1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daishen Nix Hype Train

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vator, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Love the confidence.

3. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

his broad shoulder, thick waist, high booty, running esque, poor leaping ability, soft hands…all of these reminds me of kyle lowry
    Then our dwarf 2.0 lineup gonna be:
    1 nix (kyle lowry 2.0)
    2 jg (bradley beal 2.0) - nbadraft
    3 kpj (harden 2.0) - Stone's expectation
    4 tate (the thiic 2.0)
    5 sengun (mini jokic)
    :D

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Good to have our own Thicc VanVleet crafty pg

burlesk and i3artow i3aller like this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

His instincts at point are hard to teach. Wouldnt be a bad thing to have Scoot and Nix compete for that spot in training camp. Im not as certain that Nix offense would translate the same way vs NBA defenses, but his ability to set up the offense and get the ball into the right spots would be a breath of fresh air.

6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

He does remind me a lot of Kyle Lowry. Hope he becomes something.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is not the most athletic, which is probably why people passed on him, but his size and BBall IQ look great - and you don't have to be a great twitch athlete to be a great basketball player.

DD

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  8. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I would love to see at some point this season Nix get a shot at starting PG. After the trade deadline, would be great to see him promoted up and given a chance to show what he can do in real minutes. An interesting starting lineup going into next season would be:

Nix - PG
    Green - SG
    KPJ - SF
    Banchero/Smith/Chet/Draft Pick - PF
    Sengun - C

9. DaDakota

FIFY....

DD

10. vator

vator Contributing Member

11. vator

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Daishen was the Player of the Week and he put up another 30-piece tonight... he also added 4 steals (and Trevelin Queen added another 6... what are these dudes eating for breakfast lately?).

D-rock, burlesk, vator and 2 others like this.
  13. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

At some point the Rockets have to make s decision on KPJ. Up to this point he isn’t it. Too inconsistent in playmaking and just erratic decision making. And history has dictated two dynamic combo type guards who need the ball doesn’t work in the same lineup as starters. I would love for the Rox to unleash Nix and evaluate him before the season ends. But what do i know. I thought Khyri Thomas was a very sound and mature player but they cut him like nothing.

14. DaDakota

Right now the decision would be KPJ and Nix.....you good with that?

DD

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Are people really still getting fooled by G league performances again?

LOL.

I hope Nix can become a solid backup for the Rockets one day

16. vator

To be fair, he was actually awful in the G-League last year when he was 1 year removed from high school. Now he is not just playing well, he is absolutely dominating. That is a marked improvement and should be acknowledged. Had he played like he is right now, he would've likely been a 1st round selection when also taking into account his 5 star and top 20 high school rankings.

I know this is partially a Jalen Green shot, but he's playing way better than JG ever did although this is now his second year removed from high school, but also consider that he is even playing better than 3 years removed from high school KPJ did last season.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not really, it's just a shot at the G league. Hell Gerald Green came off the couch and is scoring 22 points per game, Trevelin Queen looks like an absolute monster.

I'm saying this because once upon a time, a really long time ago, I got fooled by D league performances too. That's why I don't like seeing it still keep happening to people. We've just seen players absolutely dominate at that level only to be next to completely worthless at the NBA level. So while I think him playing considerably better is encouraging, meaning he might one day earn a spot in the NBA, I was advocating for pumping the brakes when it comes to suggesting the team dump all of their starters for G league players.

vator likes this.
  18. vator

I agree. The fact that he is at present outperforming what our current starting backcourt did against like competition albeit at different developmental stages in relation to where JG was last year, gives me hope that he may be an NBA-level rotation player. His extreme improvement from last year to this was not something I was expecting. I had no expectation at all honestly like when we signed that PG from Duke that was a stud HS player and he never panned out. can't think of his name right now. Anyways, he looked like a Killian Hayes type of player last year, and now I think maybe he can be more than that.

DaDakota likes this.
  19. DaDakota

Really would like to see him get some time with the big club at Point.

DD

vator and coachbadlee like this.
  20. TimDuncanDonaut

When Rockets played the Knicks again, he should be called up.

The headline alone: Nix vs Knicks.

burlesk, sydmill and coachbadlee like this.