1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Get Christian Wood the Hell outta here ASAP for AMAP!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Dec 28, 2021.

1. NewAge

NewAge Member

I’m reading quite a few skilled bigs on the market: Sabonis/Turner, Harrison Barnes, JeremynGrant, Tobias Harris… Not sure enough buyers out there to get something going for Wood

D-rock and Aruba77 like this.
  2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Yeah I’m worried about this as well. Collins is also on the block. It feels like Sabonis, Barnes, and Grant will for sure get moved.

I hope Stone is willing to take a little less to get something done. We really need to get what we can and move on. Nothing wrong with getting something done early rather than waiting till the last minute. The Knicks and Atlanta got something done.

Bo6 and slothy420 like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://theathletic.com/3087642/202...ohn-wall-eric-gordon-christian-wood-and-more/

Barring an offer that simply can’t be ignored, it’s becoming more likely that Gordon remains in Houston past the deadline.

The same can be said of starting center Christian Wood. The 26-year-old has been subject to interest around the league, and sources say Miami has been one of the more persistent teams in engaging with Houston on the versatile big man. But barring a blow-me-away offer, Wood should remain in Houston past the deadline, sources tell The Athletic. He’s averaging 17.5 points and a career-best 10.3 rebounds per game.

D-rock likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Riiight. Too bad the Rockets aren't happy with the offers so far.... we all get it, Stone CAN hold onto Wood and Gordon because they are under contract... no fire sale but no is buying this BS, especially after the Oladipo crap last year.

D-rock, SamFisher, jcmoon and 4 others like this.
  5. sydmill

sydmill Member

This would be disappointing. Both EG and Wood are double whammies in that they are counterproductive to the pursuit of a high pick but they also take minutes away from guys that represent the future of the team. Here is hoping the pendulum is just swinging from last year's "we have FRP offers for Oladipo" that turned out not to drum up an offer to this. Fingers crossed.

slothy420 and BigShasta like this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I’m completely buying it on Wood. There is absolute no reason to keep Gordon though. He’s peaking and is under no circumstance on the same timeline

luckyman76, Easy, Nook and 2 others like this.
  7. JayAllJay

JayAllJay Member

I agree we could move him, but you can't get too emotional about it. The team is in a spiral. Just get another team to root for, until Houston is relevant again. No matter what you post, the team will still be terrible.

8. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

There is no reason to give Wood away, but as good as Gordon has been this season, you’ve got to move him. I can’t imagine him sticking around when he would benefit so many other teams who are ready to win right now.

D-rock likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

They really want to move Wood, I know that for a fact. I don't think they will take garbage for him but they want him gone.

D-rock, Richie_Rich, jcmoon and 2 others like this.
  10. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Miami has been one of the more ‘persistent teams’ in engaging with Houston on Christian Wood, per
    @KellyIkoNBA

D-rock likes this.
  11. Aruba77

yeah Stone needs to stay away from Miami. Clearly they are bottom feeding; and who can blame them. They know they can get the best of Stone like they did with Dipo. I’m telling you if he blows this deadline like last year that’s the last straw for me.

D-rock likes this.
  12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

well if Miami wants him so bad they can send Herro

jcmoon and ElPigto like this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I don't know what Miami is willing to offer that will interest the Rockets. The only player that makes sense to Houston is Bam but he's untouchable.

They may be will to part with either Robinson or Herro. But the Rockets already have a bunch of young perimeter players to develop. Do they really want another scorer to take up the minutes? And since the Heat is an up and coming team, their picks aren't going to be good for a long time.

D-rock and treyk3 like this.
  14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Herro is playing better this year than anyone on the Rockets. He took the step. If the Rockets could get him by trading Wood and taking on Duncan, I wouldn’t be surprised if they’d send Miami their pick swap back and maybe even this year’s Nets pick. Herro is a building block.

ElPigto likes this.
  15. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Wait, how did Miami get the best of the Dipo trade? We got players who played well for us the rest of the season, they got Dipo, who didn't.

16. Aruba77

we got virtually no draft compensation for Dipo. We don’t need veteran rentals we need to rebuild. Something Stone apparently didn’t understand when acquiring and ultimately trading Dipo.

D-rock and slothy420 like this.
  17. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I seriously doubt Miami is giving up Herro in a Wood deal. If so, we need to jump all over it.

One would assume we're getting first rounders in any deal with them.

D-rock, charlieaustin and jcmoon like this.
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Interesting enough, we do have a trade exception that we can absorb Herro into that expires one day after the trading deadline. So you could trade Duncan for Christian Wood and then a separate deal do Herro for TE + picks.

There is no doubt in my mind that I would definitely execute that kind of deal if Miami was willing to entertain it. I wish we could do EG/Wood/picks for Duncan/Herro, but there doesn't seem to be a viable option to get that deal due to money restrictions.

19. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

LOL. MIA isn’t going to send us Herro. They didn’t do it for Harden. They sure as hell won’t do it for Wood. No way.

Bo6, D-rock and Richie_Rich like this.
  20. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Miami's the one team that refuses to send picks in trades so I doubt Pat Riley will give us a fair deal for Wood.

However, Pat's also one of the few guys in the league that thinks he can manage players like Wood with locker room problems.

TimDuncanDonaut and D-rock like this.