1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

defense was much better tonight...

and finally he got to play big chunk of minutes instead of multiple 1, 2, 3 minutes spurts

its was visibly easier for him to find his rhythm and get into the flow...if i am alpi i am suing silas on what he did not giving him 30+ minutes from the start of the season and i am asking out of this dumpster fire...

rockets could get a teen pick back for alpi if they trade him now and he can find a team where he can play a significant role under a normal coach...

hes a player! and a BIG TIME PLAYER, and he needs to play and not spend his young days sitting on the bench of a loser coach, on perhaps the worst team in nba, watching shitty vets and way less talented players getting playing time instead of him

#1241 hakeem94, Feb 2, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
    aaquaa likes this.
  2. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Silas again with the comment that he wants to play Sengun more. He has been saying it the entire season, but he just doesn't do it (this game was a fluke since they play 2 centers and a PF, still he doesn't let Sengun finish a game even though he had the highest plus minus of the team). Next game Sengun is going to get 14 minutes again.....

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Maybe Silas just doesn't understand HOW to use Sengun.

4. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I hate it that when He plays Wood and Sengun together. He plays Woods in the high post and Sengun in the corner... Playing both players to their weakeness.... Ofcourse you have troubles with playing them together if you do this. Sengun can create and Wood can fiinish... I mean defensively they are not great together, but offensively they can if you play them correctly.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Agreed.

But I think there is also a better defense that can fit both Wood and Sengun when both on floor instead of switch everything.

Playing 2-3 zone or drop coverage as base would benefit both players.

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Very true. Wood is a good 3pt shooter, he can space the floor while we run things with Sengun/KPJ or Sengun/Green.

I'm sure they just have to play him a lot and give him shots till he's traded, seems that's above Silas pay grade.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

11. conquistador#11

Wish Sengun would have been defended by Wood so y'all could j*zz to a career night by Sengun.

aaquaa, HeyBudLetsParty and vator like this.
  12. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

Year 1 of the rebuild buddy. You’re right, Sengun is awesome. For whatever reason Silas didn’t give him minutes early on but all signs seem to indicate that is about to change. Take a breather, relax, enjoy the talent we have. Sengun himself has talked about how different the NBA is compared to what he’s accustomed to. More games packed closer together, more intensity, etc. Very good chance he wasn’t physically ready for the minutes we all wanted him to have earlier on in the season. Dude could barely speak the same language as his teammates when he first got here.

I don’t want to come off as a Silas apologist, as I have doubts myself, but it’s just objectively WAY too early to be coming to the conclusions you’re coming to. Advocating for a mid teens pick for Sengun is just laugh out loud funny, frankly. Wasting the dudes career? He’s 19 years old… relax. I want Sengun to get substantially more minutes than he’s getting now as much as anyone, but good lord man. You may want to just take a break for a bit if you’re already getting this salty. Silas very well may not be our coach of the future, but the objective this season is growth, not winning. Sengun, KPJ, Jalen, Tate, Josh Christopher, KJ Martin, Garrison Matthews are all trending in the right direction. We are in line for a top 5 pick this year and the Nets picks are looking sweeter every single day. We have a lot to be happy about as fans. The negative energy you’re spewing isn’t good for anyone, yourself included.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

A+++++ WOULD READ AGAIN

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  14. RLP55

RLP55 Member

Hopefully, Sengun shows out in the Rising Stars game. Force Silas' hand for more minutes. Would not be opposed to Lucas replacing Silas' for the balance of the season. We're 50+ games in, Sengun has a feel for the NBA by now. To play him less than 20 minutes a game is a unacceptable.

On a side note, our PG of the future in down in the Rio Valley. Yes, I understand G league stats don't always translate to NBA success. But Nix has plenty of intangibles that should translate over. He has a NFL body. Opposing players are reluctant to get in front of him. Not overly quick or fast but terrific body control. Think Deron Williams prior to his injuries. Nix is dedicated to getting his teammates involved in he offense. Very unselfish. Most importantly, he has more court awareness and BB IQ than Porter and Green combined. Still needs to clean a few things up.

Plenty of highlight videos and full game replays on the GL site.

slothy420, aaquaa and hakeem94 like this.
  15. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Not just toe-to-toe, but I think he noticeably got the better of Mobley on a few plays--he used his strength to unbalance Mobley in the post a couple of times, and was generally able to make things hard for Cuttino throughout the night. I think we'll be able to see these youngsters battle it out in the post for many years to come

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For sure, his impact went well beyond the box score.... and he still has a long way to go before reaching his final form.

D-rock and NewAge like this.
  17. marky :)

marky :) Member

He played his heart out last night. He needs more minutes to get his stamina up to play starter minutes. Looked like his legs were tired near the end(don't blame him since hes been banging around against Love/Mobley all night).

Roomba, D-rock and cmoak1982 like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Love Sengun and Mobley had more trouble scoring vs Alpi than Wood, but Mobley was still getting the best of that matchup.

Sengun struggles the most defensively vs length and speed.

Tate seemed the most disruptive vs Mobley, always attacking Mobley's hands and lower body.

Roomba likes this.
  19. conquistador#11

Why Sengun should start from the perspective of one Christian D. Wood :
    1.) Sengun can do the boring things and Wood can be Wood , roam the boards, ya feel me Cylus?

2) Sengun's facial expressions are better than Gordon's. Sengun makes me smille, coach

3). If Sengun gets in foul trouble Theis can always be used. No more DNPs for vanilla thunder. Coach who is smiling now?

Coach you want me to set a what? a screen? No! How about I just shoot this mad jumper. Splash.

(that is how I envision Wood requesting Sengun to start)

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

mobley hes had a nice showing even hit the midrange jumpers with ease...i was impresed.. still i beleive alpi is the beter one...just needs playing time...cant compete with the best when you didnt even play a real full game in half a year...silas and his politics is a serious obstacle to alpi

if i were alpi i am asking out of my agent to find me another team

aaquaa likes this.