1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Houston Rockets have been searching market for ‘franchise centerpiece-worthy player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jan 20, 2022.

1. kkthksbai

kkthksbai Member

Would hate to lose Tate and Jaygup but a big 3 of Zion, KPJ and JG featuring Sengun would be awesome.

2. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

Zion's been forcing his way to the Knicks ever since they lost the lottery back in 2019.

roslolian and hakeem94 like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he should come here for coach silas to develop his game... i wonder why players dont flock here already because silas developed curry and lebron and set up the best offensive system in dallas as well

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Do not be naive, he was on the developing team, one of several.

He helped but never had to shoulder real responsibility.

5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hear ya, but just because he's available, doesn't mean we should...I don't think Zion fits our risk profile right now. We need to evaluate all options, absolutely... Remember, we have time and ammo on our side...

roslolian likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you call it coincidence i call it destiny...it cant be coincidence silas coached both curry and lebron and they talk positively about him... he must be doing things right otherwise why would they endorse him?

btw i hear westbrook is available... he can be a good franchise player...what pick he was again? top 2 pick?

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Nonsense. Go ahead and combine this thread with the trading for Westbrook thread.

;)

kkthksbai, Roxfan4lyfe and Nook like this.
  8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

Truth is unless we can get 2-3 of them right now, I'd rather pass on all of them and keep building through the draft.

roslolian and Easy like this.
  9. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Don't we see evidence *right now* of the risk of building through the draft with this team? If you miss on a top 2 pick, you are absolutely screwed.

D-rock and NewAge like this.
  10. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Why? You just try again

roslolian likes this.
  11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

detroit didn’t miss
    Cleveland didn’t miss
    Toronto didn’t miss
    We may not have missed but it’s definitely less of a sure thing than those others.

if we do miss it’s because Stone is nota good enough GM

Mr Woods and D-rock like this.
  12. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Hitting on 6th, 7th players in the rotation is great, but you cripple your franchise if you whiff in the lottery. So far, it's not looking good.

Nook and D-rock like this.
  13. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I think its time to pull the trigger what young assets/picks you can afford, and you have try to find that franchise players. I try to find that player now and maybe wait on Jalen Green/Segun.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Based on what? Green is playing ok for a 19 yr old and one of the youngest players in his draft class.

Most prospects his age cant even get on the court see Primo, JT Thor, Kuminga etc If you look at his performance so far Green is on par with much hyped Cade Cunningham and thats with less touches and playing out of position without a pg.

Maybe the Rox didnt get the BPA but its not like they whiffed and got a bust wtf. Look at Suggs in Orlando now thats an example of whiffing on your pick not Green smh.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

The best way to find that franchise player is thru the draft. Thats where guys like Lebron, KD, Harden etc all came from.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Cleveland been missing for decades they're the living testament you can build thru the draft even if you're the dumbest FO ever as long as you keep getting chances.

Cleveland didnt miss really? Ok lets just forget all about Anthony Bennett, Luke Jackson, Desegana Diop, Dion Waiters, Tristan Thompson etc.

Mr Woods, D-rock, Zen Tabak and 2 others like this.
  17. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Dang. Truth hurts but its way too early. We have no idea how these careers of the last draft class will turn out.

Also, Rockets will be right back in the top 10 next draft.

Fool me once Stone.

D-rock likes this.
  18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Teams that are willing to trade you their franchise player:

1. their franchise player is dis gruntled, forcing his way out, or
    2. their franchise player isn't leading them anywhere, or
    3. their franchise player is getting old and starting to decline.

You don't want to trade your future assets for #2 and #3 unless you already have a franchise player to build around, which we don't.

#1 happens once every few years but the said franchise player typically has some say in where he wants to go. Houston is not an attractive destination for these guys, at least not now.

D-rock likes this.
  19. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Which category did Harden fall into when we traded for him?

D-rock likes this.
  20. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

We did though. Any scout who ranked Green over Mobley should be fired on the spot. Eat crow.

D-rock likes this.