1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is the best Eric Gordon trade proposal you can come up with?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 20, 2021.

1. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

Nwora or divencenzo are possibilities. MIL had a strong chance to come out of the east and likely repeat. Jrue middleton EG Freak lopez/portis will be scary

saleem, TEXNIFICENT and jch1911 like this.
  2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Looking at future draft pick ownership across the league

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

From an asset standpoint as well as where they are at right now in the standings, the following teams would have the most (e.g. a 2022 or 2023 1st just to start a conversation) to offer:

Cleveland
    Golden State
    Memphis
    New York
    Philadelphia

Of course if Stone/Rockets want to kick that draft pick down the road to 2024 and beyond then that would add more teams to the equation. Out of the 5 teams, however, I think @RKREBORN and others might have it right with Cleveland. I'd love a healthy Rubio vs an injured Rubio but he is an expiring contract and, who knows, maybe he would re-sign next season for a decent contract knowing that he'll be a starting point guard again. The Warriors just got Klay back and their wing/guard depth is one of their strengths so I don't see them pursuing Eric. Memphis is interesting because while they have depth (Morant, Bane, Brooks, Anderson, Jones, etc.) they don't have a lot of postseason experience in the back court. Anderson and one of Jones or Melton plus a 1st (Utah's 1-6 protected for 2022? Lakers' 1-10 protected for 2022?) would be a starter. New York just got Reddish and they have a bunch of players in the backcourt but Gordon could play at the 3 with Fournier and Rose in the backcourt. Walker, Taj (like Thibs would ever give up his favorite player but who knows?), and a 1st? Philly....I think a trade would benefit both sides but I don't see each front office helping each other any time soon.

RKREBORN, Dobbizzle and jch1911 like this.
  3. jch1911

jch1911 Member

That part

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  4. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Apparently this fellow Rockets fan ran into Ego at the strip club after the game literally wearing the exact same shirt he had on at the post-game press conference. I don't know why, but that made me chuckle

I'm really gonna miss Ego when he is finally freed. He's been nothing but a pro's pro here and an excellent mentor to the kids. My best trade proposal is getting him to a contender to thank him for all his great years in Houston.

Patience, jch1911 and Dobbizzle like this.
  5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I had no idea Gordon was into the freaky deaky. I thought he spent his spare time fishing and playing ping pong.

jch1911 and Roomba like this.
  6. ballgame

ballgame Member

Phoenix in - EG
    Phoenix out - Jalen Smith and a 2023 #1, filler

Indy in - Jalen Smith and Net's 2022 #1 from via Houston
    Indy out - Myles Turner

Houston in - Myles Turner and Phoenix's 2023 #1
    Houston out - EG and Net's 2022 #1

Indy wants a young player and a #1, Houston needs interior help and they are not going to get a young promising big, just by trading EG by himself and Phoenix is in win now mode.

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Those two make $6,193,811 combined. That doesn't get them in the neighborhood of EG's contract which requires a minimum of $14,475,054 for matching purposes. (125%+/-100k of $18,218,818).

Milwaukee can't enter the conversation without involving Lopez and another player and that requires the Rockets to create a roster spot to take in a 2/1 trade or add a 3rd team.

crenshaw and Dobbizzle like this.
  8. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Oh, EG's a freak

saleem likes this.
  9. steddinotayto

If you have IG and follow Eric you can see he definitely likes his baddies/IG models.

RudyTBag and Roomba like this.
  10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Indy will get more for Myles. You will need to send the phoenix pick to Indy instead of Houston and that might not be enough considering how bad the picks will be.

steddinotayto likes this.
  11. steddinotayto

I don't know why we wouldn't just send Indiana Wood and a couple of 1sts for Turner.

Cleveland gets: Gordon and a 2nd Round pick (Houston)
    Houston gets : Myles Turner and Ricky Rubio
    Indiana gets: Christian Wood, 1st Round pick (Houston - 2023 Milwaukee 1st), 1st Round pick (Houston via Gordon/Rubio trade)

Then you roll with Sengun starting in the PF spot next to Turner for the rest of the season.

Turner
    Sengun
    Tate
    Green
    Porter

Corrosion and jch1911 like this.
  12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Two first round picks are too valuable for Myles Turner. He isn't worth more than one mid first round pick. @ApacheWarrior @D-rock @Nook @Deckard

Deckard, theDude and ApacheWarrior like this.
  13. steddinotayto

If he can be had for 1 1st rounder, great, I'm on board with that.

jch1911 likes this.
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The Pacers might ask the Rockets for their unprotected 1st round pick. Stone will tell them to .... off!

Deckard likes this.
  15. steddinotayto

I mean I wouldn't deal our 2022 1st for him but why would the (unprotected) 2023 1st from Milwaukee be too much?

16. Nook

Nook Member

Turner is a very good role player and can be a stretch 5 for teams, which is very valuable. Anyone that can block shots like he can, rebound well enough, defend at a very good level and also his 3's is going to be in demand.

If he was under contract at a good price for a longer amount of time, a team may get a package of multiple mid round picks and a good young player. The problem is that he only has one deal left, wants a long term (big number) extension and he wants an expanded offensive role.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  17. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Would you pay Turner over Wood? Assuming it's a fairly big number I mean. I know we need rim protection as a big priority as that defensive anchor would do wonders for covering up our rookie mistakes. I think I'd probably consider it.

D-rock likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://theathletic.com/3075329/202...luating-potential-roster-moves-before-feb-10/

John Hollinger: Eric Gordon, on the other hand, is a guy I think some contenders would welcome despite his contract. He can space the floor, is strong enough to switch on D and isn’t just a stand-still shooter. He’s also having a nice bounce-back year at 33. I would want to move off some 2022-23 money if I’m taking on a $19.6 million obligation for him next year, but if so, he could be a nice target for a team like the Lakers or Bulls. A protected first plus a bad contract would be the ceiling, but I’d at least ask for it and see what happens.

[…]

As for destinations for Houston’s assets, I’ll start with an easy one: Eric Gordon in L.A. The Lakers can offer Talen Horton-Tucker and Kendrick Nunn, as well as a future second or two (I can’t see the Lakers adding a first to this package), and that’s one the Rockets should seriously consider. Horton-Tucker can’t shoot, but he’s pretty talented overall and is still one of the youngest players in the league; Nunn, while injured all season, was pretty good in Miami a year ago. While we’re here, the Clippers could also offer a pretty interesting package (Serge Ibaka, Justise Winslow, Jason Preston and two future seconds from Detroit).

#298 J.R., Jan 18, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
    Dobbizzle likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Yes, I would pay Turner over Wood.

At least with Turner I know that he is going to be a good to very good defender, that he will likely be healthy and can shoot 3's well enough to stay on the floor. Turner also is willing to make switches, hustle and put himself in position to win basketball games.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member