1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daishen Nix Hype Train

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vator, Jan 23, 2022.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nix needs to muscle up, get leaner but not drop too much weight.

His physicality is a huge part of his game.

Dacamel, sirjesse and vator like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Gordo deserves to start. He is one of best players on team.

Top 3, easily.

Dacamel likes this.
  3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Damn, he looks good as a PG!! What's Brian Shaw doing down there with Ignite, it seems like he didn't prepare anyone well. Kuminga's fundamentals are pretty bad too.

Nix does need to drop a significant amount of weight still. I'm not following, but have read around the board that he's making good progress on that. It looks like he would know how to make use of that extra bit of quickness.

Excited for the next step, improving his efficiency and ass/to ratio. How's his defense?

Stephen_A, vator and D-rock like this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

hopefully Rockets got a fred vanvleet.

5. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I’m not arguing that Gordan shouldn’t be starting while he is a rocket. I just want him to be traded for a FRP, which also frees up time for our young guards that are part of the re-build. I want both Wood and Gordan traded for that reason. I think Gordan would deserve 6 man of the year on the right team. Wood is on my sh*t list because of poor defense and no PnR presence, but he is really good when we play teams without large aggressive centers.

Dacamel likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Leads G League in steals, also very switchable due to his size and strength.

Defense and IQ have always been his calling cards.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm in no hurry to trade Gordo.

If Rockets get a Godfather offer then do it, until then let the best players play and have the youngsters learn, improve and EARN their minutes.

Rockets rebuild is not just about draft picks and young players, it's also about building a championship culture.

Scarface, jcmoon and sirjesse like this.
  8. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

He sounds intriguing enough I’d consider stunting his growth (and taking the long road to development) at the end of an nba bench rather than risk losing him to another team.

BigShasta likes this.
  9. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'd like to see him get some real NBA minutes. We have too many guards...maybe once we trade Gordon. I'd be fine if we never saw Augustin again.

Mathloom likes this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

KPJ is playing well now, but I do not like his brand of PG. I like Nix's methodical-ish way he plays. It looks like he is making plays for himself and other according to what he sees in front of him instead of it just happening through sheer force of will like KPJ.

11. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Yeah he seems really sound in those limited minutes. Unfortunately Rox committed to developing KPJ and evaluating him to pick up option/extension. I really want to see what Nix can bring and how he plays with Green.

Dacamel and vator like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Let's win G League championship while Nix continues to hone his game and his body.

There is no danger of losing Nix to another team while he's on 2 way contract.

13. anchel

anchel Member

Yep. I was looking at his stats today and was surprised. He doesn't look to be very explosive but manages a way to get into the lane. He is really BIG and extremely poised to be a 19 y.o. Has burned fat, looks lighter, quicker. Good fundamentals at both ends, big and strong NBA body and smart young man: we got a player there.

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think this is one of Stone's homerun attempts. He looked overweight and he was always looking to be a playmaker in high school. He scored because he had to for the most part. HIs high school game vs. Jalen was hyped up a bit but he played fairly under control in it. He looked like he lost a lot of weight around draft time, but I thought he gained some back afterwards, but I could be imagining it.

Again, this is all G-League highlights. KPJ looked like Magic Johnson down there. Let's see what Alaska's finest does playing in the NBA. I mentioned this in the RGV forum, but he's been putting up offensive numbers lately that are eye-popping, but a lot of his scoring is from layups or work inside. I don't know how much he'll be able to do that in the NBA, but he seems to have added 3 point shot. But again, there are a lot of 3 point guys that magically lose it when they get to the NBA.

I want him to do well. It'd be a feel-good story if nothing else, and I'm always down for that. If he ever lives up to his high school hype and has added a 3 point shot, he'll end up being a really good playmaking guard who can take the ball inside and have a decent-to-good 3 point shot that keeps defenses guessing. IOW, a steal. lol. But I'm not gonna hold my breath until I see him more in the NBA.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Daishen? He's been having great games with the steals, but I don't think he leads the league in steals -- he may be #2. Trevelin Queen leads the league in scoring and steals, doesn't he? Bring him up, too! lol.

jcmoon, Dacamel and D-rock like this.
  16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

While I agree with you, I'm more apt to say "Gordo deserves to be traded before he gets hurt". I'm sure he'd appreciate it, too. I know I would (no offense to EGo -- thank you for your service).

i3artow i3aller and Dacamel like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are right I misremembered, Queen is #2.

Was #1 for a second.

But Nix is still excellent disruptor averaging 2.59 STL per game.

And I'm not advocating bringing either up yet so not sure why you quoted me to make that point.

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm sorry. Next time I'll create a separate post for each separate thought to not offend you.

rfrocket and BigShasta like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not offended, confused.

But sure, you do that.

20. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member