1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

My Mom just died.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Surfguy, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll join with the others and express my sincere condolences @Surfguy .

2. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Really sorry for your loss man. That's brutal :\.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

My condolences. This is very sad.

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Sorry for your loss. I can understand. I lost my grandmother and dad a month apart many years. (As of this weekend my mom's in worse health. Natural paranoia that any ailment can lead to the worst). The worst thing to do is suppress feelings. Though each person is different. Time at least does heal wounds.

For me I saw value in my big family, was comfort in lot of people pulling together for each other. We're in era now of small families, no families even. People now might have a tougher time getting over grief individually. It will require more internet bonding like this, a support network from anywhere does help

Invisible Fan and Buck Turgidson like this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's become part of our culture now that virtual communities can be as important as real communities. I'm happy that we can do we can help you with your grief.

Both my parents are still alive but with them living on the other side of the World from me I don't get to see them very often. I've been coming to terms that they aren't going to be there much longer and that I need to appreciate them while they are still here in this world.

So many of us have lost too many recently and I know the pain is going to always be there but I hope for you your family it gets better.

durvasa and FrontRunner like this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Thank you for sharing.

I too have had a difficult and complicated relationship with my dad. In some ways that I don't see him very often has probably helped our relationship but like Surfguy says we need to appreciate our parents while they are still there.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

My condolences as well. I have to admit it took me several days of seeing the headline before I got the courage to click it because I'm scared of my own parents' deaths. But it was great to read your mom's biography.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  8. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Damn. MVP level post right here

9. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Hi Surf - meant to post something about this last week but got busy. My deepest condolences on your mom. Back in the day, I remember you and I talking about Rush and I always considered you to be one of the better dudes here. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Take care and know that your mom is now with your dad and in a much better place than what this world is now.

10. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Yeah for many of us this isn't something easy to face but it's likely coming sooner rather than later.

11. the shark

the shark Member

So sorry to hear this. My mother passed away in 2020 (father in 2016). You think you can prepare for it but you can't. It's more painful than words could ever describe and you don't get "through" it. Yes time eases the pain but there will always be a hole.

Spend as much time as you can with your parents. As others on here can attest to I'd give ANYTHING to be able to spend five minutes with them.

Surfguy hang in there my friend. Grieving is so tough. Do it your own way and in your own time frame.

Those that can go call your parents!!

durvasa likes this.
  12. SunsRocketsfan

I know how you feel about the grief. I lost my dad in April of 2020. He was only 65 and about to retire. He went from a healthy avid hiker to bed ridden in a matter of months due to stage 4 cancer. He lost his short battle with cancer just 4 months after diagnosis. It's been almost two years and the pain and grief will always stay with you but you find a way to move on. I miss him dearly and wish he was still here. He never got to meet his first grandson who was born just 3 months after he passed.

durvasa likes this.