1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. xaos

xaos Member

Didn't read your post past the quoted part, but ok. I will put you on ignore

Not sure how that will resolve bobbythegreat vs everyone and now newage vs everyone in this thread. those replies still show up. but, since I don't know who you are I guess it won't make a difference

2. xaos

xaos Member

and yall just feed the fire.

I made a post in another thread on why Jalen Green shouldn't play point guard or something. Someone responded like a 12 year old typed it with an angry 70 year old mentality. Know what I did? Didn't respond. Know what happened? The thread continued without it being derailed to some nonsense.

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If u leave these delusional posters unchecked they will sprout their nonsense in every thread. I guess the ignore button is the answer but not really a good solution. U do miss out on stuff if u chose to ignore folks u believe 2 be sht posters though

4. xaos

xaos Member

and just to be clear

I'm no one special on this forum, so I'm not trying to act all high and mighty. it's just annoying

5. xaos

xaos Member

Seems to be having the exact opposite effect lol

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Thankfully I have had both BTG and NewAge on Ignore since who knows when. Time to add some more, it looks like.

7. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ignoring BS doesn't make it go away, it just starts to stink even more...

With that being said, I understand your feelings and generally don't like to get off topic, but he did seem to be a bit more reasonable and decided to see where he was on earlier comments.

This thread was started to discuss Jalen's positive and negatives. His looks and demeanor are not negatives, his ability to handle the ball under pressure and consistency in his shooting are. Both will improve with increased strength and experience.

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

that's not dreaming, it's just a safe prediction of the very next step.

Nice to hear you'll jump on board soon!

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am all about the team, I am fine with it.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Green wasnt drafted too high, he was consensus top 3 in all draft boards. Even the best Green hater wouldnt put him below top 5 prior to the draft. He is a 5 star prospect in his class and continued it with a solid performance in GLeague vs real mean and better comp than in the NCAA so not sure why you keep insisting he should be late lottery wtf.

Even in a redraft assuming you think Green sucks who would you take? There would be Barnes, Mobley, Cade, Wagner, Giddey, Sengun...who else? Suggs? Kuminga? Boughknight? Green would still be top 10 in this draft worst case.

Kobe Bryant? Dude played only 15 mins his rookie year for 7 ppg. When he was 19 he scored 15 ppg the same as Green on just 2% more TS. What's clear to me is you dont have an idea how Kobe was his rookie year. You dont understand what being raw means, Joshua Primo is the example of a raw player picked purely for potential, he is only 2 mos younger than Green. Green is far from being the most polished player in his class but offensively he has shown more skills than just running up and down and being a Corey Brewer smh. Defensively is where he has a lot he needs to work on but offensively he is pretty solid for a rookie. Again only 2% worse than 2nd year Kobe Bryant, thats good company for a dude in his rookie year.

As for Corey Brewer I already said it multiple times Brewer entered the league at age 21 and averaged 5 ppg his rookie season. 5 vs 15 ppg amd 21 vs 19 you understand the difference there yes or no? Brewer never had 1 20 pt game his entire rookie season, since coming back Green has had several already and the seasom aint even done. It is an insult to Green to be compared to Brewer as Brewer at his age is still in college not to mention Green has shown more at 19 than Brewer has at age 21. Saying they are both transition players is a joke. Brewer cant shoot, if you watch Green play you know he does more than run and dunk thr ball smh.

#1730 roslolian, Jan 18, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
  11. bmelo

bmelo Member

He is a kid that rivals pros based on his talent alone. Just wait until he learns the game

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

a poster that has been on the forum for more total months than total posts. bravo sir, If i were able to jump as high as Green for 24 hours I would be an absolute idiot. jumping up to see if i could touch random things like kids do all of the time.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

He is only 19 and only 2 mos older than the youngest player in the draft class. He needs some time to fill out and build muscle. Let's see what he looks like next season. You are right he is far from AnT but he can def use 10-15 more pounds of muscle.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  14. Mathloom

Supporting Member

*MAJOR TRIGGER ALERT, PLEASE EXIT NOW TO SAVE YOUR SANITY IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE*

Kobe 2ND YEAR 19 YEARS OLD stats:

FG% 42%
    3PT% 34%
    EFG% 47.7% (Jalen currently 47.3% and climbing)
    FTA 5.8
    Ast 2.5
    TO 2.0

Jalen is averaging better numbers all around (especially per minute or per touch) if you exclude his first month just as we are excluding Kobe's entire rookie season here. Jalen has also shown roughly the same amount of flashes in his first 30 games as Kobe's entire rookie season. What makes me draw the comparison is they both are hungry AF and work hard off the court, yet they started their career not knowing how to play defense or how to apply their raw talents. Kobe had smaller hands than Jordan, Green as we know doesn't have a great wingspan - yet they both invented ways around this, with Green his upward and lateral quickness are elite, with Kobe he'd often hold the ball with two hands while contorting. Kobe, of course, had a better handle but Green seems far less selfish despite his star-like personality.

This is what they'd be talking about if he were drafted in LA. Instead we have to keep opening our own fans' eyes to the big picture.

As I said before, the great ones always start off a little hesitant to rock the hierarchal order with older players, but they show the flashes and humbleness in that time. Same with Jordan's rookie season, his vets were horrible but he had to respect them for a bit.

Now having said that, I rank Kobe significantly lower than most people do so take what I'm saying with that in mind.

alethios, Verbal Christ and Dobbizzle like this.
  15. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Jalen Green FTA by month:

Oct: 2.5/game
    November: 3.5
    December: 3
    January: 4.5

Continues to lead all rookies in FTA per minute and per touch. I bet that's the last thing the haters thought he'd do.

Last in touches among top 10 rookies, which puts his FT-drawing ability at the top of this apparently strong rookie class. His finishing at the rim continues to climb, he is 6th among all rookies finishing drives at the rim. He is hitting 82% from the FT line.

He is also the 11th youngest player out of 520+ total NBA players.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

it's sad you even have to pull out Brewer's stats to show the haters.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I did not peg you for the dramatic type but that almost gave me a stroke.....not.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

These guys should question Green's manliness to his face and see what happens to them lmao. Internet tough guys lulz

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

Mathloom likes this.
  20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

"the standard that you walk past is the standard that you accept"

This place has always policed itself. As long as you can keep your politics out of the discussions here you should be fine. If someone says something ridiculously outlandish then they should own it. Your white knighting of a guy who was baseless and out of line basically says that you are defending that type of behavior. Yeah it sucks that pages get spent rubbing puppies nose in it, but its a necessary evil to try and keep this place relatively toxic free from the very same behavior that flourishes on other social media platforms. You may need to revisit the first few pages of these discussions to get an idea of where some people are coming from since you seem to be sympathizing.

Its good to see those malicious posters at least attempt to keep it to purely basketball discussions lately - so credit for that. As long as the conversation stays to basketball related items the debates will stay on course ..... BUT THEY CANT HELP THEMSELVES LOL (you'll see).

O-dawg likes this.