1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

King of the Hill

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Truth, Sep 29, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Still one of my favorite scenes from the show. I laughed so hard when I first saw that scene.

I don't know how I feel about it if they age the characters, though. Eh. We'll see.

2. Buck Turgidson

"Dale? Is that you? Oh, Peggy, it's for you."

B-Bob likes this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Dale is pretty much every school board meeting yeller and nanotechnology-is-embedded-in-vaccines-by-the-government-and-Bill-Gates looney in the US. lol. :D

This episode was hilarious for everybody getting in on the insanity. I love how Bill and Boomhauer discover the joys of deep fried bananas at the local farmers market. They nearly burn down the neighborhood attempting to deep fry everything in sight with their new deep fryer. Hank tries to teach Bobby responsibility by making him learn the ins and outs of their homeowners policy before he makes Bobby call the insurance agent so he wouldn't waste the agent's time. Bobby has to call him because he broke the garage door while trying to do an escape roll as a jedi under the closing door. The door closed on him and bent the track (lol!). Then you got Dale trying to raise bees for money ... grab the tinfoil hats.

Ziggy, Buck Turgidson and GRENDEL like this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is my favorite episode and referencing that episode is something we joke about a lot in martial arts.

This past Halloween my band played a gig and we dressed as King of the Hill characters, of course they made me Kahn, apparently being the only Asian in the band overrules being the only Texan. Unfortunately I don't think most of the Millennial crowd got the costume even when we introduced the band members as the King of the Hill characters. I wore a blue shirt and khakis and even wore a lanyard that said "Kahn Souphinousophone" and the bass player made a work jacket that said "Strickland Propane" some 20 something asked us on set break if we just came from work.
    [​IMG]

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

As long as Mike Judge is calling the shots I'm down.

GRENDEL likes this.
  7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

If this ends with Bobby shooting Hank in the chest, I'm gonna be pissed I tell you what.

8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

hank bought out buck and is now the owner of strickland propane. bobby is a millennial who works for hank as assistant manager and does stand-up comedy on the weekends. him and connie are married and have a 5 year old. connie graduated from medical school at 18 and is a renown doctor. peggy is now the principal of tom landry middle school. dale runs for mayor of arlen and wins. him and nancy have a daughter who also looks like john redcorn. bill invested a few dollars in apple when it started up and he ended up becoming a multimillionare , retired early and married a hot young woman who is not a gold digger, but actually loves him and thinks he is the greatest person ever. boomhauer finally settled down, married and had kids. ladybird is still alive.

khan finally realizes that he is more rainey street than nine rivers country club and now enjoys hanging out and drinking beer in the alley with hank, dale, bill and b-dawg.

#48 jo mama, Jan 20, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
  9. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Shooting him in the nuts. Foreshadowed by the events of the "That's mah PURSE!" episode..

10. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

are you even laotian?

[​IMG]

B-Bob and GRENDEL like this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Nope I’m Chinese or Japanese

jo mama likes this.
  12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

They missed the best part when he says "We Laotion" and Bill responds with "The ocean? What ocean?" :D

jo mama likes this.
  13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. That whole John Redcorn/Nancy migraine angle is so hilarious. Dale suspects every whacko thing in the universe is happening except his wife cheating on him with Redcorn. They could be naked in bed together and he still wouldn't suspect anything. :D

B-Bob likes this.
  15. Poloshirtbandit

There's a fan theory that Dale sees what Bill's divorce did to him and doesn't want to end up like him. Also his attachment to Joseph.

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well, I guess, but I just always thought Dale was nuts to the point insanity was more real than reality to him. It was almost like the perfect "wth?" when you think "wait... you believe all this crap is going on but you don't see the obvious thing going?" :D

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Dang it Dale

18. Roscoe Arbuckle

I'd never heard of Laos before this show.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

In today's political environment he's not such an extreme character, I feel like his shtick would feel too on the nose if they do end up aging it into modern time.

I don't know, I trust Judge to deliver a masterpiece however he does it.

B-Bob likes this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I love the episode where Dale tells John Redcorn "Get in there and treat my wife.." As John Redcorn says in an aside to Nancy "He's, taking all of the fun out of this."

GRENDEL likes this.