1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Foul Trouble? How many times has he fouled out? Once? Let him play 25 minutes a game so he can get in shape, learn the nba game more and work on playing against taller, athletic post players.

aaquaa, AroundTheWorld and hakeem94 like this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

How does foul trouble lead to fouling out?

My statement is man needs to learn how to not do stupid fouls or Silas gonna bench him. It's not a conspiracy, it's what any normal coach would do.

Sengun has shown he fouls at a fast ass pace.
    https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/HOU/2022.html

Sengun is second in fouls for the team at 110, despite playing half the amount of mins given to wood (100).
    I would rather we play him until he fouls out, but it's is a reasonable criticism that he needs to learn to stop fouling.

There is a correlation that bad fouls will lead to benching. It's not a conspiracy, it's what is usally done.

3. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

I am talking about half court offense. A lot of times he has to stand in the corner. The alternative is to get the ball and create his own shot. This is not the player development I am dreaming of. Naturally as he gets playing time he will improve, like his skills in open floor but I don’t see much contribution from the coaches, it is merely by getting playing time.

aaquaa and Verbal Christ like this.
  4. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

All countries should be neutral and there should be no war. Hitler was an evil but Stalin, Mao, Churchill were no angels also.

Proud to be neutral. Much better than being a warmonger.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

But ... you all were neutral and yet friends WITH a warmonger. Confusing comment.

The US was also enjoying this neutrality during that conflict until the cowardice that was the attack on Pearl Harbor. Europe would be under a Nazi flag if it wasnt for the American warmongers. :rolleyes:

Plowman likes this.
  6. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

I guess you need to sharpen your history knowledge.
    During the war FDR, Churchill and Turkish president met and discussed the situation in Adana/Turkey and Cairo/Egypt. Allies could not commit any significant logistic help and Turkey was reluctant to go to war unless Nazis attack. Turkish President were friendly with FDR and reluctantly with Churchill not with Hitler. 7 years after WW2 Muricans need help in Korea and we saved them (Turkey lost 850 soldiers there). We fought against Germans/Prussians/Habsburgs 500+ years and you accusing Turks for being friends with Nazis. Hopeless case. I am sorry for you.

aaquaa likes this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes, VC I posted the same.....some people only want to see things per their narrative.

Nothing else matters. I can link players collapsing on the football field or baseball field
    or basketball court. It doesn't matter, J.R. Richards collapsed on the field in practice....
    they say it should have happened during the game; or it did not happen.

Can anyone say Reggie Lewis?
    https://sportsbrowser.net/athletes-who-died-on-the-field/

#908 ApacheWarrior, Jan 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    Verbal Christ likes this.
  9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Dont feel sorry for me my guy life is good over here.

Again I never thought about Turkeys involvement in WW2 until today due to the allusion to HAkeem and her Hitler memes. I found it interesting that anyone in Europe would be on friendly terms with Hitler but self preservation is an interesting thing. You guys jumped into the fray in 1945? After years of “neutrality” with a non aggression pact nonetheless the German-Turkish Treaty of Friendship (cool name) then you came to your senses and 7 months later the war was over. History right? That ancient stuff is awesome and props to you guys we are just 246 years old as a nation so we have some catching up to do.

Thanks for saving our butt in Korea. I’m sure all would have been lost without you guys.

Im ready to go back to basketball when you are we have a game tonight.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

the length you go to justify a decision is amazing. The more we talk, the more improbable excuses come up.

A quick google search also reveals Lewis had an undetected heart condition.

12. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

20 year old Sengun playing 30+ minutes AND running the offense after having a full season under his belt > literally anything else this team could possibly do so yes, he's our best player.

aaquaa likes this.
  13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes, some heart problems are not detected early. The whole premise
    of my entire stance. The guy is a big, age 19 year old kid

14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

15. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

16. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I'll be honest, the dude has nice highlights but also look awkward as heck out there, especially defence but even offence. Kind of like early Jokic or current Bol Bol. Right now you either force feed him in the post and clear out or just try to run offense with poor spacing. It's fine for a play here and there, but not good enough to be a corner stone (Indiana with Sabonis is not a good goal).

I'd like to see him develop a better 3 pt shot like Jokic, which means you can plug and play him into more lineups and still be useful when other players create. Defensively, I think he'll improve. I'll be cheering for him.

17. HeyBudLetsParty

He sets really solid screens, not sure I’d notice if Wood wasn’t atrocious at it

aaquaa, Mathloom and AroundTheWorld like this.
  18. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

But he's not a threat vertically nor on pick and Pop. He needs to be able to pop otherwise the screens isn't maximize.

aaquaa likes this.
  19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I've been consistent since day one:
    *Sengun past season being only 30 games and not in NBA
    *He is now with the best (in NBA).....needing to be paced for 82 games
    *He has averaged 19 minutes and has said, it's been tough this season.
    up and down moments.
    *He is 6'9" and 245 pounds having to run at a much quicker pace than in Turkey.

I also feel Green is taking on too much for his 180 pound frame. Not worried
    someone so thin will have heart issue......but is susceptible to injury.

I am a health care professional (private....I don't like to give too much personal
    information on the internet) and I'm looking out for the best interest in the individual.

Coaching staff are doing the right thing.

What exactly are you wanting? Who's interest are you looking out for?
    Yourself? Selfish. It's not until one of these kids collapse and dies
    do someone feels regret. I saw another poster say as much.
    "If Sengun collapses and dies, then oh well.". Really!!

Complete @## clowns. Stay away from coaching please. Bunch of
    Jackalopes. I no longer believe you are the father of Marcus Morris.
    Reggie Lewis was a fine tune athlete. Blocked MJ 4 times in one game.
    He collapsed 6 years after being in the NBA.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  20. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

That's why I have been consistently disagreeing with you.

*Sengun past season being only 30 games and not in NBA JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER ROOKIE
    *He is now with the best (in NBA).....needing to be paced for 82 games JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER ROOKIE
    *He has averaged 19 minutes and has said, it's been tough this season.
    up and down moments. HE ALSO SAID HE ADJUSTED. HE WOULD HAVE SAID THE SAME THINGS IF HE AVERAGED 23 MINUTES
    *He is 6'9" and 245 pounds having to run at a much quicker pace than in Turkey. NBA RUNS MUCH QUICKER THAN EVERY OTHER LEAGUE.

I'll give you the toll he takes in on his body here. But 20 minutes a game is nothing for any pro athlete. As I stated before I think that is a discussion rather for 25-30 minutes.

I want sengun dead. I come from the same village as him and he bullied me for years. All these posters asking for more minutes want him dead.

We are just chatting on a basketball forum expressing opinions, which nobody gives a **** about. You might find it unbelievable but there are people who think Sengun playing more will benefit the Rockets and he won't die.

As much as Sengun deserves his minutes and it is a mistake by Silas, I am not that much into Sengun playing more before Silas is gone. He is not utilized properly, as many other players and playing the 5-6 extra minutes will not benefit him enough to take the risk of dying on the court.

I apologize for being sarcastic, but the risk of dying on the court is one of the most interesting arguments I have ever read in a forum. I respect your opinion and just stated why I do not agree. Peace!

aaquaa and Mathloom like this.