1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

//Scientists// DNA Testing for Genetic Background

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Honey Bear, Jul 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Excellent site. I'm only interested in ancestral info and will order 3-4 separate tests.

One mtDNA, one for male Y-DNA, paternal line, and one comprehensive genome. I don't understand the difference between 37 and 67 marker matches, FMS matches, haplogroups, etc. but I'm sure the genomics research center will elaborate.

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We did this, always told that my father's mother was Sac n Fox tribe, turns out.....not so much, we are completely Viking lands.

I don't have the heart to tell my dad.

DD

Xerobull likes this.
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Same with my wife. Her dad swore up and down he’s 1/8 Cherokee. Nope. Her aunt by marriage built a million dollar teaching/consulting of low income kids empire based on the assumption that her husband (wife’s dads brother) was part Native American.

I was hoping for some shading in my past but nope, 99% Northern Europe. Boring.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Elizabeth Warren faints

Invisible Fan likes this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I always suspected she was a serial killer.