1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 1/21/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 20, 2022.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yep, but i wouldn't mind Alpi traded to them tho... the kid deserves greatness... i am a rockets only fan but still first of all i am a fan of the game of basketball and the world deserves players like alperen who are being benched here and not given chance IN THE TANKING SEASON FOR GODS SAKE..cant be dumber than that...just cant be...
    [​IMG]

making a mistake with trading away cp3 was ok... its understadable alghough its dumb...he wasnt looking right in the 2nd season.. BUT THIS, THIS IS DESERVING OF BASKETBALL HELL

2. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Not nitpicking. Criticizing their decision making in a critical time is not nitpicking. It illustrates who these players are, which has been evidenced by their level of play all year. There is a fine line between winning and losing sometimes. If they want to to win they can’t make those types of decisions in those moments which is my point.

3. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

This is my point exactly. Bad teams find a way to lose. It all starts with the vets KPJ and Wood. Supposed leaders of this team who threw a tantrum couple weeks ago. Who consistently make bad decisions. It starts with these two.

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I wouldnt be concerned i am kinda jalen green hater but recently i see a lot of potential in him... he could be a special player...i saw him having no trouble getting to the rim with ease and effortlessly...and getting by people like its nothing... he could be special no doubt...i hope we get him in touch with some real coaches and mentors

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

BWHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Sengun himself has stated in interviews that he is working on conditioning and not used to the NBA schedule.

So you want to trade him to the Warriors for that?

7. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I think KPJ is stunting Green’s development. These two players need the ball in their hands. KPJ isn’t a pure pg and makes a lot of bad decisions. Instead of attacking to make plays and create offense he dribbles for 5-6 sec before dumping to Wood who then dribbles on top of the key on a 1-1 matchup taking another 5 seconds. How many times have you seen plays wasted on these two motions that go nowhere. Green meanwhile is completely out of the play usually in the corner. There seems to be a logjam and Green isn’t necessarily getting the touches with such a lack of flow in the offense. If Green is to thrive he needs the ball in his hands and a true PG. i really like Nix and want to see what he can do with Green. The KPJ experiment is futile in my mind. He is a reclaimation project not a blue chip prospect like green. The offense just looks so much out of synch with this back court.

MystikArkitect likes this.
  8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Yes.... I agree with this. Well said.

Stephen_A likes this.
  9. NewAge

NewAge Member

Me too!!

….. in the G-league

Stephen_A likes this.
  10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Characterizing KPJ as a vet that is supposed to keep all the youngsters playing within the construct of the game is ridiculous. He is 21, this is his first time as full-time PG and is stuck with a center that can’t execute a pick. You seem to be blind to his improvement since the “incident”. You’ve made up your mind that he is a bad player and cancer and needs to go. Thank God, our FO is more patient and thoughtful with decisions.

11. pdking5000

pdking5000 Member

Green is looking like a bust so far.

Ghost5Horse6 likes this.
  12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

If you're not enjoying the bumpy ride, stop watching, or stop whining. No one expected us to be competitive, but we are, until we get rattled or make rookie mistakes. As expected in a young team. Making bad decisions, whether in crunch time or a blowout, is part of these kids growing and learning.

I'm as disappointed in the loss as the next guy, but you can't be unhappy with the way we gave these ****ers all they could handle.

The future is bright.

joshuaao and Plowman like this.
  13. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

To be honest it looks like Green has been holding back and deferring to KPJ and Wood all year. And Green is in a difficult situation playing behind those two instead of running his own team. And when you see those two leaders or vets act up couple weeks ago considering their character history the question is are these the players you want around to help mentor and raise the level of play of Green? You look at a player like Morant who came in and ran that team his rookie year. His job duties snd expectations were clear. Green is in a bind playing behind these two who vie for touches each game. I do think Green is a little lost in his role and adapting to playing behind these two but it has hindered him a bit as a tertiary playmaker. He is finding his way. But I can’t see KPJ and Wood as the future of this team and believe those reigns should be handed over.

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

well if youre a professional basketball team and you have the MVP of third best professional league in the world for more than a half a year on your roster, and you cant get even get his conditioning right(WHAT!?) ...than youre even more incompetent that it can be put in words and dont deserve to hold that player...

1. you cant teach good players to set good screens FOR ****S SAKE?!!
    2. cant teach good players to shoot?(and youre a god damn 3pt shooting team!!)
    3. you also cant get their conditioning right?

then what IN THE WORLD YOURE GOOD FOR?
    [​IMG]

yes send him to san Francisco to get his conditioning right you FREAKING MORONS, YOU DUMB****S!

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, I do love the narrative that pops up every time KPJ has a good game and Jalen Green kills the team by being the worst player on the court. Somehow it always has to be someone else's fault.

It can't be that Jalen Green just isn't a very good player right now, it has to be that someone else is causing him to not be able to hit any shots.

It's bad that the guy with 8 assists and 1 turnover handles the ball instead of the rookie who averages more turnovers than assists.

We need the guy with the worst eFG% currently with the team (House and Garuba technically behind him) handling the ball more.....because reasons.

Seriously, just give it up. No one is mistreating Jalen Green, he doesn't even deserve the starts and the minutes he currently gets. He could one day be a decent player, but his absolute trash right now.

NewAge likes this.
  16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Trae Young looked like a big bust his rookie seaon

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

I was at the game. Big props to the Rockets fans sitting behind me. You guys were just as entertaining as the game. Warriors fans were so confused when you guys were yelling washed at Curry.

As far as the Warriors are concerned I see real problems for them come playoff time if they don’t secure a big and maybe another bench scorer. If either Poole or Curry aren’t on fire they will not win the game. They’re need for a big was already an issue but they are even thinner than we are at the 4-5. If our guys had better handles we would have had a layup drill against the Warriors. There were a couple of times when they had Curry guarding KJ and we went elsewhere but him cutting to the basket and or posting him up was open every time. Wood makes sense for them.

On a weird note after going 20-0 while attending Rockets games against the Warriors we now have lost 3 in a row with me in attendance.

joshuaao, NewAge and hakeem94 like this.
  18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Did i say he was a bad player? Have i said he hasn’t shown flashes of improvement? Or were those your words? I have written extensively that both he and Woods have documented character issues and he makes a lot of mental mistakes. I have praised his athletic ability but frustrated with his decision making all year which is a large part of why this team has not excelled. I do not think he is a starter in this league. I have criticized his lack of consistency. I have been very specific in my criticism of him. I never said playing within any construct those again are your words. I simply said that he is a vet and a leader on this team as a player who is part of the main focus in this offense and it is critical for him to lead Green and this team with a higher level of play. You agreeing with me or not doesn’t matter to me. But don’t assume accuse or put words in my mouth.

19. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

If Green doesn't make a big leap next year, there are going to be Jalen Green bust threads everyday.

20. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

You are correct. This team isn’t good and I have no expectations. But I do criticize Wood and KPJ. Wood isn’t a spring chicken and KPJ is in his 3rd season. And these two are expected to lead and be the future. The frustration with me comes from the inconsistent effort of these two “leaders” and consistent bone headed plays and selfishness which has been a part of their history. Overall the team plays great but that game could’ve been won but those two did not will this team to a win in a game where we played great D against Curry. This is the disappointment and frustration.