1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] The Eternals

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Damn. You're gonna make me go and finally get that Disney+ subscription...

Jontro likes this.
  2. CCorn

CCorn Member

I agree it would have been better as a short series. I still enjoyed it though.

3. JW86

JW86 Member

Just watched it, what a ****ing drag. Way too long, too predictable, some Eternals were useless and poorly cast and or written, power difference between them made no sense and the ending, meh…visually stunning though and loved the Deviants look!

Plot: 2/10
    Visuals: 10/10
    Overall: 5.5/10

tinman, Jontro and clos4life like this.
  4. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Haven't quite finished yet but......
    were we not supposed to notice when the lady fell in the water fighting the deviant it was pretty deep but after she turned it into a tree the water only went to her knee?? Some water shot out but still...

clos4life likes this.
  5. clos4life

clos4life Member

Most people were either asleep, had turned the movie off, or they just had that glazed eyes look and didn't notice because the movie was such garbage.

tinman, Salvy and Jontro like this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

I just remembered that she was CGI hot in Beowulf

Jontro likes this.
  7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

And that was the same timeframe when you had a shot with her. Then you guys were not living in the same city anymore.

8. Buck Turgidson

I don't understand your nonsense.

Keep eating gummies until you're coherent.

clos4life, jiggyfly, mikol13 and 2 others like this.
  9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

haaaaa

10. Buck Turgidson

Shouldn't it be jajajajaaja?

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So Unicron created the autobots
    And he created an autobot that looks like Angelina Jolie but then decided to create one who can’t talk ?
    What the starscream ?

Jontro, clos4life and Salvy like this.
  12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

[​IMG]

Jontro and Buck Turgidson like this.
  13. Salvy

Salvy Member

She can't talk in The Walking Dead either, its pissing me off because I have to read what she says..... The Green ranger chick used all her power to turn the little girl human while she could have given this one speech and turned the black guy not gay....

Jontro and tinman like this.
  14. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Some folks think she altered the state of the deviant into a tree but I think she changed the state of the water into wood and killed the deviant from the inside out. I haven't seen it confirmed one way or the other but the movie would have you believe she altered the state of the deviant. I don't believe that was the case.

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I watched this again a week ago and it was worse than when I saw it originally in the theaters. Looking back now there were 10 Eternals at the beginning of the movie.
    Hours later, 3 died, 2 left/retired/don't want any part of saving the universe again (Sprite/Kingo), 2 got captured/kidnapped by those hugeass alien beings, and 3 are left to go and try to find/rescue them.
    I know MCU wanted to faithfully translate the source material to the movie screen...but could they have just pared down the number of Eternals from 10 to, like, 6 or 7?

Keepers:

Sersi: This is obvious since she's the main character in the whole movie
    Thena: You keep her because Jolie is hot
    Phastos: Kind of integral in making the devices that helps the good guys
    Ikaris: You need the bad guy. His love story Sersi was pure filler.

Maybes:
    Gilgamesh and Ajak: Gil seems kind of unnecessary, given his role was to pretty much babysit and keep Thena from going crazy....which could have been Ajak's job. Like make it a point that Selma and Angelina have a hot living situation together and Ikaris can still kill Ajak thereby letting crazy Thena loose.
    Kingo: Good comedic relief and it appears his fighting skills or power is on part or at least close to Ikaris. Maybe keep him

Cut:
    Druig: I get his intentions but what a waste of screen time.
    Sprite: Most useless of them all IMO
    Makkari: Outside of a few good hits in the final battle with Ikaris there's not much interesting about her

Cutting those 3 would drop it down to 7 and, based on the deaths in the movies, would have dropped another 2-3 leaving 4-5 main characters which would have been a bit easier to follow. This doesn't even include the introduction of Black Knight and Starfox.

clos4life, Salvy and Xerobull like this.
  16. droxford

droxford Member

Just watched this movie. Wow - what a heaping pile of crap!

Plot was stupid and confusing. The in-your-face woke-ness of character diversity detracted from the movie. Pacing was terrible. Acting was terrible. Dialogue was terrible. Character development was terrible. Ending was anti-climactic. At around the halfway mark, I began feeling like I was enduring it and trying to just get through it (certainly not enjoying it).

It's the cinematic equivalent of colorful vomit.

As far as I'm concerned, It has dethroned Captain Marvel as the worst MCU film.

clos4life, tinman, Salvy and 2 others like this.
  17. Salvy

Salvy Member

I sort of enjoyed one part of it, the costumes.... Not because they were good but because they reminded me of this old fox kids show I used to watch as a kid.... That show was better written than the The Eternals thou.....

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Ok finished it
    Definitely should have been a Disney series instead because they introduced a bunch of characters and the only characters the people wanted to see, Angelina, Jon Snow, and CGI brother of Galactus didn’t have any good screen time.
    There’s no way anyone saw this in theater without coffee. Disney plus is the only way

the jokes were bad too.

Xerobull likes this.
  19. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I get that but even if she altered the water then it would've only been like a foot higher with where the walls were. Maybe she made a floor out of the water lol?

20. tinman

Supporting Member

This movie sucked

wanted to see Team Stark
    [​IMG]