1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why would anyone want Ben Simmons here?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayhow92, Feb 3, 2022.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

If Jalen can accomplish even HALF of what Simmons has you'd cream yourself.

Green is a negative player so it's hilarious that people in glass houses actually throw stones at players that are positives on the court.

I am willing to be patient with Green but I'd trade him for Chet, Jabari OR EVEN AJ Griffin if that option was available right now.

Give me an elite 2 way player anytime.

Simmons has 3 All Star seasons in 5 seasons played.

Let me know when Green has even ONE all star.

Do you know who between them has a ROY? Hint, it's not Green.

Nevermind multiple All Defense 1st teams (plural) and multiple DPOY candidate.

solid and hakeem94 like this.
  2. i3artow i3aller

Yikes. What is this behavior? PTSD from the draft? You seem overprotective of SImmons here. You also seem like you want to bicker about Jalen Green which is just weird. Is Benji a relative?

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

I dont like losing and coddling losing players makes me ill.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. i3artow i3aller

I guess man. No one likes losing, but we're in year one of a rebuild so it s what it is. Unsure how you flying out of left field barking at me about JG in a Ben Simmons thread is going to change that or make things any better.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  5. Sengun

Sengun Member

Which team that will sign Simmons will have a much better Simmons than before because I think Simmons' hatred towards Phila and the fans will definitely make him more ambitious in his new team.

Simmons is a good player and has been scapegoated in Phila. Embiid's bad decisions in the Atlanta series and Harris' bad play weren't talked about enough because Doc Rivers just put Simmons in front of the media.

Simmons is an elite defender (a DPOY candidate), a good playmaker and a baller. Simmons is a player who makes a difference not only for himself but also for those around him. So he's the person you expected KPJ to be but couldn't.

That's it.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Because Simmons is more talented and more accomplished than ANY player currently on the Rockets, even WITH all his flaws.

PERIOD.

And all the Simmons "experts" basing their expertise on ONE play is ludicrous.

Simmons provides EXACTLY what Rockets lack:

1. Legit All Star
    2. Playmaking
    3. ELITE Disruptive Defense
    4. Length
    5. Rebounding
    6. Transition scoring efficiency

solid likes this.
  7. jacoby

jacoby Member

Dude why are you talking like Jalen has been in the league for 10 seasons lol. Is it really that incomprehensible that a skinny 19 year old isn't tearing the league up 40 games into his career?

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  8. i3artow i3aller

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

The idea that Stone isn't good enough is crazy .... He's got a bunch of teenagers leading the league in several statistical categories that matter.

Then look at the development several players have made on his watch .... starting with Tate, Christopher, Sengun, Mathews, Brooks, Nix, KPJ, KMJ, Green and even Wood to some extent. And EG having a career year shooting the ball in his offense both from 3 and at the rim.

All these Silas haters just someone to blame and Silas is the convenient Dick Dastardly.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

All that, yet he is still top 5 at his position and runs circles around absolutely ANYONE on this Rockets team.

ROY, 3×All Star, 2×All Defense 1st Team, 2× DPOY candidate, Led NBA in Steals, playoffs every single season, averages nearly triple double ...

And still only 25 years old.

11. i3artow i3aller

12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Wait...did he really only shoot the ball 3 times in 7 games?

Mathloom and i3artow i3aller like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

big yikes

How are u the 2nd star on the team and taking 0 shots in multiple 4th quarters of a series?

14. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

(4th Qtrs)

He's also benefited from having this monster by his side.

#94 i3artow i3aller, Feb 5, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
  15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Ben Simmons is Russell Westbrook. Great individual player who will raise the floor of any team, but will also lower their ceiling. I don't care about all of the regular season s**t he has accomplished, he seems really hard headed and I wouldn't want him as a foundation piece on my team when playoff defenses start locking in.

The thing working for Simmons is that he is young enough to change his ways and either start playing frontcourt defensively or learn to shoot. Having said that, he doesn't even seem to think his problems are a problem and would rather blame others for calling him on it.

Ben Simmons should be the best player in the NBA, he has all the birth given tools.

jayhow92 and i3artow i3aller like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is more to it, Alperen.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

But but how many jumpers do the 55% FG percentage entail?

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This is the bottom line of everything. Can't blame Embiid, Harris, Rivers or the Hawks for that. This is how every series will end from now on if we acquire him.

If I'm another star on the team, I DO NOT accept the responsibility for winning a playoff series when one guy making the max won't shoot open shots. The entire philosophy of the NBA is predicated on the open shot being more potent than any on-ball creator can be. Every act of faith moving the ball is based on this concept. If the ball is not going to be shot by the open man, then the franchise player is wondering wtf we are doing moving the ball to where the defense wants us to move it. It's a ridiculous problem to have and the team gets tired of the gymnastics to make it work. It's such a burden, not worth someone who used to be a DPOY runner up and may have peaked at age 25.

There's no reason we should close our eyes, acquire him without knowing how to solve this problem in advance, and then try to figure out how to do it. That's dumb, that's selling the team into mediocrity forever, it will not result in anything that looks better than a losing culture. That's a loser culture right there. Imagine any max player saying during a negotiation: "I won't take any shots in the 4th quarters of playoff games or any 3's ever, and I don't have any plan for changing this". YOU ARE NOT SIGNING THAT GUY TO THE MAX UNLESS HE'S HAKEEM ON THE DEFENSIVE SIDE. Simmons is no Hakeem on defense or offense, to say the least.

Because people who try 100% may lose a battle, but not the war. Look at Maxey as an example. People who don't try 100% at what they want have failed at life already, even if you have some all star appearances and runner up DPOY.

#98 Mathloom, Feb 5, 2022
    i3artow i3aller and jayhow92 like this.
  19. i3artow i3aller

Be patient with Simpsons. He's only a rookie.

;):D

20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I've put hakeem94 and BobbythenotsoGreat on ignore a week ago
    and I feel much better coming to CF's again.

That railing against Green & Silas fifty times a day for the first two
    months was annoying; but now five straight months of day after day
    has gone in to psychotic territory and beyond.

I will release them from ignore next season after Green gains more
    muscle and is a problem for the league and the Rockets aren't in
    tank mode and putting trade values over winning.

Playing House was the perfect example of that.....if Silas liked D House
    so much then why did he cut him eventually? Oh that was Stone that cut him?
    Then maybe Stone was also insisting he play àlso when he was stinking up
    the place?

#100 ApacheWarrior, Feb 5, 2022
    Mathloom likes this.