1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ben Simmons getting a new zip code?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by vator, Jul 13, 2021.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://theathletic.com/3078346/202...eration-factor-nba-trade-deadline-roundtable/

DeBeards likes this.
  2. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

"The deal could be done by adding sharpshooter Buddy Hield ($22.7 million) and veteran wingman Harrison Barnes ($20.2 million), but Philly would surely push for more."

Definitely a typical murray type of bargaining…fox+hield+barns+more?!?
    That's rediculous af.
    If the trade did shape up n happen, SAC would be a laughing stock in this league for a very long period of time.

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I mean Kings have been playing with Fox for a few years now and they aren't any closer to the playoffs than years past. At some point, they are going to have to do something and I think they believe Simmons could potentially get them to the next level.

I don't understand Philly's stance if they aren't willing to take on Fox. I think he would be a great fit with Embiid. The problem for Sacramento is that I'm sure they don't want Tobias Harris, so ideally, I hope my team takes advantage. Either way, to get Tobias out of Philly, they are likely going to need a third team.

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I wouldn't want Fox either. Sure he's fast and can finish around the basket but, at the end of the day, is he significantly better than Tyrese Maxey, especially at $28+ million a year? At least with Hield you get an elite 3 point shooter and can help with spacing. Maybe Morey can get Boston in on this deal and move Fox to Boston for Jaylen Brown.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If I were an NBA GM, I wouldn't have any contact with Morey until a day before the deadline when he starts to panic. The idea of attaching Harris's horrible contract as a "sweetener" is such an insult to other GMs intelligence.

Simmons has been exposed and he is not as attractive as Morey makes it to be. He'll be lucky to get a Fox level of player straight up.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol Simmons and who though? If they lose Fox snd get Simmons and Harris back not sure how it takes them to the next level. Maybe next level in team salary.

Lots of guys fit well with Embiid, he is one of the most versatile centers in league history. Can shoot from 3, spot in the paint, do half court, run fast breaks anything you want he can do. Honestly think Morey should just wait for James Harden. He is prob coming there thats why he didnt want to sign an extension in Brooklyn.

#1066 roslolian, Jan 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    DeBeards and jiggyfly like this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

The irony is if he did the Malcom Brogdon trade Philly would be no 1 seed right now with the way Embiid is playing. Plus they couldve added Duarte or Jalen Johnson for even more help.

Slyonebluejay, Easy and steddinotayto like this.
  8. steddinotayto

Fortunate for Morey he didn't, given Brogdon's Achilles injury but I do agree with you that a healthy Brogdon would have made Philly very formidable.

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't disagree with you, but Kings will be the Kings and maybe they are ready to move on. There have been rumblings that maybe Fox will request a trade in the near future.

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why would Sacramento that deal, they would be markedly worse.

To get Simmons a guy that does not even want to be there?

The wanting more from Philly is the least crazy thing about that deal, I'm willing to bet they would be thrilled to get Fox and any other fillers to get rid of Simmons and Harris.

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

https://sports.yahoo.com/deaaron-fo...mors-his-ideal-role-in-the-nba-173928242.html

Granted the article also states that internally, the Kings are wanting to continue with the Halliburton/Fox backcourt, but sounds like they are looking into different possibilities considering they are another season into not being good. I'm not saying that Simmons automatically makes them better, but maybe the Kings think that's the case, I don't know. I actually think the deal makes them worse, but the fact that some talks may have been held (don't know how reliable Chris Haynes is), it may mean the Kings may think about it.

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah we agree the deal makes them worse which is why I say why would the Kings do it.

If i was the Kings and really thought Simmons would buy in and believe in him I might do Fox straight or Heild straight up but not all of their assets and I think the 76ers would be fools to pass either of those guys up.

I would stay far away from Simmons, but The Kings are desperate.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I actually think Simmons perimeter Defense is more important than Draymonds overall defense, is he even a good perimeter defender anymore.

Simmons ability to be at least a drive threat and a great finisher on offense is much better than what Draymond can give you offensively.

Simmons could be a great Draymond like player, but how could they afford him?

15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Don’t like that deal for Sac or Philly. Just trading flawed players for other flawed players. If I were Morey I would go all in and offer Simmons, Harris, picks, and Maxey to Portland and try and get Lillard and McCollum. It works on the trade machine.

Portland needs to get younger and rebuild and Philly is in win now mode. Lillard moves the needle not Fox.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yg85ejwu

16. steddinotayto

I'm so sick and tired of people hoping/wishing/expecting Simmons would somehow turn into Draymond if he's on another team.

ElPigto likes this.
  17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Draymond is allowed to push, punch, scratch eyes, kick, shove, taunt, scream without any ref complaints.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You can find a much cheaper player to defend the perimeter. Big men who can defend the paint and can switch to the perimeter are rare.

And Simmons is not a drive threat if his defender is sagging off 10 ft from him knowing that he has zero intention to shoot. The only time he is an offensive threat is in transition.

Slyonebluejay and steddinotayto like this.
  19. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Really?.. You put Fox with Embiid and they'll be the talk of the NBA... Maxey? You buggin.... And Hield will help with spacing, yes.. But he's nothing more than glorified chucker .. He lost his starting spot for a reason... He sucks at everything but throwing up 28 fters that may go in 38% of the time( which is good but not when you're throwing up 10 per game) . Embiid would have a fit

20. i3artow i3aller