1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

2. Salvy

Salvy Member

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

how you don't get it its just a fluff piece you really expect alpi to throw coaches under the bus...of course players will say all the right things .....besides all the stamina stuff apologetics were refuted long ago and it doesnt stand a test of reason....
    what alpi really thinks about it was best expressed by his father

btw ALPI played a 25 minutes game 3 months ago already in october(scored 14pts) , he also played a 24 minutes game in november(scored 10) and another 28 minutes game in december(scored 19)

so find a new slant to defend silus...
    this is soo lame and so shortsighted a lie and just makes silas apologists look terribly naive and not sharp

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/4871144/alperen-sengun

@aaquaa @Ankara1923 @Salvy @CXbby @AlperenSengun @Bobbythegreat

aaquaa, Ankara1923 and Salvy like this.
  4. Salvy

Salvy Member

[​IMG]

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

When did the nazi sympathizer start typing with a Euro type "accent" ?? Had to hit the "show ignore" button to catch up and that made me chuckle. She's trying hard!

6. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Any insight on why he used the Turkish word Aslan, rather than an Arabic or Persian word, which are more central in the islamic culture?

Ankara1923 likes this.
  7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Told you guys, I know Turkey and what it's like there. They don't play as many games, the training is focused on endurance rather than overall fitness and the recommended diets are good for a regular person but nowhere near as nutritionally diverse as what he'll be advised to eat in the NBA.

His fitness was horrendous to start the season. He's an excellent candidate to have a historically significant jump in explosiveness and speed.

He'll have a great second half because after all he's 19 his body will adapt quickly, but there are easy near and long term gains to be had here before even getting into polishing his game.

This team has the best future in the NBA imo.

8. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Is being Euro or Eurasian bad thing? Or you were trying to praise her?

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yeah keep up the personal insults going, that will win you an argument...

Salvy likes this.
  10. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Once again, this is true for every rookie. He could be saying the same things playing 25 minutes a game as well. And he says he got used to it anyway.

You can also look at Green. He plays more but do you think he is being developed properly. The difference is that Green can shoot 3s and some games he happens to hit them and looks good. But when the shots do not fall, he looks bad. There is not much to develop his game in our game plan.

You can think the coaching is good and what they do with Green, Sengun, KPJ, Garuba can be be justified. From where I am, it looks like a disaster.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

ALPI played a 25 minutes game 3 months ago already in october(scored 14pts) , he also played a 24 minutes game in november(scored 10) and another 28 minutes game in december(scored 19)

he also played many more games of similar minutes irregularly scattered around the schedule
    https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/4871144/alperen-sengun

find a new slant

this has nothing to do with stamina or fitness but probably tanking, politics or nepotism

Salvy likes this.
  12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Foul trouble. Man fouls at an insane rate, but sure inner conspiracy of the Rockets org who utilized a bunch of assets to trade sengun just to fk him over.

13. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

He wrote in a letter that he got the translation from a copy of Arabian Nights, it's not supposed to "be" Turkish at all, he just used the name because it sounded great and meant Lion. The series has nothing to do with Islam at all, it's a fantasy story with themes taken from Christianity. Beyond a couple of character names, one character in one of the books eating Turkish Delight and an invading nation at the end of the 8th book there's almost nothing middle Eastern about it. Outside of a few English child characters most of the characters are talking animals and fairy tale creatures, not even human haha.

aaquaa and AlperenSengun like this.
  14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

In other news my Sengun autographed rookie card came in the mail today.

15. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

First of all Turks can be Muslim, Christian (Moldovan Gagavuz and Karaman Turks), Jewish (Lithuanian Karaites and Khazars), Pagan (Yakuts and Tuvas)..

Why C. S. Lewis used Turkish words (Aslan-Tash-Duduk-Jadi/cadi-Peter the Magnificent /Suleyman the magnificent,,) instead of Arabic and Persian words? (meanwhile Peter and Tash are synonymous). My personal view is :

1.C.S.Lewis upbringing : He was born late 19th century Ireland and Turks made the biggest donation during infamous Irish famine. Should be a gratitude within the environment.

2.Turkish identity : The basic description is : Go hard, go fair, comeback for better and pragmatism. I have studied Arabic and still try to learn Persian, respect to both languages, sophisticated ones but if we talk about bravery and never give up mentality Turks are one step ahead of them (Turks had always a free-non colonised state in the history, they always ready to fight for the freedom).

3. Complexity of the story: I guess Aslan is more poetic word than Persian/Arabic counterparts (Shir, Asad, Haydar, Gazanfer) and Tash is better than Seng and Hager. Hager was the name of second wife/concubine of Abraham and might give wrong ideas. Also what kids would find in the wardrobe? Arabian dates, Persian Almonds? No good.

If anyone interested in the differences between Turks and Persian/Arabs, I can suggest them to read the following books:

-Lewis: Middle East-The Brief History of the Last 2000 Years

-Goodwin: Lord of the Horizons

Pope: Son of Conquerers (Although I have always hated Hugh Pope, there are still good comparisons there).

As I said before all of them are my personal thought about Narnia-Turkic connection, nothing scientific, might be my illusion.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

We should play him more

Ankara1923 likes this.
  17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Really? Like are you being objective here? So Jalen Green is only a 3 point shooter? There is a real disconnect between Sengun fans and reality apparently. Im pro Sengun too, but I havent reached that level of rabid fanboi I suppose.

I didnt even mention the coaching but go on ahead - do your thing!

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Not a bad thing at all - she used to be one of my favorite contributors before she went full fascist. What I never noticed was the grammatical mistakes and poor syntax - seems that schtick came about after Sengun. What I did just learn though was that Turkey was a neutral country during WW2 and they maintained strong diplomatic relations with Nazi Germany so maybe thats where her Hitler affinity comes from!

19. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Nowhere I said or implied that Green is only a 3 pt shooter. His 3pt shooting and general scoring capacity disguises the fact that he is not being developed properly. I don’t know how can I be more explicit.

I think you assume that I will say something negative about Green and read through that lens.

the problems with Green’s development rather go unnoticed. To sum it up, this team has big problems in all departments. I understand that Silas’s job is tough with the way the roster is built. Still he does not show anything positive in any department.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

If you havent been watching Green go coast to coast and finger roll or crush the dunk then I dont know what to tell you. His game is much more than just 3 point shooting and its improved to the point where your comment is not applicable. That may have been the narrative the first part of the year when the lineup was a disaster, but not nearly the case now in the open floor.