1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How does RT feel about Cato?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bingo, Jul 7, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Bingo

Bingo Member

I know every person imaginable in this city thinks Kelvin Cato is the anti-Christ, damning our team to years of cap space waste. But how do the Rockets officially feel about Cato, I wonder does Rudy still feel he has potential and hasn't become the player he's supposed to be? Do they still believe in him? Or do they see it our way?

------------------
    Mr. President. No man thinks more highly than I of three legged cows. They deserve to live. On my own part, I consider it as nothing less than a question of reason. Cows with three legs are good. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth : three-legged cows are better. They are better because the meat on them is better. The steaks are more tender. Three-legged cows tend not to wander as much. These cows could be the symbol of our country. The world would look upon us with great respect. They will want our cows and pay good money for them. The cows could symbolize freedom and hard work and three legs are better than four. They are meant for us; they can be meant for no other.

2. Lewie221

Lewie221 Member

They see it our way and are trying to trade him to the Bulls for a bag of Fritos. The Bulls are unwilling to give up that much, needing all the food they can get for2 reasons, 1 because Curry is a lard ass, and 2 because Chandler is too damn skinny.

------------------
    The Rockets Championship in 2001...Be-Steve-it

3. SteveFrancis3

SteveFrancis3 Contributing Member

Rudy still views Cato as a player with a lot of potential. He has said that he wouldn't give Cato up for practically nothing. Rudy would want something good in return.

4. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Rudy wants something in return but it is obvious that since about 75% of reliable trade rumors seem to surround Cato in some way, the Rockets have his bags packed.

------------------

5. Greg#3

Greg#3 Member

Clearing up all of that cap space would be good enough for me and probably Rudy too.

------------------
    President of the Eddie Griffin fan club.

[This message has been edited by Greg#3 (edited July 07, 2001).]

6. silent j

silent j Member

I actually heard Rudy say that Cato can't be judged by his time with the Rockets since he hasn't been healthy long enough to show his true potential.
    But what's he going to say in an interview, "this guy is injury prone and the first chance we get, we'll trade him"?
    j

------------------
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

7. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Contributing Member

Yeah, hangnails are debilitating and tough to play through!! [​IMG]

8. win14me

win14me Contributing Member

I agree that the only reason Cato is still around is that we have too much money tied up in him. I wish he could look good in preseason and we could get someone to take him based on that, afterall, that was the basis for his current contract.

------------------