1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPjr has more to do with us winning games RIGHT NOW than anyone on the roster

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jan 6, 2022.

1. NewAge

NewAge Member

These clutch stepback 3s are becoming hard to dismiss as flukes.
    MambaMentality

KingSamJack, PatBev, burlesk and 4 others like this.
  2. NewAge

NewAge Member

I respect your point of view, but these are hateful words. Can you just stop for a second and consider that your high integrity upbringing is a matter of the people you grew around and the environment that you grew up in. Some people have not had that luck growing up.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Because he is a kid, and Hakeem once faked an injury to force a new contract - but it was before social media.....

He apologized, and the team accepted, he is not the first young man to make a mistake.

DD

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The team had only 9 turnovers, that is MAJOR improvement, KPJ had only 1....also an improvement - it is only one game but he is getting better and better......

DD

D-rock and Plowman like this.
  5. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

You are a hypocrite and a fool, congratulations.

And we already know you're a hater, no need to keep reminding us

majicdonjuan likes this.
  6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

8 assists to go with the one TO.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What an odd, borderline creepy post. Easy there Ted Kaczynski. o_O

You say you were raised to respect people, and then you put forth as fact that KPJ has "no respect for others", and therefore you "vehemently hate him". Individuals of truly remarkable integrity, such as Stephen Silas and John Lucas, have vouched for KPJ's character, a young man that is quick to own up to his mistakes. A young man that has been through hell.

It sounds to me like you were raised to believe that you respect people, but perhaps you don't really know what the word means. That'll be $200...

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

These will go down as the Porter Tantrums.

He is getting better after throwing tantrums. That is a superhero move.

D-rock likes this.
  9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

No, human beings should have the decency and the common sense to understand you don't throw things at people. Let alone on multiple occasions.

Sorry, human beings older than 4 years old should, anyway.

I know he's a kid.

Only toddlers act the way KPJ does.

Hahaha he is the first 'man' to throw things on two separate occasions when things didn't go his way.

Kevin 'can I use this as a projectile' Porter Jr. Got a nice ring to it. Might get him some street cred.

I don't really care what other players have done (and for the record - you can check my comments on Hakeem doing just this) none of that makes it alright for the way KPJ acts.

Of course the team accepted it. KPJ is the perfect player for a Tilman Fertitta team. Idiots go hand in hand.

I don't think you understand the definition of hypocrite.

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Maybe we can sell high on KPJ at the deadline before he freaks out again. Maybe get a PG or a lottery protected 1st?

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  11. jdjd

jdjd Member

Did he disrespect you? Oh no, you're just going by what you read in the INTERNET.

Truth be told, we don't know what half of these athletes did when they were younger, but you choose to use the word HATE for him because you say he's disrespectful.

Hate is a pretty strong word, I really think you have other issues with him (skin color, young and arrogant), You should really take a long look in the mirror and self evaluate.

So why did you even click on this thread? To read what others said and troll? If it disgust you to watch him in a Rockets uniform, then guess what, Don't Watch!!!

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good thing Downtown Sniper wasn't around when Vernon was here. Vernon makes KPJ look like Shane Battier.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Or Lucas.

Or Murphy.

Or Barkley.

Or Artest.

14. Downtown Sniper

Oh you're right. He never threw anything at his coach in Cleveland. The Cavs just woke up one morning and decided to ship his ass away from the team because he was a detriment. Yep. It wasn't true.

Oh you're right. He never threw anything the other week. The Rockets just woke up one morning and suspended him. Yep. It wasn't true.

What was the point of your reply? To say nothing can be believed because the media reported on it? Sheesh. Okay mate.

15. bmelo

bmelo Member

improving. maybe I will have to eat crow if he continues eat

harold bingo likes this.
  16. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I think hate is kind of a strong word--to me, hating someone is literally not giving a **** whether they live or die, and I dunno if basketball players are important enough in our lives to truly hate or love.

That said, I was also really really disappointed in him for his blowup in the Nuggets game, but he's really had a rough upbringing and I think he deserves some benefit of the doubt. Obviously, not an unlimited amount of forgiveness but his emotional issues are understandable, if not excuseable.

On a slightly different note, if Jalen Green develops into an all-star I think you'd end up really liking him on the squad, because he's a kid that seems like he's got a high character and has never had any off-court issues at all.

17. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Read this message, slowly, then contemplate the irony of it, especially since you’re talking about a 21 year old.

majicdonjuan, jiggyfly and Zen Tabak like this.
  18. Downtown Sniper

Here's my advice.

You should understand the difference between respect, and hate.

Respect is walking down the street and crossing paths with KPJ, and not doing or saying anything to him and walking on my merry way. I can still hate him and do that.

It is kind of scary you don't understand the difference.

Read the above, slowly, and multiple times until it sinks in.

It's hilarious you hammer home the fact he's 21. Imagine a 21 year old throwing temper tantrums and throwing things at people. Oh wait, we don't have to imagine.

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

20. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

You’ve been taught to “respect” people, and yet you grew up into a man who talks trash about 21 year olds on the internet. Seems like you missed the point of how you were “raised.”

jdjd, RudyTBag, majicdonjuan and 2 others like this.