1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Investigating who betrayed Anne Frank and her family to the Nazis

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Deckard, Jan 16, 2022.

1. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

That is not a fair question. The answer is, it depends. There are so many assumptions you are making, and the reality of that situation is so chaotic there is no way to rationally answer such a question sitting at your keyboard.

The reason it's important to understand who did it is because, as the cliche goes, "history repeats itself." What were the conditions where humans start selling each other out? Those conditions are often manufactured and it's important to understand how those in power manipulate it's citizens. It would be interesting to know that person's story, in context, to help other people avoid that trap in the future.

As the prosecutor for the Amhad Arbury trial stated, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions". Those guys that killed Amhad thought they were doing a good deed. It's easy as an outsider to shame them to what seems so obvious but in their own mind, they were heroes. It's good to tell such stories that good intentions don't always result in good outcomes.

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Is this an attempt at a joke?

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Betrayal of Anne Frank and her family to the Nazis by the Coward Robert Ford

In Theaters 2024

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  4. leroy

You mean Ted Cruz?

[​IMG]

jo mama and rocketsjudoka like this.
  5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  6. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

No attempts. Straight facts playa.

[​IMG]

7. leroy

Ok then. I'm assuming you get the difference in saying "A Jewish person did this" and "the Jews did this", right? Or maybe you meant exactly what you said and seem to have a problem with Jewish people. To that I say kindly go f*** yourself.

8. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Lol. You can put me on ignore, it'll be OK . Trust me. I'm about to do the same for you.

9. leroy

I can also call you an anti-Semitic d**kless s**tbag.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Do you think you are being amusing? You are not. You come across as a one of those unthinking bigots who say incredibly offensive things with as much thought as they put into getting their car washed.

Unlike countries like Belgium and France, the great majority of the Jewish population in the Netherlands, 85%, had been in the country for hundreds of years. For at least 150 years, they had had the same rights as the non-Jewish population. When the occupying German authorities began taking measures against Dutch Jews, there were protests in October and November of 1940.

As those measures worsened in February, 1941, there was a general strike in Amsterdam and the surrounding area in protest that quickly spread. Violent measures were taken to end it, but it shocked the German occupiers. Instead of publicly rounding up Jews in large numbers, they began covertly arresting them. Many, like the Franks, hid as best they could, with the Nazi’s often using what could be described as diabolical methods to ferret them out. There is a lot of this information at the Anne Frank House, and online at annefrank.org.

Eventually, well over one hundred thousand Dutch Jews were rounded up and send to Auschwitz and Sobibor to be exterminated in an operation controlled by the Nazis. An older cousin of my significant other, a young man back then, was arrested attempting to get to Switzerland, caught at the Swiss border, and with typical efficiency, sent back to the Netherlands and put in a prison camp, Kamp Amersfoort, now a national monument. Her cousin took us there. Little is left. A single watch tower, an embankment he said some were stood in front of and shot, something he witnessed. We met him during a trip in the early 1980’s.

There is nothing remotely amusing about any of this.

11. Buck Turgidson

You're black, I assume, because that's why you dislike the Jewish race? That would make sense for several reasons.

See, I can play your silly nonsense racist games too.

[and boom! off to the D&D]

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah this was probably D&D bound at some point...

That it very well might be a Jewish person who sold out the Franks is surprising but given the environment then and the ruthlessness of the Nazis there are likely many stories of Jewish people, Roma and others who were targeted by the Nazis selling each other out.

Honestly it's easy from the safety and comfort that we have more than 70 years removed from it that we can condemn the man who sold them out. I doubt anyone knows for sure how they would act if the choice was sell out someone else or see not only yourself but also your family die horribly.

13. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Slightly off subject. I saw this little bit of trivia today: the year Anne Frank was born…..Betty White was seven years old.

Deckard likes this.
  14. leroy

This isn't the first time posts/posters like this have been allowed to spew this crap unscathed. It's disappointing. That idiot isn't going to read your post.

Buck Turgidson and Deckard like this.