1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 1/21/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 20, 2022.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Comparing the 2 is stupid. Both play different positions no matter how much you wish otherwise.

Green is not a PG.

Thank god even Silas can see that.

NewAge and Bobbythegreat like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yesterday's news.

Jalen lost the game last night.

All he had to do was play mediocre instead of garbage and Rockets win EASILY.

3. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I never said he would be the primary ball handler or pg. Much like how Kings can’t play Fox and Heild together certain types of players compliment each other and have a synergy. I have advocated for them to play Nix if they want to experiment and that is a direction they could take but they chose to commit to KPJ so here we are. My comments specifically was about Green playing alongside KPJ limits his playmaking possibilities and Wood further compounds this issue. KPJ dominates the ball often over dribbling and not attacking to create open players. He often plays a two man game with Wood leaving Green out of the picture. Your statistics you cited are for 2 games and not the whole body of work. And you assume that Green would turn the ball over 10 times not sure where you calculated that figure from. I am simply advocating that Green needs a more defensive minded and shooting PG that doesn’t dominate the ball allowing him to orchestrate the offense. Right now he is deferring to the two vets. It just looks out of synch. But hey your opinion MY opinion. No need to get into some online battle with trigger words and name calling.

4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Never said he was a pg did I?

5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Blaming one player makes no sense and I thank God you aren’t a Rocket team mate or professional player

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hate Wood and KPJ all you like but these 2 were the main reasons why Rockets even had chance to beat 2nd best team in the West.

Truth matters.

DeBeards and DreamShook like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

THIS coming from the guy who blames KPJ and Wood for EVERYTHING.

You are delusional.

Jalen sucked last night, he will do better, but facts are facts.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. NewAge

NewAge Member

... or not play in the 4th qtr!
    Which technically means that Silas lost the game last night.
    Or, if Silas was feeling heat from mgmt after the Utah 4th qtr benching: then whoever (Stone) was pressuring him to play Green.

D-rock likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

10. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I never said everything either. Your words. Hyperbole. I have simply criticized them for what they have produced on the court having had a few seasons of playing and supposed leaders of this team. Matthews could have hit that late three according to your simple logic. Again I am very happy you are not a professional player or coach.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

He needs to get stronger because when his jumper is no bueno he is easily defended.

12. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Of course they did as well as the whole team for this game. Doesn’t excuse their level of inconsistency and lack of focus and effort for the whole year. Again you have a habit of putting words in my mouth. I never used the word hate or anything like that in my posts. I just don’t think they are good players or have character based on their play this season, statistics, and their documented track record. Agree with me or not does not matter to me but again the aggressive bull$hit tone and accusations are really getting old.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

To be fair, when JC checks in he doesn't come out. He checked in the the 4th. If Silas didn't put in Green he would still be playing now. When EG is traded JC will be in winning time minutes.

DeBeards, NewAge and D-rock like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wrong thread to criticize them bud.

KPJ, Wood as well as GM, Jaygup and KJ - ALL played out of their minds this game and played well enough to win.

Jalen did not.

15. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Found this gem of a video, it’s coach Lucas working with Matthews at practice today:

#1175 sirjesse, Jan 22, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    DeBeards, Os Trigonum and D-rock like this.
  16. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Its a game thread with opinions free for all Bud.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You just claimed that KPJ was holding Green back because KPJ is the PG and primary ball handler and if KPJ wasn't there, Green would be.....and you were saying that would be a good thing for Green.

I get that you have to walk that back now because I pointed out how stupid that was, but you can't pretend like you didn't say it at all.

It seems you are upset that KPJ playing well as the primary ball handler takes away from Green....but Green isn't a primary ball handler, he isn't capable of "orchestrating the offense"...so it's extremely weird that is what you seem to be asking for. When that has been tried, it's been embarrassingly bad.

Honestly this is my main problem with delusional Jalen Green fans, you guys don't seem to understand that he's not a good player right now. He's a super raw prospect that has the physical gifts to potentially be a good player one day, but he's not a starter quality player right now.....and it's no one else's fault.

The old Lin fan complaint was that Harden was "usurping his role" and that's exactly the argument you are trying to make right now.....and it's every bit as ridiculous.

KPJ is the PG, Green is a traditional SG. They are complimentary pieces.....or they will be if Green ever learns how to play the game.

D-rock likes this.
  18. MystikArkitect

This entire season feels like the KPJ development tour. And I agree as well. Green has a lot of issues he needs to work on but his development (and Sengun's) seems to be secondary to Kevin Porter Jr. It's agonizing to watch.

hakeem94, Stephen_A and Joe Rocket like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

LMAO

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You know the guy who is absolutely NOT to blame for the loss though? The player who was 0-11 from the field who is the worst defender on the team.

Clearly it starts with the guys who were 7-13 for 19 points 2 steals and 2 rebounds and the guy who was 6-14 for 17 points 8 rebounds and 4 steals

This is a reasonable take

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.