1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The UFC thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by dragician, Oct 26, 2013.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think I’ll name him Gus

2. Fantasma Negro

Woooooooooow!!!

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Amanda didn't look right...she didn't look mentally checked in to this fight.

4. what

what Member

I had a feeling Amanda was primed to get shook and she did.

5. what

what Member

Pena was timing her beautifully and nunez could not get in without getting hit and once she was rocked her fundamentals went south just like rhonda with holly holms

JayGoogle likes this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, I guess those punches had to hurt her a lot more than I could tell. She's usually such a bully it was just surprising to see her lose and still very much in her prime. But it's MMA, eventually someone was gonna get her.

7. Fantasma Negro

May have been an issue with the weight cut. She's not a natural bantamweight

JayGoogle likes this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Anybody getting a WWE vibe from that?

Nunez stopped defending, was taking a endless punches standing like a statue in front of her, goes down, taps without the choke being under the chin or locked in tight

Then looks like she doesn’t care at all that she lost and is all smiles afterwards

Dana paid her good to roll over before she retires to prop up the new great women fighter

9. Fantasma Negro

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Maybe his next fight he won't be the underdog?

11. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

That was a great win for Oliveira and that first round was amazing.

Dustin's closed guard because he didn't want to fall into a worst position caused him to take a ton of damage and that's a big weakness to his game.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  12. what

what Member

Pena's face says a different story. The point is everyone has a plan until they get hit in the mouth.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Charles is one of my favorite fighters to watch but man...he runs into a lot of punches sometimes. If his chin holds up though he's going to have an impressive run through a tough division too.

14. what

what Member

I think it is now fair to aak, who's run was better? Rousey's or Nunez.
    People crowned Nunez the goat, but the quality of her opponents vs Rousey's is lacking bigtime and she did duck pena for years and was taking on inferior opponents. Whereas rousey ran through a gauntlet of opponents.

JayGoogle likes this.
  15. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Agreed about the damage. I've been surprise by his standup (willingness and improvement) since he's moved to 155. His willingness to stand and trade is exciting but almost got him knocked out two fights in a row.

The broadcast team was right about his tools being more varied and technical than Dustin, but the power difference was apparent also.

Oliveira vs Justin is going to be a great match. Justin's ground game looked terrible versus Khabib (but who doesnt lol). it'll all depend on if the fight stays standing or on the ground.

I'd love to see a rematch of Holloway (moving up) vs Oliveira if both continue to win their next fight or 2.

JayGoogle likes this.
  16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

What is going on?

17. jacoby

jacoby Member

Angles and lighting. He doesn't look much different to me.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Hard to look menacing when you're making this pose

[​IMG]

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Why don't I care about a ufc hw championship fight? I should be hyped but I'm in the meh zone... like I'm not sure I'll watch it for free.

Anyone else with a major loss of mma interest?

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Naw man I'm excited, this is a seriously good matchup, and the co-main is all but a guaranteed banger.

What I can say is, the sport doesn't get a lot of hype for my circle, I don't have friends who are interested in it, there's nobody to watch with or talk about it with. Which is fine I'm cool with enjoying it myself, but enjoying it with friends is always a lot better.