1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Gioan Baotixita

Every time I read one of your takes about Covid, I have to palm my face and shake my head. You cannot be this stupid can you?

This is what happened when you are a true believer in Vaccines or bust. It kills off all of your braincells.

#11741 Gioan Baotixita, Jan 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
  2. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Mojoman makes a post insinuating that Omicron is all hype.
    I respond with hospital rates are climbing dramatically.
    You respond with a "whataboutism" and change the subject?

cheke64 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As a person who steps outside everyday
    I have observed that younger people don't care
    and people are vacationing like it's fantasy island week

A bunch of teenagers running over other teenagers to see some dude mumble and autotune is reality

yes people are spreading the virus, vaccinated or non vaccinated. it's not because they watch political news on cable tv
    it's because they don't care

the people who should care are old people and fat people
    the young skinny kids just want weed(if sold in their state) and alcohol

large gatherings of unmasked people not socially distancing?

#11743 tinman, Jan 20, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

5. AB

AB Contributing Member

Nope.. but we now have the vaccine that would take care of the main reasons to flatten the curve:)

6. Gioan Baotixita

Hang in there man, February is around the corner. It will be alright....hush, little baby don’t say a word, papa’s gonna buy you a mocking bird.

7. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

So you are saying that Omicron is all hype because young people want to party. Seems like a valid argument to me.

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. SuraGotMadHops

I love how the CDC is just now starting to catchup to what smart people knew a long ass time ago. In just the past couple of weeks:

1) Non-N95 masks do very little.
    2) Natural immunity from recovering from Covid can be just as beneficial as the vax, and in the case of omicron, more beneficial.

It's also becoming more accepted that the vaccine is nothing more than a preemptive therapeutic (which has significant benefits, no doubt), but could never prevent spread or infection. Again, this was known, but mostly ignored. This is why smart people knew a long time ago that vaccine mandates were an absurd proposition, and people should be left to decide on their own if they want a vax, or not. It's also why smart people knew a long time ago once the vax was rolled out that is simply time to live with Covid.

All of these are takes that I have shared a long long time ago and I got slammed on here for it. I was right, and I always knew I was right.

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

What are the hospitalization and death rates for unvaccinated vs. vaccinated?

FrontRunner and DFWRocket like this.
  10. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

[​IMG]

No Worries likes this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

Omnicron is real but all the kids are Kyries And James Harden

12. tinman

Supporting Member

you still need to break it down by age group.
    It's skewed toward old people not people going to rap concerts

13. SuraGotMadHops

You and @bobrek whiffing. I said straight up that the vax is a preemptive therapeutic, and that has substantial benefits, namely, it helps prevent severe illness. It does not, however, prevent infection or prevent spreading. Your chart there actually corroborates what I said about the vax being a therapeutic, and it does nothing to refute my point about N95s or natural immunity from previous infections.

Typical liberal brain pinballing. "He said this, so let me talk about something else."

Instead of instinctual arguing, listen more, pay better attention, and learn something.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What do you mean by "prevent spreading"? Does reducing spread by N% not count as preventing spreading, or are you asserting that being vaccinated doesn't reduce probability of transmission at all? If the latter -- based on what?

15. SuraGotMadHops

16. durvasa

I think smart people recognized that CDC guidance relating to masking was dependent on availability. Even if something "does very little", that's better than nothing.

I don't remember if the CDC weighed in on what's more effective between natural immunity versus vaccination. I would think that smart people would recognize that a proper comparison would also have to account for the risks that come from "naturally" becoming infected versus getting a vaccine.

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

First, you have me confused with a liberal. Second, you said vaccine mandates were unnecessary. You don't think hospitalizations and deaths are things worth trying to prevent by imposing mandates or at the very least not prohibiting businesses from encouraging/forcing vaccines?

18. SuraGotMadHops

No.

19. durvasa

I don't think that answers the question. Are you saying that vaccines don't have any effect on transmissibility, and if so based on what? I think it's well known that with Delta and Omicron breakthrough infections are more common than breakthroughs with the original variant that the vaccines were designed for. I assumed that's what the CDC director was alluding to. Of course, it doesn't follow that it doesn't reduce spread at all. Maybe it would help if you use a less ambiguous word than "prevent" so it's more clear what you mean.

20. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Not true.

Vaccinated people with breakthrough COVID infections had lower viral loads
    UCLA study of 12,000 health workers found infected individuals who were unvaccinated shed more viral particles

https://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/vaccinated-workers-shed-less-covid-virus

Breakthrough SARS-CoV-2 cases clear more quickly, less likely to spread infection over time
    Boston, MA – People who are vaccinated for SARS-CoV-2 but get breakthrough infections may be less likely to spread the virus because they shed it for a shorter period than unvaccinated people who are infected, according a new study led by Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/p...lear-quickly-less-likely-to-spread-infection/

#11760 FrontRunner, Jan 20, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2022