1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

We will continue to disagree.

Everybody can write checks Tilman can't or doesn't want to write.....

Everybody here can muster up the strength and endurance that Sengun lacks
    at this level. Because Sengun was wearing down at 20 games.....took 7 games
    off and has recharged his batteries in a sense.....does not mean he is out of the woods.

About 35 plus games to go. As if Sengun is playing back to back seasons
    in Turkey without much of a break separating the two seasons.

You are in Egypt.....in DaNile not believing that all the rookies are gassed
    about now. Get over it.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'll stick with my slant, thank you very much. Alpi needs better physical conditioning right now more than he needs 5 extra minutes. I'm a Rockets fan, so I remember the same **** being paraded around back with Yao too, won't fall for it this time either. There's no conspiracy. The GM, coach and player all seem to be in agreement his fitness is materially bad. You're literally writing up a made up reason to be annoyed, you shouldn't be surprised that few - including Alpi - want to participate in it.

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Did u watch the Jazz game? Sengun fell over the floor in one possession cause he was getting drain guarding Gobert

Man seriously needs to learn how to pace himself

Dobbizzle and DaDakota like this.
  4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Rockets in general make every opposing big look like an
    offensive juggernaut. Even the offensively challenged
    Gobert scored over 20 points.

It's a defensive switching thing.

5. TimDuncanDonaut

When Sengun matched against Gobert, at least he didn't abandon the assignment. Gobert got a good chunk of his 20, when Wood was on the court. Problem was Wood didn't defend Gobert. It was Tate, KPJ, Garrison, pretty much everyone but Wood.

How much of that is Wood, and how much of that is Silas telling Wood, I don't know. If the logic was for Wood's long arms to bother Jazz's permitter player, then what was Silas' plan when the said permitter player passes to Gobert. Or someone other Jazz attempts to score and Gobert for the rebound.

aaquaa likes this.
  6. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Seems like the strategy worked. The announcers had it right, Gobert is a poor post player. If he doesn’t get the seal early on or is left alone on the PnR he is very poor at finishing. Not taking up for Wood, but I do think this was a Silas decision, and, for once he got it right. KPJ, Gordan, and Tate all had turns getting beat by Gobert, but they also had times where they absolutely bullied him down low.

7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Gobert has scored over 20 in 12 games this season and average 16 points a game. The Rockets do not defend bigs well, but in the team concept their defensive performance and strategy worked pretty well. Gobert got his, but they made him work for it. That being said, Wood still sucks at defense and team offense. He needs to go.

AlperenSengun and cmoak1982 like this.
  8. TimDuncanDonaut

Gobert got what he wanted. 9 of 13

It was the ridiculous 3pt shooting by the Rockets on the other end that won us the game. And when team wins; the defensive problem is swept under the rug.

So Garrison and KPJ can bully Rudy more than Wood. What does this say about our starting center.

#928 TimDuncanDonaut, Jan 20, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    AlperenSengun likes this.
  9. verysimplejason

Alperen needs to add more muscles especially in his legs. I always feel some "rawness" in how he moves.

aaquaa and AlperenSengun like this.
  10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

It says he sucks. I want him out of here in the worst way. At the start of the season I was wait and see. His lack of progress at PnR and defense has really tanked his value and he is hurting our re-build at this point. It was just our 3 ptrs that won the game, it was also our defensive energy and lack of turnovers as well. All in all, it was a really good team game for us last night. Wood was definitely the outlier although he still had some good offensive moments. Last night really gives me hope, but made me nervous that we might just win our way out of a top 5 pick, which would be disastrous in my opinion.

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he just needs to add some cash to silas overseas account and hell be fine

jacoby likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

13. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

Turkish boot licker? That's racist.
    So,
    [​IMG]

cmoak1982 likes this.
  14. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

She had some Turkish friends?

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sengun needs to learn pacing, he hustles so much that he tuckers out and draws needless fouls......

Meanwhile Wood never hustles and can play all game.....somewhere between the two I think is where Al P should be.

DD

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

wow its like he saved the world...but i guess he was so terrible that every little thing makes it looking better now....for gods sake its just a dunk or layup in transition... any scrub like brewer or whomever can do it sometimes.... silas didnt developed this...he had it in his bag before...if anything silas could be blamed for not enabling this more to give him more confidence instead of just chucking up shots early in the shotclock (he must have learned it from ego)
    [​IMG]

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

ah if only he had somebody to advise him and teach him that...it should be called coach or something...wake me up when they invent the damn thing....because i hate coachless basketball!
    [​IMG]

aaquaa likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nah, he just needs to throw couple more soups silus and locust way...they will love him more, give him more PT and learning will happen of itself...its called coachless coaching

20. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

[​IMG]