1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mardi Gras! Galveston

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rusHour, Jan 31, 2022.

1. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

February 18 - March 1, 2022
    https://www.mardigrasgalveston.com/parades-3/

It has been several years since I have been to the Mardi Gras parades down in Galveston. Me, my wife, and 12 year old are thinking about going back again this year.

Does anyone have any recommendations on the best parades to watch, catch beads and where to stay so that we are close? I am also seeing tickets on their website but not sure what they are for. Thanks in advance!

2. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

This thread is missing bewbs.

studogg, Nook, Nick_713 and 3 others like this.
  3. rusHour

First post and CF already met my expectations upon starting a Mardi Gras discussion.
    I was prepared though and had this on the ready for you.

[​IMG]

boomboom likes this.
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

[​IMG]

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

It’s expensive now, but it’s much safer than it used to be. Wife and I went a few years ago and enjoyed it.

6. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Saw thread, came in with intentions of saying something along the lines of: “beads and boobs are fun, but getting shot isn’t”.

Then saw OP mention tickets for Mardi Gras… and you mention it’s expensive now. So do you have to pay to go? Or are you referring to the price gouging of hotels, parking, food and booze?

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

It was $20 a ticket last time I went

8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Wife and I have gone a handful of times and had a great time everytime. We've done some of the balcony parties before which are fun to people watch and chunk beads at people.....

9. Xerobull

Go early, leave early. The idiots come out at night. The last time I worked a door down there, they had to close down the bar because a tranny decked a cop and it turned into a huge brawl. Not the fun kind, like in a 1970s-1980's TV show.

VooDooPope and GRENDEL like this.
  10. rusHour

We are just looking to hang out on the streets, as we have done in the past. I don't believe a ticket is needed for that?

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

They started charging GA tickets for entry to the entertainment district a few years back.....

https://www.mardigrasgalveston.com/tickets-2022/

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Mardi Gras Galveston is miserable fun.

IBTL likes this.
  13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Probably already booked solid, but the Tremont is where you want to stay if you want to be close. It's literally a block away.

14. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

They have a couple of parades that go down the sea wall in the late morning or early afternoon. We took the kids to those a couple of times in the past. Best to park and walk to the sea wall and find a spot to stand in between all those who camp out. We brought fold out chairs, a cooler with drinks and food and we all enjoy ourselves. it’s a tail gate vibe and nothing crazy for kids. Plenty of beads too. Can’t recommend a place because we drive there and leave the same day. But, if you’re planning to stay the weekend, I would recommend Islander East Condominiums which has a two night minimum. They rent out units and it’s a nice, low key place to stay and it’s right on the beach.

15. Xerobull

Its actually on the parade route.

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Even better. I just know it's a block away from the Strand. Never actually been to Mardi Gras there. Too many drunks.

I prefer our Galveston trips to be nice, quiet and peaceful. We usually stay on the far East end or far West end. Away from all the riff-raff.