1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 1/31/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 29, 2022.

1. bj3175

bj3175 Member

The kid isn't ready he is trying to play checkers in a chess game. Jalen will be great when he starts playing smarter. he is getting suckered all the time because he hasn't learned how to play. Silas is really hurting him b y going about things this way

D-rock and DeBeards like this.
  2. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I thought the momentum had swung before that, tbh. Felt like Sengun for Tate was a dumb sub. I was fine with subbing Sengun out early (he was getting abused in D) but it should have been Wood coming in for Sengun, not Tate. KJ should have continued on the court, and Silas should have given time to Jaygup, KJ, Matthews, KPJ, and Wood.

Don't get me wrong, I love Tate, but he didn't to anything spectacular this game and actually did poorly on a few possessions vs Curry in the 4th (for some reason Silas had them matched up instead of KPJ on him. After a three in Tates face they switched).

Yeah, Green played like crap. And he isn't elevating this team or making big plays in close games. But maybe it's just me, I can understand why we are taking our hits with a #2 pick. What I don't get is why Silas seems so inflexible with making other decisions on the court.

bro2044 and D-rock like this.
  3. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

how can you watch this game and make such a stupid comment

D-rock likes this.
  4. i3artow i3aller

5. Entropy

Entropy Member

I'm so glad we put Jalen Green out there for 33 minutes so he can have an outstanding FG% like 2/9. If we're lucky at this rate 3 years from now he might average 35% from the field.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I think it meant to say Rockets were within 4 when KPJ followed 8 points from Curry, with his own 3. Then proceeded to trash talk and him as he jogged backwards up the court.

The Warriors then continued to play, meanwhile KPJ talked the talk but sat down when it was come time to walk the walk.

I found it hilarious him barking at Curry.

Curry doesn't even know your name dude.

hakeem94 and KePoW like this.
  7. Downtown Sniper

If the mobs are anything like their namesakes, the Green Gang will be waiving the white flag and standing off in the corner after 2 minutes.

8. Downtown Sniper

It's not the first time it's happened either regarding Christopher.

He is WITHOUT A DOUBT a better rookie than Jalen Green, and deserves more minutes, and does much more on the court to warrant closing games than Jalen does.

Also regarding Sengun - you're right. Although I am increasingly frustrated with his teammates, there is literally no warning or yelling out that a help defender is coming to alert him to this.

That is communication 101 back in U10 Reps. Yell out if someone is coming hard from behind. Yell out if a player has their back turned and can't see something you can see.

This team just does not have any fundamentals down pat.

hakeem94, fryjol7 and mikol13 like this.
  9. Downtown Sniper

"Meet me in the locker room and I'll throw something at you, b*tch"

Curry: What's that ball boy yelling at me for?

hakeem94 and Squirtle like this.
  10. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I have to admit that I'm so invested in the Draft (probably too invested) that I care more about the Lottery Race than the Rockets winning right now. Player development first and foremost and if they win with the young players growing and improving, so be it.

But it still managed to piss me off seeing those two calls. How in the hell do you uphold that foul call for Curry after REVIEW? And the foul on the fast break drive by Wiggins was just BS.

Again, I don't feel angst from losses but yet this still managed to feel like some sort of slap in the face.

I'm hoping the Warriors crash and burn in the playoffs. Hopefully a good trade comes to fruition to send Eric Gordon to Phoenix.

Tfor3, bro2044, D-rock and 15 others like this.
  11. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Also the jump ball/travel by Curry and the godawful toss that led to a Curry 3. I know I’m biased, but we’ve played against the Warriors so many times over the years and it almost always feels like we get the short end of the stick in terms of officiating against them...case-in-point, the Durant out of bounds play.

I think the Warriors’ days of winning titles are over, though. And good riddance.

bro2044 and D-rock like this.
  12. NewAge

NewAge Member

I actually think he is…

D-rock likes this.
  13. NewAge

NewAge Member

Hopefully Jaelynn will make other teams fan bases feel the same one day…

Tfor3 likes this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Man IDGAF about winning this game and I'm, according to some, I'm the anti-tank guy (although I'm really not)

I just hope Wood and Ego are traded so that we can play more young players.

I'm happy Green played in the 4th, I'm happy he got 30+ mins. Good. He has to learn. You can learn a lot from failure too but there is a ceiling to learning if all you do is watch and not participate.

While it would have been fun if this young team shocked the world and made it into the playoffs...that clearly is not happening. Trade Wood and Ego for as many assets as you can get, play the rooks more and give them more usage, keep seeing if KPJ can continue to grow at the PG spot, maybe even play Garuba some...whatever. The point of this season should be to help further development of key prospects and see who is worth keeping.

It'd be nice if they could win a game once a week, sure, just to keep morale up, but it really is irrelevant at this point in the season. We're about to enter the point in the season where teams (Like the RocketS) will sell off talent to the better teams that actually are fighting for something and the teams that are selling will be putting out some pretty bad experiential lineups.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Care more about the trade deadline which does not seem to be busy at all.

On all 30 teams front.

#915 daywalker02, Feb 1, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I'd consider the Play In now (not that they are making it).

It seems the FO is not that great at drafting and the prospects are sort of meh after all the hype.

Aren't we just modifying our stances......

D-rock likes this.
  17. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

"I'm one of the BEST AFRICAN b****es in the business. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah!".

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

+1.

Like the last game vs GS, it's worse than getting blown out.

It was so annoying to watch every close reach/hack call go the Warriors to way, ostensibly in a year when the league is allowing more contact because of James Harden and the Rockets. It was 2018 for a few minutes there.

Like i said i hope the Warriors get smashed into the toilet by the Grizzlies in the 2nd round.

bro2044, Clutch and ElPigto like this.
  19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Weak as hell.

Which of the 7 video clips i posted do you allege are doctored? Or "all crap"? Do you think giving up 2.3 points per possession was good defense?

Just admit that you were wrong anonymously on the Internet coward.

It happens to the best of us...and to you. You'll overcome it some day.

vator likes this.
  20. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Does not like like we are on a developing plan for our rookies. This looks more and more like the Porter Jr boat.

JayGup is above Jalen Green now, why are we splitting reps among those 2 like that? If losing is the goal shouldn't we try a lineup with all 3? Scoot - Jalen - JayGup? With Sengun and Tate sharing some minutes and evaluating those minutes?