1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm replying to a dude who says I'm a crayon eater for being a former grunt. There is valuable technical education in many military occupations. But if you want to be an actual design engineer, enlisted military occupations aren't going to get you there. You need the actual 4 year engineering degree for employers to look at you for that type of role. There is no enlisted role that trains you for engineering design.

2. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

That's messed up. Every rate/mos is equally important.

Bobbythegreat and fchowd0311 like this.
  3. fchowd0311

And I only brought up him being a non combat MOS as a jab because he literally is going around stating how people won't talk to him in real life like they do in this message board because he's allegedly physically imposing and a disabled vet.

4. ThrillaNManilla

I started my career in Naval Special Warfare which was much more difficult mentally than Intelligence work, to be honest.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  5. ThrillaNManilla

Lol pure comedy gold.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  6. CXbby

CXbby Member

No Mobley‘s game is not Tim Duncan yet, neither is Green’s anything like Lavine, these are projections. Mobley has a terrific feel for the game, passing, and analytical mind. Avid chess player, quiet demeanor, extremely smart, that’s what I see as the Tim Duncan in him. With KG physicals.

D-rock and Milos like this.
  7. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

I am an Engineering Manager and have directly hired DEs with only military-technical education in their history. This narrative is false.

D-rock likes this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I think you forgot one :)

Milos likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

Out of 2000 design engineers, how many got their entry level role after college vs enlisted experience?

There are always exceptions. There are design engineers with no formal education because they are brilliant and have done extensive design engineering out of intellectual curiosity on their own time. Those people exist but are extremely rare.

Anyone can find an unlicensed copy of Inventor or Solidworks and use their intellectual curiosity and self teach themselves the advanced mathematics and physics. But those are very rare people.

10. BonziWellsGOAT

Nice! I did the same thing with mine. ME degree as well. I think its shitty that he subtly drops the disabled vet line to shield himself. You're not sneaky lol

fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's simply not what was said kid. I pointed out the fact that people like you simply don't run your mouth in the real world... because you don't.

I never suggested that I was "physically imposing" like usual you are reading too much into what is actually being said because you are not a good faith actor.... you're just a whiny child lashing out at those who disagree with you.

12. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Obviously, the majority will stem from university. The statement was "need" to have a degree and this isn't the only criteria. The ability to learn/self-teach is critical for success and generally outperforms the credentials approach; at least in my experience.

DaDakota and fchowd0311 like this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If that's what you took from what I said it just reinforces the fact that you struggle with reading comprehension.

It's a fact that people like you simply don't run your mouth like this in real life. Most people avoid conflict inherently.

If we were speaking in real life, you wouldn't be such a bad faith douchebag, you'd seek common ground. I'm sure deep down you know it.

14. fchowd0311

People who self teach are always going to be more successful than those who have to go the traditional route because the former has that extra self-motivation and intellectual curiosity.

However when it comes to the hiring process, companies are going to overlook those types because they have stacks of resumes and do things like filter out applicants based on degree and gpa. It's convenient for HR tp find their talent through the college pipeline.

BonziWellsGOAT likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is a Greek guy who is a double MVP.

You could easily call Durant and Lebron bigs in this new era.

D-rock and apollo33 like this.
  16. dmoneybangbang

My main point was that it's reasonable to wonder if we drafted the second best player. We will have to agree to disagree about redrafting the rookies.

I also have changed my attitude on Chet since I just thought Mobley was really going to struggle initially as a tweener.

#1616 dmoneybangbang, Jan 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    apollo33 likes this.
  17. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

I come to this thread to read about Jalen Green and some other kind of nonsense is happening. What is it with NIGYSOB being played around here all the time. I stopped reading because of this. Time to go back to not reading again.

Jalen Green has nice hair.

Milos, fchowd0311 and Bobbythegreat like this.
  18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

You're right. Let's ignore the overwhelming stats saying the opposite thing, but take the one exception that fits your narrative.

You may need just a tad few more games where he does that in a row to say what was quoted. Not one. After he's been abysmal for much longer before that.

Yikes. I really didn't think that needed explaining.

You're right. I haven't had alcohol today. It's o no my 918am here. But I'm no longer an alcoholic. Forget the fact I've had alcohol every day for the past 2 weeks. The few hours this morning I haven't yet. So it's true

19. dmoneybangbang

I just don't think Jalen "tops out at a net + 0 defender if we are lucky" or he can't be a "great playmaker" based on what we've seen today. Is it possible, sure. I don't think it's most probable.

We also drafted him for his work ethic so hopefully a professional strength and development program will transform him in a few seasons.

BonziWellsGOAT likes this.
  20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Jalen is going to be better than the Booker, Levine, Beal tier. No idea where he lands relative to his draft class but we’re going to be happy with his future.