1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is the best Eric Gordon trade proposal you can come up with?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Bo6

Bo6 Member

i'm sure stone has gotten some offers. probably a late first somewhere but is holding out for a young piece as well as a pick.

will prob wait closer to the deadline before he accepts the best of the poo-poo platter. any contender would be foolish not to add gordo for cheap.

2. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There’s not going to be much difference in the FRP from contending teams. The key is what the salary filler looks like.

3. JW86

JW86 Member

Gordon comes damn cheap too so no reason there shouldn’t be a team out there willing to spend.

4. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Eric Gordon and DJ Augustine for Kyle Anderson, Tyrus Jones and a future MEM 1st.

5. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jones and Anderson's salaries match up with Gordon, so not sure it would work with Augustin thrown in. Plus, DJ, like Jones and Anderson, expires this year, so I'm not sure that it makes much sense for them. But I would definitely like to get Tyus Jones, so I like this deal in that respect.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

They aren't limited to "Just FA" in 23. They could swing a trade for ....X

But having the cap space to directly absorb that salary without having to match changes the dynamic of a trade.

raining threes and theDude like this.
  7. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

OTOH the teams that make the most sense for Gordon with some draft capital would be suns, Denver, Memphis, Minnesota, and Cleveland.

Memphis has contracts they don’t need in culver and Anderson (expiring without a role for the next years team) and plenty of picks this year. But I feel they might wanna keep the keg dry for a swing at grant and then use him plus future picks to go after someone like jaylen to really settle their core in.

the suns have some expirings but the first is so late in a weak back of the first round talent pool that I don’t think it would be worth our time.

Cleveland would be a great trading partner as everyone has mentioned before. I’d rather get Gordon then Levert if I were them. Levert doesn’t bring anything to the table and renal. Cell cancer can always come back sadly.

minny has a great one for one salary filler with prince. I’m not sure if they’re willing to give up a lottery protected first though. It seems like they have their wings of the future but if I were them I’d push my chips in for Grant and Barnes and slide down McDaniel/Vanderbilt to the 3 with Edwards at the 2.

Denver I think has a real need to make a trade and stabilize while waiting on Murray. You might think it’s a lot of salary to take on for them but honestly they have monte and jamychal on the books for next year which is basically Gordon’s salary slot. I think a morris (3 year salary) + Jam + protected pick is good value since it’ll likely be a middle of the lottery draft pick. Then you can flip jam to a team like chicago who needs wings for expirings and Detroit second.

ThrillaNManilla likes this.
  8. Audioout

Audioout Member

Gordon to Cleveland for a 1st and Rubio's contract which will expire.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  9. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I hope the the contract we get back is a vet pg.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Hollic/Jopat might finally be able to claim his clairvoyance if they trade for Rubio. His newsletter called it weeks … err I mean 6 years ago. He’s the insider we need not the one we deserve.

harold bingo and steddinotayto like this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

All those hundreds of hours Holic/Jopat spent perusing the interwebs for "cutting edge" material for his newsletter . . . could it finally bear fruit, that is - come to fruition?

steddinotayto, RudyTBag and dobro1229 like this.
  13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I just have this uneasy feeling that Stone is gonna screw up a Gordon deal by waiting till the last minute. I don’t like the track record; I want to shut Gordon down and put him in a glass case full of bubble wrap. Move him already.

14. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Just wanted to remind everyone I came up with this scenario first before any of the national beat writers.
    #futuregm #humblebrag

Medicine N Music likes this.
  15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

After the game last night I feel like that’s a good enough note to end with and announce it via woj tomorrow that he’ll sit till a the trade deadline. I know the league won’t like that but I feel like they gotta do it. Too much to risk if he gets injured.

EG has made his point… he’s really good. Sit his a$$ already and stop risking an injury.

withmustard likes this.
  16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

If a team was willing to give the Rockets what they wanted for Gordon a deal probably would've been made already.

They know his injury history too.
    Teams may want to see him make it to the deadline healthy before making a deal.

17. VoR

VoR Member

Brooklyn looking fragile. Let’s pick their pockets again.

jcmoon likes this.
  18. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Might be a bit much.. but if Houston DOES move on from Wood (for hopefully some big 3/4 type), then Gordon for Adams and whatever would ve the worst of their 3 picks this year.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For the love of the Houston Rocket Gods, please let Eric Gordon stay healthy for a few more weeks. Please let him ball out for a few more weeks.

PLZ GIVE US UR PICKZ!!! :cool:

AMEN!

raining threes and harold bingo like this.
  20. Rokman

Rokman Member

It's a shame the Rockets couldn't have won a Championship with him. I always liked Gordon even before we signed him. I hope he ends up with a team where he can actually win one.

Any young talent worth having on the Bucks?

mikol13, raining threes and crenshaw like this.