1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biden is no joke; will vote for him again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Jul 2, 2021.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I lack self awareness?

Oh the Irony.

I have been on here long enough for you to know my baseline posting style, my reaction was totally do to you and your penchant for ******** on democrats and Biden every chance you get.

Why do you continue to inject your disdain for moderate Democrats into all discussions of anything talking about the party?

Everybody here knows where you stand, stick with the topic at hand, what does you moving to Canada have to do with any of this?

ROCKSS likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Turley picks up on the same point

The Other “Big Lie”: Democrats Fuel Doubts Over the Legitimacy of the Coming Elections

https://jonathanturley.org/2022/01/...-over-the-legitimacy-of-the-coming-elections/

excerpt:

The fact is that democracy is protected by our courts — and by a host of laws protecting the right to vote and banning discrimination against minority voters. What is daunting is that this Democratic “Big Lie” is being promulgated by the president on the basis of fighting Trump’s “Big Lie.” It is like condemning Bigfoot sightings as the basis for creating a federal Bigfoot bureau.
    more at the link

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How can expressing an opinion on something that hasn't happened yet be a lie?

Nook, dmoneybangbang and RayRay10 like this.
  4. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

5. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

good question

related

Biden, Trump and ‘Illegitimate’ Elections

https://www.wsj.com/articles/joe-bi...-2022-jen-psaki-11642714053?mod=hp_opin_pos_1

Biden, Trump and ‘Illegitimate’ Elections
    What’s worse than a President who claims elections are a sham? Two Presidents.
    By The Editorial Board
    Jan. 20, 2022 6:50 pm ET

One piece of President Biden’s news conference that deserves more scrutiny is his positively Trumpian refusal to say that the 2022 elections will be legitimate. The White House is now trying to walk this back, which is a good sign, but if Mr. Biden is changing his mind, he should say so himself.

In tweets on Thursday, press secretary Jen Psaki insisted Mr. Biden “was not casting doubt on the legitimacy of the 2022 election.” Rather, he was “explaining that the results would be illegitimate if states do what the former president asked them to do after the 2020 election: toss out ballots and overturn results.”

Is that the truth? Roll the tape.

Question: “Speaking of voting rights legislation, if this isn’t passed, do you still believe the upcoming election will be fairly conducted and its results will be legitimate?”

Mr. Biden: “Well, it all depends on whether or not we’re able to make the case to the American people that some of this is being set up to try to alter the outcome of the election.” Asked a second time, later in the news conference, he added: “The prospect of being illegitimate is in direct proportion to us not being able to get these reforms passed.”

The White House’s attempt to say oopsie is even less convincing given Mr. Biden’s rhetoric about “Jim Crow 2.0” last week in Georgia. “The goal of the former president and his allies is to disenfranchise anyone who votes against them,” he said. “The facts won’t matter. Your vote won’t matter. They’ll just decide what they want and then do it. That’s the kind of power you see in totalitarian states, not in democracies.”

Who else does that sound like? “We had a rigged election, and the proof is all over the place,” President Trump said last week. “I ran twice, and we won twice.” Now Mr. Trump is claiming vindication in a statement Thursday: “President Biden admitted yesterday, in his own very different way, that the 2020 election may very well have been a fraud, which I know it was.”

A big difference is that Mr. Trump’s theories were refuted by the press and have alienated even many Republicans. Mr. Biden’s claims, to the contrary, are being encouraged by much of his party and many in the press, despite a comparable lack of good evidence. Sorry to be a broken record, but Georgia has more days of early voting, and offers more of its citizens mail ballots, than either New York or Delaware.

Democrats are on fire that Georgia’s election law lets the state suspend local officials. But this requires proof of “nonfeasance, malfeasance or gross negligence.” Democrats are equally furious about a plan by Lincoln County, Ga., to consolidate polling sites. But the county’s elections director, who happens to be black, says the proposal is related to Covid-19 protocols and low numbers of voters. This is also a county that went 68% for Mr. Trump.

If the White House is starting to fear that its narrative is getting out of hand, that would be welcome. The U.S. deserves to have two parties that talk in a way that buoys public confidence in elections, but one is better than zero. The danger as November nears is that if Democrats look like they’re in for a shellacking, the pressure to blame the voting laws will be intense. Swear it off today, Mr. Biden.

