1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 1/21/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 20, 2022.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wood was 60% from 3.

Misses happen.

But 0-11 is inexcusable.

DeBeards likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets did not win any of the quarters in 2nd half.

The rotations were weird AF.

DeBeards likes this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its called SS - Silas Special!

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Silas still concerns me.

DeBeards likes this.
  5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Nah no need. I never said Green would be the primary ball handler. Your words. Your thoughts. Contrarian

6. NewAge

NewAge Member

I don't know why you feel that way but that's not true.

Anyone's "personal development" should be secondary to the main goal: winning games. When you try to win games with young players: that's what I call development. Developing winning habits.

KPJ has been instrumental in winning games.
    Jalen Green has been instrumental in losing games.

If you feel that KPJ is more featured, then that would be a good thing. The Rockets would be doing the right thing, if that was the case. It would be agonizing to watch only if you want the Rockets to lose or if you think losing culture is somehow good for "development".

Unfortunately, the truth is exactly the opposite of what you feel. By numbers KPJ and JG have roughly similar usage and are featured somewhat equally. To me that is agonizing to watch. JG should not be getting so much burn on the A-team. It feels that the season is being thrown away for the sake of Jalen Green's "development". I think he should be developing in the G-league it will be a more productive environment for him and will create a better morale for the main unit.

D-rock and Bobbythegreat like this.
  7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Clyde Drexler: “You think?”

DeBeards likes this.
  8. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

Lmao, like clock work

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

These 2 were the first and ONLY players you blamed.

Nevermind hyperbole, you are either ignorant or purposefully gaslighting yourself.

Again, misses happen but 0-11 is inexcusable.

DeBeards likes this.
  10. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

What are you supposed to nitpick he barely gets touches or minutes even when he doesnt have any fouls?

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. NewAge

NewAge Member

Regarding Sengun, Silas has gone with a strictly 1-big diet, so Sengun is getting only the non-Wood minutes. In that scheme he only plays when Wood sits, and for him to increase his minutes he would need to eat into Wood’s minutes, which is not ideal since Wood is good. At least Sengun is getting all the backup minutes and our prized FA acquisition (Theis) is getting zero.

However, the inability to devise a game-plan with Wood and Sengun together is a major deficiency. For ****’s sake J.B. Bickerstaff has found a way to play with 3 bigs and win. A good coach should be able to come up a system to utilize his more talented players. Why can’t Silas?

BigShasta, TimDuncanDonaut and D-rock like this.
  12. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Okay i see. You are trying to pick a fight. I already stated my opinion clearly so everything at this point is simply…picking a fight. Not sure where the hostility or emotions are coming from but if it’s your personal life projected onto a sports fans site then that’s not wanted or welcomed and really sad.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Maybe you just need to re-watch the game.

For the life of me I'm not sure how a reasonable person blames either Wood or Porter for this loss.

DeBeards likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its just goes to show the bias and brain malfunction of these people... these guys deserve silas...

prolly its not their fault i hear vaccines cause a lot of brain malfunctioning these days and doctors use them sparingly NOT...(or perhaps its the lack of oxygen due to masking regulation?)

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

Tfor3 and DeBeards like this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

how about we try a NO Silas diet?
    it doesnt cost anything to try...or OR, call me insane, but how about we send silas to g league and see if he can improve vipers any?

oh yeah baby! let him earn these minutes

lololol i bet you any money hed make them lose all games and people would call for getting him a fair chance and a couple of years more....

i get it its a race thing and black coaches should get more chances and black people should stick together, but man we are held hostages to this moron....i am sure there is a plenty of black coaches who are very sharp...this mother****er is as limited as it gets...

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

Tfor3 and D-rock like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hey silas apologists, enablers of massive losing, and dumb coaching, who pretend to care about the rockets, where are you?

hey look! alperen sengun averages 1 personal foul over last 4 games?

but still gets only crumbles of playing time?

and you told me only when he learns not to foul hell get a lot of playing time...hmmmm

oh it doesnt work that way doesnt it?

WELL I TOLD YOU!

THE NEXT TIME he is in 'foul trouble' dont get me that bs line again...
    thank you
    respectfully yours
    [​IMG]

BigShasta likes this.
  19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I understand your pain but right now we are gathering assets so we can be set for a decade. Do you want to trade our young stars for a 3rd tier all-star like Ben Simmons, Derozan or Harden just to be an 8th seed? Stop being inpatient. Next season I will be on your side

catarax05 likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harden had Rockets in top 3 of highly competitive West season after season after season.

Harden and 8th seed was a really bad example.

DeBeards and hakeem94 like this.