1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green 4th quarter minutes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jan 9, 2022.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, it is the joke of the ignorant and stupid and it is offensive - I support a play style over a racial profile. Now go contribute to this site mooch!

DD

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This site has been based on voluntary payments for years. Rightfully so.

You have no clue about the financial situations of each and everyone.

Get a room and fight it out!

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I like him because he is a 7 footer who can shoot and put the ball on the floor.

He was a STUD at Vanderbilt and could be a very good NBA player.

However, the NBA is all about where you are and how you fit in with your team, heck look at Moochie for evidence of that.

Langhi fit in when Hakeem was here, now, I am not so sure that he fits with this guard oriented team.

I would still play Langhi over Walt and let the cards fall where they may, but Rudy has one major fault and that is his loyalty to veteran players.

Sometimes Rudy waits to long to try new combinations.

DaDakota

I'm not sure ignorant is the correct term big boy. I have seen you post this about many many white players. If you don't want to joke around about it and try to make it personal that's cool I can do that. You sound like a f'ing idiot on many of your takes. When it comes to white guys you almost ALWAYS think they have a chance at true stardom that they in fact don't have. White knight away though I think it's hilarious.

4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Green gets a little tired, defensive liability reasons, recent back to backs and travel jet lag have taken its toll.

I've said the same about Sengun.

I'm an equal opportunity offender

i3artow i3aller and cmoak1982 like this.
  5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Guess again.

I am criticizing people with illegitimate arguments.

People want Green to average 20 ppg.. To get there, Green needs to play 40 mpg, which is flat out insane.

Say the average NBA starter plays 36 mpg (which is really top of the range), will that be a meaningful difference in Green's development versus the 30 mpg he is now averaging? I strongly say no.

Other people want Green to play less rookie-like. Green has played 26 NBA games and looks like it. If you want Green to look like he played 100 NBA game, guess what? You will have to wait.

Other people complain that Green is not getting better on D. I will go as far as to say that Green does not play D and when he is on the court it is 5 against 4 on D. Green is easily a year away from playing acceptable below average NBA D.

Even more more people want to fire the coach ... for what is conflicting reasons like playing the rookies more or winning more games or playing KPJ at point to see if he can develop there or playing KPJ at any position besides point or etc.

The Rocket product is very hard to watch, but this is exactly what a full rebuild looks like.

bj3175 and DaDakota like this.
  6. DaDakota

You had to dig so far back to Dan Langhi, skipping Yao Ming, Aaron Brooks, Von Wafer, Vspan, Dmo, Battier - so many other players? And, reading and context are clearly not your thing, a lot of players I like I believe can fit a role in a winning system.

I like players that play smart basketball, guys who move off the ball, guys who cut, pass, set screens, play the cerebral game, I am not a super big fan of 1v1 players because they ultimately fall apart in the playoffs more often than not, even our own great Hakeem had to learn to pass the ball to the wide open teamate to win.

I also see the game very differently than most apparently - that's ok....not everyone enjoys the same style of ball I do.....the smarter kind, some just want to see a slam dunk on another player - I prefer a backcut.

What I don't like is being called racist, or having it implied. I don't find that funny. If I came across too strong or as a dick - my apologies....that just bugs me.

DD

#106 DaDakota, Jan 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. NewAge

NewAge Member

ooookkkkkeeeeeyyyy? Aaaaaaand……???
    What happened to the "gut feeling’ and the "delicate balance"?
    Why put him in against GSW when Josh was balling?

I mean I hate Utah as much as anyone, but I also hate GSW. Why throw the game like that? Did Stone intervene after the Utah game?

This organization is garbage right now. Our roster is full of young and impressionable talent. What is the message to them? What are the lessons?
    Wins don’t matter. Hard work and progress don’t matter for playing time. We’ll promote players for political/marketing reasons and we’ll throw games.
    disgusting!

GotGame15 likes this.
  9. JW86

JW86 Member

He should be allowed to learn, trial and error.

10. NewAge

NewAge Member

… in the G-league

GotGame15 and palmsnbananas like this.
  11. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Jalen Green’s fire was not showing at all last game. Everybody else’s level was great, oh well I’ll take the loss for the lottery pick. Hopefully we can grab a player with a killer mentality.

GotGame15 and palmsnbananas like this.
  12. bj3175

bj3175 Member

There are no shortcuts. Green will be fine.

i3artow i3aller and No Worries like this.
  13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

No amount of killer mentality will prevent you from getting blocked when you just stupidly straightline drive on every possession. It's a skill/experience/decision making issue.

If anything I was surprised he grabbed two offensive rebounds to keep us in the game in the 4th.

GotGame15 and Bo6 like this.
  14. Bo6

Bo6 Member

i disagree about effort. he grabbed a couple key boards late in the game and played decent d.

he was just complete ass on offense. i think christopher should have finished the game.

GotGame15, dragonwill and NewAge like this.
  15. DaDakota

I hate that we play him when he is hurting the team, we should be playing the best man that night, players should earn their time, and right now Christopher is playing better than Green.

The best way for a coach to lose the team is to play players management WANTS them to play over players that have EARNED that time.

Green right now, should not even be starting.

DD

Bo6, Dobbizzle and NewAge like this.
  16. JW86

JW86 Member

Makes sense someone with that name would make such a statement.

17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I thought he played his best game defensively. Not great, but definitely competent. Even shut down Curry a couple of times. He is improving in most every aspect of the game, except shooting. We all knew his lack of muscle was going to be an issue this year. This off-season it is critical he beef up.

18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I don’t care if he starts or not. We are not trying to win. Green and Jaygup need the minutes and that is why Gordon needs to go as great as he has been.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He lacks a bag in between dunks and 3 point shots. All I see him train is spot up 3's.

When you draft a player with no experienced basketball family mentors you run this risk. Now he's going to listen to these celebrity flashy trainers or old head trainers on how to ruin your shot and they don't even work on his weakness.

His best bet is to link with Ja Morant's father this summer and do those backyard concrete workouts.

20. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Just like KPJ, Green would greatly benefit from a floater and a stop and pop game. He can’t just be a 3 pt shooter and straight drive guy. I see no evidence that he is not willing to work hard on his game. I think he will develop physically this summer and by mid-season next year he will turn it on offensively.