1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. i3artow i3aller

No feel for the game! No bag! Bust!

2. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Seems legit. Can't wait for the 75% 3 videos of prime Shaq, I missed them back in the day.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This kid is just so easy to root for. Consistent hard work always wins out. I truly believe he'll have the best career in this draft as long as he maintains this mindset of confronting adversity with training.

I'm starting to trust that he won't give up trying to get better on defense. Looks like he's genuinely interested in becoming good at that end of the floor.

I said it early, 3pters are going to be key for him before he bulks up a bit. If he's going to the line 4-5 times while being a terrible shooter, it means he's working really hard for those trips to the line. Often those defenders drop way back making it harder for Jalen to beat them to the basket. With a better 3pt shot, his drives will get easier as defenders give him less space.

It's also important to his development off ball, being a good teammate, spacing the floor.

If he comes out of this season an improved 3pt shooter, rookie leader in FTA's and steadily improving defense, we'll have done a great job in one season. Those are really the 3 most powerful ways you can impact wins. Can get stronger and polish shot mechanics in the summer.

5. NewAge

NewAge Member

So you think Larry Brown would have played Green on the 2004 Pistons?
    Hahahaha
    You guys are completely delusional about this kid

6. Da Man

Da Man Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen Green’s on ball defense was pretty good last game. Simons was just making semi tough shots. But Green’s defense was his best showing this year. You can tell at the end of the game that McCollum and Simons were hunting for Mathews on the switch. Mathews is a good help defender but he is starting to be targeted for iso’s by offenses.

It was good to see Green jump the passing lane for his first steal and dunk this year. Once he gets more strength, I’m hoping we see more of this athleticism shine in all parts of the game. It’s all about seeing improvement at this point.

#2626 Da Man, Jan 30, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
  7. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Nah, you just tried and failed miserably in your comparison. Now you're trying to spin it, but all you've achieved is letting everybody know you know next to nothing about basketball.

8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Daroko bust potential, too feminine to b a supastar. What outrageous sht can the poster sprout next on his quest to sht on green the rookie.

Nice seeing green have the drive/motivation to grind/Hone his game.

9. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

I'll get concerned about his effeminate side if he shows up to the game on monday in this:
    [​IMG]

DatRocketFan likes this.
  10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I wished they get him moving. It's different when it's faster

11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Pfffft.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Oh wow looks like i was 100% right and @Downtown Sniper was 100% wrong

You got owned so bad.

xaos and Dobbizzle like this.
  13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I’m going to spell it out for you. The quote in bold is exactly what I was saying was happening. You are wrong and embarrassed yourself greatly

Humble yourself.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/te...-Green-works-find-shooting-touch-16816008.php

With the Rockets practice on Saturday complete and many of his teammates on the other end of the floor in a shooting competition, Rockets rookie guard Jalen Green just shot 3-pointers. And shot. And shot.

He had said on Friday that he intended to keep working with assistant coach John Lucas to regain his shooting touch. On Saturday, he worked his way around the halfcourt, sinking 100 3-pointers from each of five positions on the floor as Lucas offered instructions aimed at helping Green find the range again.

"I'm still in the lab,” Green said after making 2 of 8 3-pointers on Friday, dropping him to 10 of 54 in his past 10 games. “I’ve got to shoot the ball knowing, thinking that it's going to go in. It's a game of highs and lows, it's going to happen.

“It's all right. It's going to happen. Shots going to fall.”

Green initially shot well when he returned after his hamstring injury, making 11 of 24 3-pointers in his first three games. An issue since, Rockets coach Stephen Silas said, has been rushing as he prepared to shoot, a correction the Rockets had made when Green was working out when out with the hamstring injury and could make again.

“(The adjustment) was less about his shot mechanics and more about the pace that he’s getting into his shots,” Silas said. “So, they’ve been working on that the last couple of days and trying to fine tune that. But I just think it’s a slump, to me. It’s one of those things.

It’s like golf when you’re trying to groove your swing day after day after day. Once every little while, you kind of revert back to the things you were doing. I’m not sure he is reverting back but it does look like the pace of his release has gotten back to where he was prior to when him and Luc were working on it.”

xaos likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

McCollum also hinted he did not want to show the youngster off too much.

He also had some nice advice after the game.

15. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

This is what I was thinking and maybe they are doing it. But shouldn’t he be running to a spot to catch and shoot?

D-rock and Dobbizzle like this.
  16. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

These hoes ain't ****in for free. Green will be fine.

17. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

He did an amazing job on ball on simons. He made him change angles three times on one drive before hitting a tough middie. The next possession same thing, stayed in front cut off the easy lane and forced a tough floater going away. Time after time he forced simons to switch angles. It was actually great one on one defense. He navigated screens pretty decently as well. Honestly it’s his off ball defense that’s atrocious.

Matthews has been disappointing me from a team perspective. His shooting is lights out. He’s a rotation player on a winning team for that alone. He’s shown ability to use that to open driving lanes for him too. But he’s been lacking on the team front. I’ve watched him gamble on passing lanes too much. Watch the corner instead of rotating to it. Make the extra pass slowly to the corner instead of snapping it. Hell with in the league but he has to do the little things in addition to just shooting.

xaos and Dobbizzle like this.
  18. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Sadly, the coaching staff isnt doing Green any favors with respect to development. The first priority should be working on strength, not just shooting 3's. Part of the reason he can't defend at a high level or take contact while driving to the bucket is his lack of strength. Green showed flashes of a mid range game when the season started, but that's long gone now, too.

cheke64 likes this.
  19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Actually, Green's shot reminds me of Kevin Martin. What he needs is learn some flopping. His efficiency will skyRocket.

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Thats been my suspicion as well. Some coach is telling him 3's and lay-ups is the way to go. That's how you create average role players.

I hope JC doesn't listen and that's why he subs in after Mathews and Brooks.