Appeared in the January 21, 2022, print edition.

6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

ib4 this guy

• https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/wall-street-journal/
      • Overall, we rate the Wall Street Journal Right-Center biased due to low biased news reporting combined with a strong right biased editorial stance. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting rather than High due to anti-climate, anti-science stances, and occasional misleading editorials.

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would have voted for Dumb and Dumber over Trump. Make no mistake about that. You can call Joe senile all you want but I'd place all bets on him beating Trump in a spelling bee, a history quiz, a geography quiz, a foreign policy quiz, or just about any other category in a split second. We won't even get into physical fitness. I can't even picture Trump riding a bicycle. Hell, his shaky hands can barely pick up a glass.

Last, but most important is the fact that a malignant narcissist like Trump can never be trusted to speak the truth about anything. That type of psychiatric condition is very dangerous. How in the hell can a compulsive liar be trusted? How can you trust a man who will not, and never had admitted he is wrong about anything? Only a fool would believe they can. As for your man in Florida, well, he's a real piece of work himself, who had his head up Trump's butt for four long painful years. If he had been running I certainly wouldn't have cast my vote for him either.

RayRay10 and IBTL like this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Apparently all these op-ed writers don't understand verb tense and how they indicate what happened and what might happen.
    Trump: "“We had a rigged election, and the proof is all over the place,” President Trump said last week. “I ran twice, and we won twice."

Biden: The facts won’t matter. Your vote won’t matter. They’ll just decide what they want and then do it. That’s the kind of power you see in totalitarian states, not in democracies.”

Trump is talking about something that happened in the past that has been shown to be factually wrong even by his own DOJ. That is a lie. Biden is talking about something in the future. We don't know for sure whether what he says will or will not happen. It's neither true or false.

It's basic English that people are confusing, perhaps deliberately, to try to draw some equivalency.

Nook, dmoneybangbang and RayRay10 like this.
  9. Gioan Baotixita

This post is scary and depressing at the same time. You are stage 4 with TDS. I wish you luck, but only divine intervention can cure this.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

You and @Os Trigonum are the scary and depressing ones. The cult is real, and you are in it. Only therapy and intervention can help you.

As for divine intervention, well God answered my prayers for Trump to lose. Yes, I do believe, and don't fall for false prophets preaching to a cult in the name of God.

dmoneybangbang, IBTL and Os Trigonum like this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

You cut me shrek.jpg

Gioan Baotixita likes this.
  12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

LOL. I don't know why that guy started attacking me personally anyway. I was talking about the psycho Trump and he proceeded to take it to a belittling like Trump would do. The only reason I included you in my response is because you liked his childish response to me.

VooDooPope likes this.
  13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

People are trolling you in name of orange defense. Think about how weak that is. Dont let up I think your posts are great

VooDooPope, FrontRunner and RayRay10 like this.
  14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

LOL

VooDooPope and IBTL like this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Glad he's taking action to evacuate them, instead of leaving them at the mercy of Russia.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

I’m assuming that the producer of known-warhawk Hugh Hewitt’s radio show would likely want Biden to go in and have a drawn up war that lasts a long time. Then Hugh would get what he wants by raising defense spending, something he has repeatedly called for…even though we spend as much money on defense as the next 7 countries combined.

But, cool, whatever, Afghanistan was great during the time we occupied it…Iraq’s in great shape now…world’s much safer now than it was before.

jiggyfly and Nook like this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They want another BENGHAZI!! but they don't realize KIEV!!1 isn't as catchy.

Germany and Japan are top notch.

As long as they good, forever wars All Good.

#778 Invisible Fan, Jan 22, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  19. Gioan Baotixita

Brandon’s approval just hits a new lows...33%. Damn, a freaking lame duck in his first year.

20. Gioan Baotixita

This right here is another scary and unhinged post. You’re the one that tied me to the Orange man and I’ve made it clear that I do not care for the man.

It shows me that your TDS is at an advanced stage. We are here discussing the current dipshiet in charge with fermented tofu for brains with an approval ratings of 33%, and all you can do is Trump this and Trump that.

Pretty scary if you asked me.