got to live through the Hoyer, OS eras

11. 3Rings

Nope. It doesn't work that way. You forget that Jimmy had the luxury of sitting behind and learning from Brady for three years. You have no idea the results of him having to start immediately while being coached by O'Brien instead of sitting and learning from Brady and McDaniels.

I really don't know why you're so hung up on Jimmy G as the savior of the Texans. Let it go, man. Shoot, if we are talking about QB misses. How about taking Travis Johnson when Aaron Rodgers was available?

Fulgore likes this.
  12. raining threes

We will never know

But Jimmy G has accomplished alot in his career. There's no denying that and I wish he would've had that opportunity in Houston from the beginning, The script for this franchise could've been so much different

13. 3Rings

Obviously, you hold Jimmy in higher regards than most fans, media and even his own GM and HC. I'll just make this final post and then I'm done with Jimmy G.

Did you forget the Texans play in the AFC and you really think the combination of O'Brien and Garapollo would be enough to get past Manning and Brady? You keep forgetting that Jimmy G never was the primary reason for his team getting to a Super Bowl. The guy has thrown more playoff INTs than TDs.

Finally, if Jimmy G is so accomplished and great. In a QB driven league. Why are the 49ers so eager to get rid of him?

14. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Well it’s a little more relevant here. The rumor is the Texans we’re going to draft him had he been available at 3-1. Instead the Patriots got him in the 2nd the Texans ended up with Fiedorowicz.

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Man that hurt

cmoak1982 likes this.
  16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Yeesh.

17. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The whole point of Davis Mills is that he has potential, is young and cheap while the team has the entire roster to rebuild. There is no point to obtaining Garropolo. Long term, if the Texans actually want to win a championship, they have to think about how they will beat Mahomes, Herbert, Allen and Burrow in their own conference.

18. 3Rings

I understand. The Patriots had Brady and recently drafted Mallet. No one was expecting the Pats to draft Jimmy G or another development QB. All the teams drafting 5-6 picks ahead of the Texans did not need a QB or recently drafted a high round QB. I can see if he was there at 3-1 and the Texans drafted Fiedorowicz.

What I don't understand is the obsession and over rating of a system and game manager type QB as this savior who would get past Brady, Manning and even Mahomes and lead the Texans to multiple AFFCGs and Super Bowls. It's just wishful thinking while totally ignoring reality.

Shoot if we are living off wishing thinking. Forget Jimmy G. I wished Haynesworth didn't step on Schaub's foot.

19. Buck Turgidson

Ugh.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member